Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2024, 08:41 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,633,538 times

Advertisements

This whole Litchfield vs Branford matchup has been TOE to TOE the whole Round!!! It is currently a draw, and I just wonder what will happen at the end!!!! It's super close right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2024, 10:40 AM

34,913 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Yup! Recorded now! The problem is I can’t just keep the east Haddam votes because considering the opposing town is a different town, it can completely change someone’s vote!

And am also not quite sure how many people lurk around and read all the posts either, so some people might not even know what happened.
You might want to send them a DM and ask. They may not see your post.

Last edited by JayCT; 04-08-2024 at 10:51 AM..

Old 04-08-2024, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
You might want to send them a DM and ask. They may not see your post.
Only waiting for one more, and I sent him a DM!

Old 04-08-2024, 12:09 PM

Is there some backlash against Redding for any reason? Redding has been seriously underperforming this tournament and not been meeting expectations at all. Any idea why? I’m kind of curious!

Old 04-08-2024, 12:51 PM

21,722 posts, read 28,048,669 times
Quote:
Is there some backlash against Redding for any reason? Redding has been seriously underperforming this tournament and not been meeting expectations at all. Any idea why? I’m kind of curious!
It's really beautiful but doesn't have a very well defined or walkable center, which hurts its identity.

Then again, neither does North Stonington. North Stonington's best asset IMO is Jonathan Edwards.

Old 04-08-2024, 02:29 PM

4,449 posts, read 3,342,293 times
Quote:
The only time I have ever been to Redding is to go to the Redding Roadhouse which is nice. But other than that it seems very boring along the lines of Easton. I am not a country mouse. This might explain what I am talking about.

Density Per Square Mile
Redding.................285
Easton...................265

The patch of land that is Easton and Redding seem to me to be the most boring place in Fairfield County.

Old 04-08-2024, 02:48 PM

6,569 posts, read 4,962,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
The only time I have ever been to Redding is to go to the Redding Roadhouse which is nice. But other than that it seems very boring along the lines of Easton. I am not a country mouse. This might explain what I am talking about.

Density Per Square Mile
Redding.................285
Easton...................265

The patch of land that is Easton and Redding seem to me to be the most boring place in Fairfield County.
hah!!! Density is one of the metrics I look at, and the lower the better

Old 04-08-2024, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
It's really beautiful but doesn't have a very well defined or walkable center, which hurts its identity.

Then again, neither does North Stonington. North Stonington's best asset IMO is Jonathan Edwards.
Understood, but still kind of underperforming. Redding is going toe to toe with towns like North Stonington, and Southington and only even beat Coventry by a bit. Definitely below expectations.

The expectations considering performances in previous tournaments would be going toe to toe more with towns like: Cheshire, Southbury, Trumbull, and Waterford.

All that to say, North Stonington is performing above expectations this tournament as well.

Old 04-08-2024, 06:54 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,973,706 times
Quote:

I think its just that no one knows Redding. I cannot picture anything in Redding and do not know where it is on the map. The only image its name conjures up for me are the Reading Phillies and they are from Pennsylvania.

Old 04-08-2024, 08:02 PM

6,873 posts, read 3,726,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerAnthony View Post
I think its just that no one knows Redding. I cannot picture anything in Redding and do not know where it is on the map. The only image its name conjures up for me are the Reading Phillies and they are from Pennsylvania.
It’s probably more known west of the proverbial river.
In Redding you literally step into the void. Theres really no other way to put it. There’s an old timey gas station and roadhouse. A non descript eastern FCounty rural outpost that falls under the radar. It’s big brothers Fairfield, Trumbull and Bridgeport hog all the headlines and Redding likes it that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut