Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2020, 07:07 AM

13,352 posts, read 39,959,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonyrich View Post
Eventually, when JC Penny goes belly up, that mall will be demolished and a Home Depot will be there in my dreams.
Don't get me started on Home Depot. Why there's not already a Home Depot in Cookeville is a mystery. A lot of towns a lot smaller and much less vibrant then Cookeville have a Home Depot. I don't know if it's still true, but a year or two ago the Lowe's in Cookeville was the highest grossing store in the entire company. I know when I was there on Saturday I had to circle the parking lot before I could find a parking space. With the record amount of new construction and rehabs going on around Cookeville, Lowe's needs some competition. The multitude of Ace home stores in the area is nice, but it's not the same as Home Depot.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2020, 08:36 AM

320 posts, read 540,797 times
There is a very evident gap in their map of store locations. I would hope to see a location in Cookeville soon and Crossville later on.
Attached Thumbnails
Cookeville developments and rumors-hd.png  

Old 02-11-2020, 08:56 PM

1,056 posts, read 725,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Don't get me started on Home Depot. Why there's not already a Home Depot in Cookeville is a mystery. A lot of towns a lot smaller and much less vibrant then Cookeville have a Home Depot. I don't know if it's still true, but a year or two ago the Lowe's in Cookeville was the highest grossing store in the entire company. I know when I was there on Saturday I had to circle the parking lot before I could find a parking space. With the record amount of new construction and rehabs going on around Cookeville, Lowe's needs some competition. The multitude of Ace home stores in the area is nice, but it's not the same as Home Depot.
I'm not surprised. We need Home Depot! JoAnns and Target would be nice, too, as would a second Dollar General Market somewhere like Algood or Double Springs.

Also, has anyone heard about the third major shopping center they're planning beside Eagle Point? I can't remember the name exactly.

Old 02-12-2020, 01:31 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,014,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llsmith42 View Post
There is a very evident gap in their map of store locations. I would hope to see a location in Cookeville soon and Crossville later on.
Between Lebanon, might as well say to Knoxville, there isn't one on I-40. Nashville to Chattanooga then back up to Knoxville, plenty of them. A strange Home Depot desert, that Cookeville seems to be the center of.

Old 02-12-2020, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Belt-lover L.A.M. View Post
I'm not surprised. We need Home Depot! JoAnns and Target would be nice, too, as would a second Dollar General Market somewhere like Algood or Double Springs.

Also, has anyone heard about the third major shopping center they're planning beside Eagle Point? I can't remember the name exactly.
Where would this major shopping center go? I've heard (and it's been documented) that the former trailer park on the hill above Academy and PetSmart is being redeveloped into commercial use. That's where Texas Roadhouse is going. But it's not nearly enough land for a major shopping center. Maybe the land across Walnut, behind O'Charley's and Rib City? An obvious place for a large, Eagle Pointe type shopping center is the old Norwalk site, where the Nissan and Hyundai dealerships park their overstock. Of course, there's also the current fairgrounds which will be hitting the market in the next year or two when the new fairgrounds/expo center are built.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 02-12-2020 at 02:32 PM..

Old 02-27-2020, 11:25 AM

Have any plans been announced for the former Hobby Lobby location?

Last edited by JMT; 02-27-2020 at 07:24 PM..

Old 02-27-2020, 07:25 PM

Quote:
I haven't heard anything, but when I drove by there tonight I noticed there were workers inside doing some remodeling. I'm curious what's happening there, too.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 02-28-2020, 02:46 PM

1,056 posts, read 725,422 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
I haven't heard anything, but when I drove by there tonight I noticed there were workers inside doing some remodeling. I'm curious what's happening there, too.
I was curious too but neither thought to ask nor passed by to notice work.

Old 03-12-2020, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Belt-lover L.A.M. View Post
I was curious too but neither thought to ask nor passed by to notice work.
I've heard from a couple of pretty reliable sources that it's going to be Gabe's which is going to move from its smaller store next to Staples to this much larger location. I've never been to Gabe's but have been told it's similar to TJMaxx and Ross.

Here's an article in the Tennessean about Gabe's in Nashville:
https://www.tennessean.com/story/lif...now/570087002/

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 03-13-2020, 06:29 AM

The move makes sense for the larger store but, to me, it seems like a worse location for them.

Now to wonder what will replace Gabe's by Staples? Not sure if it is a good enough location for Marshalls. Maybe a Dirt Cheap store or a Gordman's or Burkes Outlet?

My personal hope - An Ashley Furniture Outlet Center like the one in Hixson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville