Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 09:00 AM

1 posts, read 8,177 times

Advertisements

i know you might not beleieve me but last night in shelton me and my friends were on are way to monroe on a back road im pretty sure called farm mill or mill farm? something connecting shelton and monroe. we were going down it with high beams since the weather was raining, foggy and freezing. no houses just woods windy roads. we came across a man with a HUGE head and his head had like wrinkles on the back. he was short with a hump back and walking very slow not once did he turn around as we were driving we were all screaming so scared his hands were so small it happend so fast but we will never go down the road again. im very serious and i would take caution do NOT go down this road not even as a joke. to add to the night we got lost in newtown/monroe. where many other windy dark roads are. its not something to joke around with. its very serious my dad himself as a kid said his friend will never go in the woods again after seeing little houses in shelton in the woods somewhere close to white hills. really be careful dont mess with them - nicole
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 11:06 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,865,844 times
I sure do miss the days of my youth sometimes.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:09 PM

5,064 posts, read 15,902,409 times
I live on the Monroe/Shelton border with several acres of woods behind my house, I'll keep an eye out.

Old 11-10-2008, 12:37 PM

235 posts, read 783,510 times
And I'll tell the INS that Quasimodo is on the loose in Monroe, probably without a visa.
Now I just have to rent Mel Brooks' Young Frankenstein one more time...

Old 11-25-2008, 03:57 PM

1 posts, read 8,097 times
I don't know if any of this is true but its always something we talk about around Halloween. I live in Shelton and we've gotcreep things happening.Though my friend lives on the "Dracula Drive" its freaky. We actually talk about it alot. Its the forest and trees that are freaky and how many car accidents.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:51 PM

119 posts, read 369,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsparkles555 View Post
i know you might not beleieve me but last night in shelton me and my friends were on are way to monroe on a back road im pretty sure called farm mill or mill farm? something connecting shelton and monroe. we were going down it with high beams since the weather was raining, foggy and freezing. no houses just woods windy roads. we came across a man with a HUGE head and his head had like wrinkles on the back. he was short with a hump back and walking very slow not once did he turn around as we were driving we were all screaming so scared his hands were so small it happend so fast but we will never go down the road again. im very serious and i would take caution do NOT go down this road not even as a joke. really be careful dont mess with them - nicole

Yes. It is all true. WE DO EXIST. We've tried to live in peace and quiet for decades, but you meddling kids won't leave us alone!

This is a particularly sensitive time of year for myself and my extended family all over the country. Do you think we like seeing all of those poor pumpkins carved up and displayed by you small-headed butchers?!?

And, I will have you know that Uncle Squash is resting comfortably now after the scare of the car that almost turned him into a fruit salad the other night on Farm Mill Rd

Please leave us be. Can't we all just get along?

Oh, and I heard there is a family with Unusually Large-Private Parts on the other side of town. Maybe you guys could go make fun of them...I think they are called the "Mellon B@lls".

(Oh, I can't believe I just said that)

Old 11-26-2008, 05:42 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,902,409 times
Rofl!

Old 11-26-2008, 06:01 AM

2,080 posts, read 3,923,584 times
This cracks me up. When I was a kid in the 80's growing up in South Glastonbury, the "thing in the woods" then was the "Glastonbury Glawackus" Too funny, but it scared the hell out of some people...

Old 12-09-2008, 04:42 AM

1 posts, read 7,978 times
I was born and raised in Monroe CT, in 1958 went Masuk high school, As a young adult we would go down velvet st.( dracula dr) Looking for Melon heads.Sorry to say we didn't find any. What is fun to see this legend still is going on today. There was on house way up on a hill that stood by it self, we never got to close as we had concerns that they live up there in that house.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 7,754 times
I just got a book called Weird New England, and they tell about the mellonhead legend, and alot of others, also. Like pigman. Pigman is great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut