Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2024, 07:03 PM

6,881 posts, read 3,729,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
OK, we have some extremely close matchups here:

Norwalk vs Old Lyme, West Hartford vs Stamford, Ridgefield vs Greenwich, Haddam vs Manchester, Bridgeport vs North Haven, Tolland vs New Hartford, West Haven vs Cornwall, Norwich vs Ellington, Canterbury vs Barkhamsted, Bethany vs North Branford, Middlefield vs Hamden, Berlin vs Sherman, Seymour vs Woodstock, Stratford vs Orange, Ashford vs Morris. All of these are EXTREMELY NECK & NECK and could literally go either way. The last votes we get will be very CRUCIAL!!!!

On another note, this is looking to be the LAST Round for the Farmington Valley Suburbs!

Another matchup I've been watching is Branford vs Middletown. Middletown took an Early Lead, Branford came back, and Now Branford has a slightly comfortable lead, but that tie is NOT OVER yet.
Has Bridgeport lost yet? For all the hell it catches here, it performs.
Stamford/WH is understandable as is Ridgefield vs Greenwich. Surprised Norwalk-Old Lyme is close. Old Lyme isn't particulary nice and there's literally nothing there. Stratford has more grit and vibe than Orange. I don't remember my vote on that but change it to Stratford if I didn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2024, 07:14 PM

2,164 posts, read 1,635,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Has Bridgeport lost yet? For all the hell it catches here, it performs.
Stamford/WH is understandable as is Ridgefield vs Greenwich. Surprised Norwalk-Old Lyme is close. Old Lyme isn't particulary nice and there's literally nothing there. Stratford has more grit and vibe than Orange. I don't remember my vote on that but change it to Stratford if I didn't.
You already voted for Stratford. Stratford had a very early comfortable lead and Orange came back.

Bridgeport hasn’t lost yet but it is narrowly losing to North Haven. That could definitely change before the round ends though.

And yes, Stamford/West Hartford as well as Ridgefield/Greenwich were both expected to be close.

As for Norwalk/Old Lyme, when you look at the towns on paper, it seems that Norwalk would win by quite a bit, but knowing the performances of both towns here in previous tournaments, it doesn’t surprise me at all. Yes, there’s not much in Old Lyme, but a lot of people do not like cities and prefer quieter areas. Old Lyme is a very nice middle class suburb that’s mostly rural and quiet. Also you can’t underestimate the great views of the CT River coming into the Long Island Sound. There are some really pretty views of Old Lyme.

And let me tell you Steve, Norwalk is a town that has been performing better every tournament. It didn’t used to be a tough town to beat, and if this matchup was held in the 2016 or 2018 tournaments, Old Lyme would’ve won easily. In 2016, Norwalk lost narrowly to Orange. Yes I’m not joking.

We can’t underestimate how often towns do evolve over the years and changes in performances. I feel like many people really feel that all the Tournaments have pretty much the same results over the years, but really that is NOT true. Yes maybe the Top 5 towns or so are pretty much the same, but other towns really do evolve.

For example Towns that have definitely performed better in each tournament: Milford, New Haven, Chester, Essex, Deep River, Norwalk, Waterford, Groton, Lyme, Clinton, Westbrook, West Hartford, West Haven, and North Stonington.

Towns that have seriously regressed / went downhill performance wise in tournaments: Greenwich, Darien, Ridgefield, Shelton, Orange, Avon, Farmington, Canton, Madison, Southbury, Oxford, Wethersfield, Newington, Rocky Hill, Old Lyme, and Roxbury. These towns used to be way tougher to beat in previous tournaments.

Towns that have been pretty consistent in every tournament: Fairfield, Guilford, Old Saybrook, East Lyme, Newtown, Litchfield, Glastonbury, Washington, Middletown, Branford, Trumbull, Kent, and Stonington.

Towns that are a Hit or Miss. You just NEVER KNOW with these towns: Bridgeport, Hartford, New Canaan, Salisbury, Stamford, Wilton, Weston, Easton, Danbury, Stratford, Monroe, Mansfield, Woodbury, Granby, Wallingford, Hamden, Southington, New London, Middlebury, Bethlehem, and Colchester. These towns can sometimes do very well or completely be humiliated. With these towns, you never know!

Last edited by Danny K; 03-31-2024 at 07:36 PM..

Old 03-31-2024, 07:42 PM

Very likely in the next round, we are going to see a Madison vs Essex matchup and I’m extremely curious of how this will go. Like I just said above, Madison’s performances have really regressed a lot, and Essex’s performances have progressed. It’s probably 60-40 in Madison’s favor but I expect it to be very close.

Old 03-31-2024, 10:00 PM

33 posts, read 21,474 times
Winners Bracket:

Fairfield vs Chester

Norwalk vs Old Lyme

Stonington vs Trumbull

Westport vs Simsbury

Milford vs Kent

West Hartford vs Stamford

Madison vs Wallingford

Essex vs Wilton

Guilford vs Woodbridge

Ridgefield vs Greenwich

Litchfield vs Farmington

Branford vs Middletown

New Haven vs Southbury

Glastonbury vs Newtown

Old Saybrook vs Avon

East Lyme vs Weston

Losers Bracket:

Haddam vs Manchester

Killingworth vs Enfield

Scotland vs Burlington

Prospect vs Marlborough

Willington vs Thomaston

Bethlehem vs Bozrah

Goshen vs Canaan

Bridgeport vs North Haven

Durham vs Newington

Mansfield vs Brooklyn

Sharon vs Thompson

Granby vs Rocky Hill

Tolland vs New Hartford

Bolton vs Salem

Colebrook vs East Windsor

West Haven vs Cornwall

Norwich vs Ellington

Middlebury vs Windsor Locks

Canterbury vs Barkhamsted

Bethany vs North Branford

Middlefield vs Hamden

Roxbury vs Putnam

Ledyard vs Norfolk

Plainville vs Watertown

South Windsor vs Suffield

Redding vs Coventry

Berlin vs Sherman

New Britain vs Hartford

Seymour vs Woodstock

Hebron vs Hampton

Ashford vs Morris

Stratford vs Orange

Old 04-01-2024, 09:57 AM

Oh My Word!!!!!

West Hartford vs Stamford, Norwalk vs Old Lyme, Ridgefield vs Greenwich, and Orange vs Stratford are draws!!!!

Orange and Old Lyme came back!

Branford vs Middletown is still close

Also Fairfield and Glastonbury are not quite safe yet!

Old 04-01-2024, 09:58 AM

Deadline is tomorrow at 8:00pm CT time! Be sure to get all those last votes in!

I wonder where these people have been: WouldLoveTo, BPt111, DigitalMilford, East of the River, RiskReturn, and BHW2436

Old 04-02-2024, 12:53 PM

Deadline for Round 4 is tonight at 8:00pm CT! Any last minute votes, get them in ASAP!

Old 04-02-2024, 06:12 PM

OK Guys, I am extending the deadline for another 5 hrs due to being really busy and unable to work on this at the moment. New Deadline is tonight 1:10am CT time!

So you've got some time to get anymore last minute votes in! I also have a few draws that I need broken:

Norwalk vs Old Lyme

West Hartford vs Stamford

Ridgefield vs Greenwich

Bridgeport vs North Haven

West Haven vs Cornwall

Startford vs Orange

Old 04-02-2024, 06:59 PM

6,575 posts, read 4,964,901 times
Almost forgot this tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Round 4:

Deadline: Tuesday, April 2 at 8:00pm Connecticut Time.

Winners Bracket:

Fairfield vs Chester

Norwalk vs Old Lyme

Stonington vs Trumbull

Westport vs Simsbury

Milford vs Kent

West Hartford vs Stamford I was going to not vote for either but I guess we need tie breakers here

Madison vs Wallingford

Essex vs Wilton

Guilford vs Woodbridge

Ridgefield vs Greenwich same as above

Litchfield vs Farmington

Branford vs Middletown

New Haven vs Southbury

Glastonbury vs Newtown

Old Saybrook vs Avon

East Lyme vs Weston

Losers Bracket:

Haddam vs Manchester I remember a thing when I was a kid, campground? Fair? But it was advertised as Higganum-Haddam which I always thought was funny

Killingworth vs Enfield

Scotland vs Burlington

Prospect vs Marlborough

Willington vs Thomaston

Bethlehem vs Bozrah

Goshen vs Canaan

Bridgeport vs North Haven another one I really have no opinion on

Durham vs Newington

Mansfield vs Brooklyn I'm anti-college town

Sharon vs Thompson

Granby vs Rocky Hill

Tolland vs New Hartford

Bolton vs Salem

Colebrook vs East Windsor

West Haven vs Cornwall

Norwich vs Ellington

Middlebury vs Windsor Locks

Canterbury vs Barkhamsted

Bethany vs North Branford

Middlefield vs Hamden

Roxbury vs Putnam

Ledyard vs Norfolk

Plainville vs Watertown

South Windsor vs Suffield

Redding vs Coventry

Berlin vs Sherman

New Britain vs Hartford only because I like the mayor, it's a lesser of two evils pick

Seymour vs Woodstock

Hebron vs Hampton

Ashford vs Morris

Stratford vs Orange

So there we have it. Who is READY to VOTE in Round 4!!!! Matchups are starting to get TOUGHER!!!!

Old 04-02-2024, 07:36 PM

372 posts, read 155,899 times
Fairfield

Old Lyme

Stonington

Simsbury

Milford

Stamford

Madison

Essex

Guilford

Ridgefield

Litchfield

Middletown

New Haven

Newtown

Old Saybrook

East Lyme

Losers Bracket:

Manchester

Enfield

Burlington

Marlborough

Willington

Bethlehem

Goshen

Bridgeport

Durham

Mansfield

Sharon

Granby

Rolland

Bolton

East Windsor

West Haven

Ellington

Windsor Locks

Barkhamsted

North Branford

Hamden

Putnam

Ledyard

Watertown

Suffield

Coventry

Berlin

Hartford

Woodstock

Hebron

Ashford

Orange
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut