Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2024, 05:18 AM

83,571 posts, read 75,534,036 times

Advertisements

Paving Southbound lane this morning.

https://share.earthcam.net/CTDOTNorw...ge/camera/live

I am really surprised post road is not a grid lock. Aren't there like millions of vehicles that travel on I-95... So where are there?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2024, 05:32 AM

6,969 posts, read 3,796,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post

I am really surprised post road is not a grid lock. Aren't there like millions of vehicles that travel on I-95... So where are there?
Still in bed?

Old 05-05-2024, 05:53 AM

523 posts, read 745,787 times
Quote:

I was up in Norwalk starting at 4 Am yesterday and it was really light but around 8 Am that's when the traffic started to build up.

Old 05-05-2024, 06:38 AM

20,182 posts, read 9,083,605 times
they're painting new lines on SB 95 where the overpass was so it's probably a good bet it will be open very soon.

Old 05-05-2024, 07:29 AM

35,002 posts, read 57,095,967 times
Governor Lamont just announced I-95 Southbound will be reopened by 10:00 AM TODAY! That’s fabulous news. Great job CTDOT. Applause to all involved. Phenomenal work.

https://x.com/govnedlamont/status/17...Q7BBpdpt3PQ9_w

Old 05-05-2024, 07:29 AM

21,658 posts, read 31,289,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
I’m wondering if they just leave it as as. Fix the pavement, plug off the roads above and call it a day. That overpass isn’t really needed, there are three or four others within a few blocks.
I’m not sure how well you know that area but if they didn’t rebuild, the traffic backup on 7 and Belden Ave/Norwalk Hospital would be horrible.

Old 05-05-2024, 08:22 AM

11,316 posts, read 18,931,393 times
Quote:
Click the link and see it

Thanks, just looked at it now. From the looks of it now, maybe southbound will even open later today (I see cars in the photo but I think they are police and/or government cars, or maybe cars from the construction company (I typed this before seeing Jay's comment).

Quote:

Um, it's Sunday at 7am, people still mostly asleep? But that's good to know since I have to be on I-95 next Sunday at 8am for my son's college graduation, so although obviously it will be long past the reopen I'll be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
I’m wondering if they just leave it as as. Fix the pavement, plug off the roads above and call it a day. That overpass isn’t really needed, there are three or four others within a few blocks.
Since so many others commented to this on the merits of rebuilding I won't, but I will say they are almost certainly getting Federal money to rebuild the bridge so why not? I hear it may take up to a year for it to be back though so I guess we'll get to see for awhile the effects of what would've happened if it permanently were no longer there.

Old 05-05-2024, 08:25 AM

6,969 posts, read 3,796,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I’m not sure how well you know that area but if they didn’t rebuild, the traffic backup on 7 and Belden Ave/Norwalk Hospital would be horrible.
I’m 10 minutes away, seriously guy? Lowes is my second home.
It’s Fairfield Ave overpass. It literally has no parallel connection to Rt 7 off-ramps. There are 3 other overpasses mere blocks away. I understand the area and flow otherwise I wouldn’t have brought it up.
I’m not as dumb as I look.

Old 05-05-2024, 10:20 AM

35,002 posts, read 57,095,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Thanks, just looked at it now. From the looks of it now, maybe southbound will even open later today (I see cars in the photo but I think they are police and/or government cars, or maybe cars from the construction company (I typed this before seeing Jay's comment).

Um, it's Sunday at 7am, people still mostly asleep? But that's good to know since I have to be on I-95 next Sunday at 8am for my son's college graduation, so although obviously it will be long past the reopen I'll be fine.

Since so many others commented to this on the merits of rebuilding I won't, but I will say they are almost certainly getting Federal money to rebuild the bridge so why not? I hear it may take up to a year for it to be back though so I guess we'll get to see for awhile the effects of what would've happened if it permanently were no longer there.
The camera link doesn’t appear to be working. I checked CTDOT’s website and the highway cameras show traffic moving in both directions and there are no longer warnings listed under Incidents so that means IT’S OPEN! Great news.

Old 05-05-2024, 02:03 PM

523 posts, read 745,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
The camera link doesn’t appear to be working. I checked CTDOT’s website and the highway cameras show traffic moving in both directions and there are no longer warnings listed under Incidents so that means IT’S OPEN! Great news.

Yeah Jay I passed by it and as I suspected they took the camera down off the pole as well as the earthcam boxes at the base. But yeah the traffic is flowing good now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut