Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 06:45 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,584,054 times

Advertisements

The founder of Chick-Fil-A was a southern baptist Sunday school teacher, and till this day all restaurants are closed on Sunday. I'm not sure how well that would go over in the northeast.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:48 PM

2,102 posts, read 7,756,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
The founder of Chick-Fil-A was a southern baptist Sunday school teacher, and till this day all restaurants are closed on Sunday. I'm not sure how well that would go over in the northeast.

That brings back memories. I grew up on the New York - Connecticut state line and remember going to New Milford and Danbury only to find the stores closed.

I'm only just starting to get used to seeing car dealerships open on Sunday.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:48 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,856,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post

We accept that we can't purchase alcohol on Sunday.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:54 PM

163 posts, read 374,763 times
Cool Weirdos are everywhere,

Restaurants die miserable deaths in Ct ( try and find willing help) Work? what the hell is that!?? .In Fairfield County I would never open any thing here,especially during this current economic climate. I know a guy who had 2 papa john's, His second just closed in less than 2 years. Ct. is a strange place for sure.
Take a ride on any Rt1 thoroughfare and you will witness many stores that are vacant. The overhead, and stress of doing business will cure anyone from ever wanting to open a business unless they have extremely deep pockets that can save them. If I had deep pockets, I would never open a restaurant ,NEVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Chick-Fil-A is probably smart to avoid this area as there just doesn't seem to be much demand for fried chicken products in this region. Popeye's and Roy Roger's had outlets in the county in the past, and although they closed due to internal franchisee problems, the outlets were underachievers in terms of sales volume. Kentucky Fried Chicken has also closed some underperforming stores in this area over the past 5 years or so.

Pizza chains fail miserably in this region. Pizza Hut and Little Caesars flamed out fast. Dominoes flamed out quickly, and then they actually came back for more punishment, lol. They can't sell without some kind of deal or coupon and their market is essentially teens. Papa John's looks to be the next one that wants to come in and fall flat on their face, but it appears that they'll have to open the stores themselves because entrepeneurs around here realize that cheap franchise "Italian-food" doesn't have a market here.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:53 PM

722 posts, read 1,982,159 times
Chik-Fil-A? how about....golden coral? reillys? khrystal's? lol, I havent had some of that in like 10 years.

I think connecticut doesn't have alot of these because theres a high pop of italians and hispanics who just wanna cook at home.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:05 PM

154 posts, read 801,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post

We accept that we can't purchase alcohol on Sunday.
I don't! I don't understand it. Most people just buy double on Saturday, go across the border, or go to a bar, so I'm not sure why it's in effect. I say alcohol on Sunday to get more retail sales!

As for chains, I rarely see the need to go to them with so many great small restaurants around, especially with pizza. Down south chains and fast food are on every corner, I couldn't believe it down there.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:27 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,856,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njohnson View Post
I don't! I don't understand it. Most people just buy double on Saturday, go across the border, or go to a bar, so I'm not sure why it's in effect. I say alcohol on Sunday to get more retail sales!
I'll be really shocked if that blue law isn't lifted this year. The state is turning over every rock right now to come up with $$$$$$$. There's no way they're going to pass up an extra day of sales, and the tax revenue that would be generated, IMHO.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:37 PM

722 posts, read 1,982,159 times
believe it or not, i think we should keep our blue laws..we cant be too conservative.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:51 PM

21,618 posts, read 31,189,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
I am agape at how this food chain has vanished up here. After a lot of wandering, I gave up. Then google told me there is only one in jersey.

Back in charlotte, there used to be one in every 10 streets.

I sorely miss it. It had a unique taste.

Am also bummed about the disappearance of places like pizza hut, fossil clothing.................
One of the many reasons I dislike Charlotte.

Pizza hut is an insult to true pizza lovers across the nation. Hopefully they, and Dominos, suffer huge losses and shut down (well, not really, but they do suck).

Old 01-14-2009, 04:39 AM

113 posts, read 439,550 times
Oh how I miss chick fil a, YUMMY!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut