Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2023, 05:50 AM

1,097 posts, read 642,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
What I would love is a TV with forward facing dual speakers instead of ones facing down or to the back of the tv.
I doubt that would ever happen. There isn't enough demand for a TV that doesn't have a thin bezel all the way around, or to incorporate good sound into a TV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2023, 07:21 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,679,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
Ignore all those size calculators and make sure to buy a TV that fits in the available space.

I say this ALL THE TIME. I have a 55 that fits the space. I could probably go 75. But it doesn't need to be "The biggest thing I can fit in there".

Old 08-22-2023, 07:28 AM

43,269 posts, read 77,073,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akrausz View Post
I doubt that would ever happen. There isn't enough demand for a TV that doesn't have a thin bezel all the way around, or to incorporate good sound into a TV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I say this ALL THE TIME. I have a 55 that fits the space. I could probably go 75. But it doesn't need to be "The biggest thing I can fit in there".

We have a 65.
We could fit an 85, so I am trying to put on a practical face and negotiate a 75. We sit about 15' away and just a little more size will make it easier to follow the puck, methinks.

Old 08-22-2023, 07:29 AM

43,269 posts, read 77,073,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akrausz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post

We have a 65.
We could fit an 85, so I am trying to show Mrs. a practical face and mature restraint and negotiate to a 75. We sit about 15' away and just a little more size will make it easier to follow the puck, methinks.

Friend comes by and mentions a 10' projection every time he comes in. I am The Voice Of Reason.

Old 08-22-2023, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Friend comes by and mentions a 10' projection every time he comes in. I am The Voice Of Reason.

Yea, the 7 foot projected screen is in the basement. Love that. That was my COVID lock down upgrade.

Old 08-22-2023, 08:18 AM

2,050 posts, read 993,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Sure, if ones wants to display the main interest in their life. A prominently featured television is an obvious and inevitable eyesore in any room.
Your comment made me think of the giant telescreen in Fahrenheit 451. Invasive and always on, where the people are lost and controlled by what's on the screen. I think they called it "the wall" in the book, because it was so large.

Old 10-19-2023, 03:29 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,938,725 times
Default Paid up the $#@

I went for it, a 83 LG C3 Oled. At first I got a very good value 77 Samsung S90C oled than it wasn't quite as immersive as I thought it would be at 77. So I began searching for 85, was going to take a 85 mini led Samsung QN90C and changed course. The remote started to act up on my 5 day old Samsung oled, if you wanted to type in A in the menu it skips to C and basically impossible to type the letter you really wanted.

So I lost confidence in Samsung with such a new purchase and cancelled the 85 mini Led QN90C and just paid up for what I think is a more dependable brand with LG at least according to the reddit crowd.

I orginally bought the Samsung OLED due to its outstanding brightness and vivid picture quality. But perhaps its a bit too lively. It looks nothing like real life at times with 4k videos. Like contrast real life x 2. But is is certainly beautiful like an art form. But I don't know if i can look at it for many hours.

So this time I went with LG for its more real life colors. Trade offs right?

Before anyone says the 83 OLEDs are a terrible value, I know they are compared to the 77 Oleds which are a screaming deal right now. They are the same price as mini leds in the same size in the area.

I just decided to pay up for something I will use everyday and enjoy the heck out of it.

Old 10-19-2023, 03:48 PM

110 posts, read 57,327 times
Check:
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/c3-oled/settings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--f8PLK3MKU

Old 10-19-2023, 07:57 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,938,725 times
Thanks. For the link. I hope it's the one. Never owned an LG TV. I had a LG phone. The Stylo 5 bad phone but awesome natural colors.

Sony are just marked up way too high

Old 10-20-2023, 07:43 AM

I just switched to an LG also, from a Vizio. I like it very much so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics