Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2021, 09:55 AM

21,738 posts, read 28,070,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
How'd you ensure that attendees were vaccinated? Was it on the honor system?
Who cares. It’s outdoors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2021, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Sort of scary something so simplistic as fact vs opinion is either difficult to comprehend or is purposely manipulated because, well, politics.
I don’t know why it’s so hard to comprehend what you’re saying.

Safety is an interpretation of data. Some may find something to be safe while others may find it to be risky given the data.

I took the vaccine as I felt it was safe enough for the trade off to travel. That’s my opinion.

Just as there’s risk in everything and one’s interpretation of the data is their opinion as to whether it’s safe.

Quote:
Today’s data show that between Dec. 14, 2020 and April 30, a total of*157,277 total adverse events*were reported to VAERS, including*3,837 deaths*— an increase of 293 over the previous week — and*16,014 serious injuries, up 2,467 since last week.
https://www.medalerts.org/vaersdb/fi...ON&VAX=COVID19

Old 05-08-2021, 10:51 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
Two days ago I had a surprise birthday party for dh held in my small apartment. Just nine of us but all were vaccinated. I am sure they are all vaccinated (with one exception) because it was a combo of close family, close friends, next door neighbors on each side and they are all older and and well past the fully vaccinated stage.

The one exception was my cousin's husband. He has not been vaccinated yet because he had COVID. He said he doesn't quite know what to do. IIRC, he had COVID late last summer--so I think he should ask his dr. But it was SO MUCH FUN to be together with people again indoors at a party and no masks!

Old 05-08-2021, 11:33 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,146,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Two days ago I had a surprise birthday party for dh held in my small apartment. Just nine of us but all were vaccinated. I am sure they are all vaccinated (with one exception) because it was a combo of close family, close friends, next door neighbors on each side and they are all older and and well past the fully vaccinated stage.

The one exception was my cousin's husband. He has not been vaccinated yet because he had COVID. He said he doesn't quite know what to do. IIRC, he had COVID late last summer--so I think he should ask his dr. But it was SO MUCH FUN to be together with people again indoors at a party and no masks!
Pretty sure the standard recommendation is to still get vaccinated if you've had Covid--but you might not need the second dose.

Old 05-08-2021, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

Current WHO guidance is 6 months after recovery to get vaccine.

That is certainly erring on the side of caution as the immunity seems to last a year or longer and may be very protective, but he could get one now if he wants to be sure.

Old 05-08-2021, 12:39 PM

21,618 posts, read 31,197,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
I don’t know why it’s so hard to comprehend what you’re saying.

Safety is an interpretation of data. Some may find something to be safe while others may find it to be risky given the data.

I took the vaccine as I felt it was safe enough for the trade off to travel. That’s my opinion.

Just as there’s risk in everything and one’s interpretation of the data is their opinion as to whether it’s safe.

https://www.medalerts.org/vaersdb/fi...ON&VAX=COVID19
I think because too many are letting their political affiliations cloud their judgment. It’s no surprise liberals are very pro covid restrictions and vaccine requirements and conservatives are the opposite.

I, too, feel the vaccine is safe and got it myself. That’s my opinion, too, just as it’s a medical professional’s opinion that it’s safe based on their interpretation of data, as you stated. But factual, it is not.

Old 05-09-2021, 05:17 AM

3,435 posts, read 3,943,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
How'd you ensure that attendees were vaccinated? Was it on the honor system?
Considering my town is 85%+ vaccinated, its a pretty safe assumption. And as Stylo mentioned, it being outdoors makes the vaccination rate irrelevant.

The reality is without a vax passport system, we are all relying on the honor system.

Old 05-10-2021, 06:28 AM

512 posts, read 351,685 times
Quote:

That is certainly erring on the side of caution as the immunity seems to last a year or longer and may be very protective, but he could get one now if he wants to be sure.
I haven't seen any studies backing up the "immunity for one year" statement. Is this from a new study? Admittedly, I am not combing through scientific literature for hot off the press info. Last I knew, there was evidence (I believe it was a NIH study) for eight months of immunity. Not to say it doesn't last longer and hopefully it does.

Old 05-10-2021, 06:32 AM

6,125 posts, read 5,095,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownedbits View Post
I haven't seen any studies backing up the "immunity for one year" statement. Is this from a new study? Admittedly, I am not combing through scientific literature for hot off the press info. Last I knew, there was evidence (I believe it was a NIH study) for eight months of immunity. Not to say it doesn't last longer and hopefully it does.
I haven't either...I've seen 6 months in published studies, but I assume this period will be extended as more data is obtained. It would be great if 1 year immunity is conclusively established...that would allow us to get on a yearly cycle for boosters (as we do with flu shots currently).

Old 05-10-2021, 07:24 AM

56 posts, read 24,179 times
Quote:

Reference for the WHO 6 month recommendation? I don't think that's correct. The only reason to delay getting a vaccine after recovering from covid is if you were treated with monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut