Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2010, 09:03 AM

7 posts, read 26,032 times

Advertisements

My family is planning to move to Corpus at the end of July. I will be working at the airport and my son(8) will be going to St. Pius. My husband currently does not have employment in Corpus.

We came down in February for a few days and looked around at the area and apartments. Didn't have a lot of time to look. We did see baypoint apartments, alta vista, and island villa. They looked nice but would like more input on them. We were only at each about 10 minutes. Are there other apartments that we should be looking up? Closer to work and school?

What is the job situation? My husband is retiring with 20 years from a career fire department and was in the army for 8 years. He knows how to work and isn't scared to work hard.

Any and all information you can give will be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 02:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,798 times
You should def check out Island Villa.My friends live there and love it! There's a park across the street for kids and a movie theater like a block away. The staff is really nice and they like to do fun stuff with the residents and it's a brand new complex. I think you'll really like it! Def go check them out.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:46 AM

Thanks for the information. Do you know anything about Alta Bayside?

Old 06-16-2010, 10:18 AM

10 posts, read 14,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachfun24 View Post
You should def check out Island Villa.My friends live there and love it! There's a park across the street for kids and a movie theater like a block away. The staff is really nice and they like to do fun stuff with the residents and it's a brand new complex. I think you'll really like it! Def go check them out.
Agreed. Island Villa is nice, though slightly pricier than some of the other apartments I looked at. But well worth it! The floors are thick, but the walls seem a bit thin. Then again, maybe I just have unusually noisy neighbors.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:26 PM

484 posts, read 1,632,008 times
My son lives at Harbour Landing apts off of SPID, and is pretty happy there. It's well kept, semi-quiet, and has a young professional population. He's single and 33 y.o. and likes to socialize with his neighbors.,, (sigh). Prices there start out at about $600, and max out at about $900, depends on what you want.

It's a pretty nice place to live if you like apartment living.

Old 06-17-2010, 04:27 PM

Thanks for the information on Island Villa and Harbour Landing. Does anyone have an opinion on Alta Bayside, Camden Breakers, or Stoneleigh. I am looking at different ads on craigslist and apartment guide. Sometimes pictures look alot better than the real thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi