Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2011, 05:31 PM

2 posts, read 5,925 times

Advertisements

I'm moving down to Corpus for school sometime around August and am looking for apartments. I can afford around 600 a month in rent. I don't mind having to make a short drive to school, but I'd prefer something less than 20 minutes away. This most important thing for me is it being bug free. I know I shouldn't expect too much for 600 a month, but I'm kind of a big baby when it comes to bugs. I'm flying down there in early may to look at some apartments before i make my final decision. I've already decided to look at The Summit and The Veranda apartments. Any other suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 10:40 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
I don't know much about rents, but it will be easy to find something within 20 mins of the TAMUCC. In fact, it would be hard to find much of an apartment farther away than that.

As for bugs....well....talk to the management about what they do as far as pest control. I hate to say it, but they're really just a part of life here. I hate them too, but you kinda get used to seeing them after a while. A newer complex will probably be better than an older complex. Where are you moving from?

Old 04-11-2011, 03:28 PM

484 posts, read 1,632,008 times
I was going to mention that Marlow, but it kind of goes without saying in South Texas, bugs are just something we live with down here.

$600 per month is not out of the park for apt rentals, but the original poster needs to pay close attention to how close they are to the flood zone,,, the closer they they are to TAMCC, the more likely they are to flood in a heavy rain, certainly do not take a 1st floor apt. There are a lot of horror stories out there.

I'd recommend someplace back towards SPID and Airline, Just MHO.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:06 PM

2 posts, read 5,925 times
I'm moving from the dallas area. I'll definitely keep that in mind about the flooding.

Haha I get that there will be bugs, I've just made the mistake of having to stay in an apartment that was so filled with roaches that, when you flipped on the kitchen light, you couldn't see the majority of the floor. Sad thing is I'm barely exxagerating. I just don't want to actually have to stay in a place like that again.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:00 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kman View Post
I'm moving from the dallas area. I'll definitely keep that in mind about the flooding.

Haha I get that there will be bugs, I've just made the mistake of having to stay in an apartment that was so filled with roaches that, when you flipped on the kitchen light, you couldn't see the majority of the floor. Sad thing is I'm barely exxagerating. I just don't want to actually have to stay in a place like that again.
That's extreme--sounds like a neighbors being filthy problem more than just a hot humid climate problem.

No matter what you do, you'll see them from time to time. But apartment management can avoid an infestation like that with regular spraying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi