Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 06:21 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,129,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post
Sure you can't. I said you can't go up to EVERY day care. You picked one and there are plenty that do not. I am not a parent but I know plenty of them and their daycare stories make me reconsider being a parent one day.

I looked up Bright Horizons and keep seeing that they are one of the most expensive places around. It looks like a nice option if you can afford it.

I read somewhere that his brother could have watched him. I do wonder why didn't take advantage of that. It's been a year but I can't find new news on the story other than the charges were upped to murder because the poor baby passed away.
The guy earns $120,000 in ARIZONA! He can afford it.

This thread is really about how the employer was at fault (according to the OP). I personally disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2014, 04:17 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,634,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Who are you to tell anyone that their opinion is wrong? Aren't you the one who is a 20 year old college freshman with no real life, real relationship, real employment experience?

The man had a choice to tell the employer his child was ill and he could not work that day and anyone who thinks the motor on their vehicle is more important than the safety of their child has put less importance on their child than their vehicle.

Also, how would you know he is overworked and underpaid? Do you know him personally? Are you his employer making a confession? Do you know the employer? Do you work there as well?
You don't know any more about all of the details of this situation that what you read in that article.

Don't expect a response from 313weather. He is too chicken to come back to this thread, but as you will notice he posts like crazy in the work and employment forum.

Old 11-10-2014, 02:08 PM

779 posts, read 632,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
The guy earns $120,000 in ARIZONA! He can afford it.

This thread is really about how the employer was at fault (according to the OP). I personally disagree.

Really? When did they report this? Did he just start his job because he said that he couldn't afford bail but you would think he'd be able to figure somethign out making that kind of money.

I didn't see where the OP said that was the point of this thread. They said something about employees being overworked and underpaid too but that doesn't seem to apply here if the salary you quoted is correct.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Really? When did they report this? Did he just start his job because he said that he couldn't afford bail but you would think he'd be able to figure somethign out making that kind of money.

I didn't see where the OP said that was the point of this thread. They said something about employees being overworked and underpaid too but that doesn't seem to apply here if the salary you quoted is correct.
Did you even read the thread that you are participating in? It's all documented in here.

Old 11-11-2014, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Did you even read the thread that you are participating in? It's all documented in here.
Obviously not if you all linked to a site which confirms that info. I did do a search to try and find a news site with updated details and could not find that salary. I even did a search of this thread and see where someone said that they heard it on the radio but nowhere on a news site.

Old 11-11-2014, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Obviously not if you all linked to a site which confirms that info. I did do a search to try and find a news site with updated details and could not find that salary. I even did a search of this thread and see where someone said that they heard it on the radio but nowhere on a news site.
Read the thread... There are links to news sites that give the details.

Last edited by NJBest; 11-11-2014 at 07:22 AM..

Old 11-11-2014, 12:26 PM

29,813 posts, read 24,891,001 times
Quote:

The OP made a grotesque error in judgement. Read the beginning of the thread. It's all there. You may just be having a hard time believing anyone could somehow tie this in with unfair labor practices... Well, that is exactly the kind of garbage that the OP tried feeding us. Thankfully, the forum members here have an IQ far in excess of the gentleman who (accidentally?) killed their child... And perhaps those who have chosen to sympathize with him???

Old 11-11-2014, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
The OP made a grotesque error in judgement. Read the beginning of the thread. It's all there. You may just be having a hard time believing anyone could somehow tie this in with unfair labor practices... Well, that is exactly the kind of garbage that the OP tried feeding us. Thankfully, the forum members here have an IQ far in excess of the gentleman who (accidentally?) killed their child... And perhaps those who have chosen to sympathize with him???
No it's not hard to believe. I simply don't see the post that linked to a news site saying his income.

Old 11-11-2014, 10:42 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,966,010 times
Quote:
No it's not hard to believe. I simply don't see the post that linked to a news site saying his income.
There isn't one. The man works a day shift...and took his lunch break at Burger King. I think the $120K salary quote is an error.

"Interviews with family members, the babysitter and Marques’ employer show that he was aware of his shift and wouldn’t be fired if he was late. He had also arranged to bring his child to the babysitter, according to police.

Marques drove to work on Sept. 21 and left his son in the car while it was running with the air conditioning on. He later took his son to Burger King for lunch and returned to work where he turned off the car because he thought it was cool enough for the child."

Dad enters plea in death of boy left in car

Old 11-15-2014, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
There isn't one. The man works a day shift...and took his lunch break at Burger King. I think the $120K salary quote is an error.

"Interviews with family members, the babysitter and Marques’ employer show that he was aware of his shift and wouldn’t be fired if he was late. He had also arranged to bring his child to the babysitter, according to police.

Marques drove to work on Sept. 21 and left his son in the car while it was running with the air conditioning on. He later took his son to Burger King for lunch and returned to work where he turned off the car because he thought it was cool enough for the child."

Dad enters plea in death of boy left in car
So you're suggesting that the judge was lying in court as transcribed... On what basis?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events