Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2024, 06:39 AM

837 posts, read 506,628 times

Advertisements

Winners Bracket:

Fairfield vs Old Lyme

Stonington vs Westport

Milford vs West Hartford

Madison vs Essex

Guilford vs Ridgefield

Litchfield vs Branford

New Haven vs Glastonbury

Old Saybrook vs East Lyme

Losers Bracket:

East Hampton vs Haddam

Groton vs Killingworth

Oxford vs Burlington

Portland vs Marlborough

East Haddam vs Thompson

Monroe vs Bethlehem

Canton vs Goshen

Cheshire vs North Haven

Easton vs Durham

Southington vs Mansfield

Darien vs Sharon

Wethersfield vs Granby

New Milford vs Tolland

Colchester vs Salem

Washington vs Colebrook

New London vs West Haven

Bethel vs Ellington

Danbury vs Middlebury

Waterford vs Barkhamsted

Shelton vs North Branford

Clinton vs Hamden

New Fairfield vs Roxbury

Salisbury vs Norfolk

Cromwell vs Watertown

Deep River vs South Windsor

North Stonington vs Redding

Lyme vs Berlin

Brookfield vs Hartford

Woodbury vs Woodstock

Bridgewater vs Hebron

Westbrook vs Ashford

New Canaan vs Orange
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2024, 08:16 AM

2,171 posts, read 1,638,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerAnthony View Post
Where did Thomaston go? It won last round but isn't there to vote for this round.
Well spotted! After checking, it’s supposed to be East Haddam vs Thomaston (NOT Thompson). Can a mod please change this on my original post?

And everyone who already voted, please check your votes for East Haddam vs Thompson. Supposed to be Thomaston, and let me know if that changes your vote!

Just a bad Typo on my part! Guys please let me know either way about East Haddam vs Thomaston fixture. Just please revote again for this fixture due to the typo..

Old 04-04-2024, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diydesign View Post
I am just a little bit confused about how this works. Not saying that Brookfield should win the tournament by any means, but how did it end up in the losers bracket when it did not lose in any of the previous rounds? It was still in the winners bracket in round three, where it won against Rocky Hill. But then it wasn’t included in round four, and is now in the losers bracket for round five.
Brookfield won against Rocky Hill in Round 2. It lost to Litchfield in Round 3. Did you miss something? Then it entered the losers bracket after losing to Litchfield. Like I said before we didn’t see it in Round 4 because a few rounds of the losers bracket had to be played before it got there.

Old 04-04-2024, 08:40 AM

Default Announcement: Typo

Announcement:

Hey Everyone,
RogerAnthony pointed out something very important to me. In one of the losers bracket fixtures: East Haddam vs Thompson is INCORRECT. It is supposed to be East Haddam vs Thomaston.

Therefore for all previous votes before this post, I am setting that fixture back to 0-0. Please re-vote again for that specific fixture of East Haddam vs Thomaston.

And one of Stylo or Jay, could you please fix this in my original post for Round 5?

Old 04-04-2024, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudFairfielder View Post
Stonington vs Westport
Did you forget this one? Just wanted to check because it's kind of unlike you to skip a matchup!

Old 04-04-2024, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Fine then. These votres are final final
I'll opt out of the losers bracket
Steve, if you want to vote for the first time in the Losers Bracket to break draws, I am totally cool with that! Mainly because you're still genuinely choosing which town you want to send to the next round!

Old 04-04-2024, 12:27 PM

Hey Guys,
Just want to bring to your attention, that if anything in regards to the tournament does NOT look right, or there appears to be a mistake somewhere, PLEASE PLEASE say something in a post here. It might just be not quite understanding how the tournament works or missing something yourself, but PLEASE say it regardless, so I can look into it and check.

It is human nature to make a few mistakes, and especially with me dealing with 169 towns, it is natural to be a bit prone to that. Usually I average around 1-2 mistakes per tournament, which is very little, but can definitely happen.

There are honestly a number of towns that have very similar names to each other, for example:

Thomaston / Thompson
Canaan / Canton
Watertown / Waterford
Cheshire / Chester
East Haddam / East Hampton
Haddam / Hampton
Woodbridge / Woodbury / Woodstock
Cornwall / Cromwell
New Haven / North Haven
Southbury / Southington
Middlebury / Middletown / Middlefield
Southington / Stonington
Middlefield / Mansfield

And many others. Usually I look very carefully, but it is easy for me to slip up here and there, and write another similar town by accident. Therefore, please say something immediately if something seems wrong or doesn't sound quite right!

I've definitely confused a few of those before when dealing with so many towns at once.

There are a few mistakes I remember making in previous tournaments:

2018: In Round 2 I had Canaan listed twice in one round, and one of them was supposed to be Canton.

2022: I had North Branford listed twice somewhere, and one was supposed to be Putnam (this was mainly due to not copying the bracket properly). When I voted for one of the rounds, I accidentally read Mansfield for Middlefield.

2024: For this one, I have Thompson listed instead of Thomaston. Has been noted, and I'm just waiting for a mod to see this and change it!

Last edited by Danny K; 04-04-2024 at 12:36 PM..

Old 04-04-2024, 03:01 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,974,857 times
East Haddam vs Thomaston

I cast my vote for Thomaston in this one now that its been corrected. I am obviously biased, but I think its the best town in the state!

Old 04-04-2024, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerAnthony View Post
East Haddam vs Thomaston

I cast my vote for Thomaston in this one now that its been corrected. I am obviously biased, but I think its the best town in the state!
Recorded!

Old 04-04-2024, 04:35 PM

210 posts, read 262,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Brookfield won against Rocky Hill in Round 2. It lost to Litchfield in Round 3. Did you miss something? Then it entered the losers bracket after losing to Litchfield. Like I said before we didn’t see it in Round 4 because a few rounds of the losers bracket had to be played before it got there.
Yes, apparently I blocked it out. LOL. Even though I did vote in that round. In all fairness, my son was in the hospital that week, so I don’t think my brain was operating at full capacity. But I still do agree with Litchfield winning. So all is well that ends well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut