Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 10:06 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post
No it's not hard to believe. I simply don't see the post that linked to a news site saying his income.
Did you read the thread? There's a link with the quote of the judge informing him that he can afford child care on the basis that his employer has paid him $90,000 in the last 9 months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2014, 06:26 PM

779 posts, read 632,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Did you read the thread? There's a link with the quote of the judge informing him that he can afford child care on the basis that his employer has paid him $90,000 in the last 9 months.
I already said that I didn't. I did a search trying to find a mention of his salary and couldn't. Now I know it was because I was looking for the dollar figure that someone said that they saw ad not the transcript.

"Marques: I can't afford an attorney. I need to speak with a...

Judge: At this point sir, I'm looking at your income and your expenses.

Marques: I am no longer working.

Judge: I understand that.

Marques: And the money I made I spent.

Judge: Please be quiet, sir... I understand that.

The judge said, according to his testimony, Marques has earned $90,000 so far this year."

So he made a bunch of money and it is now gone. It sounds like an MC Hammer story. Dude really should have gotten it together and just had his family watch him. I don't know if he was too proud or too stupid but I bet he is now too sorry that he didn't take them up on their kindness.

Old 11-17-2014, 07:41 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,635,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
The OP made a grotesque error in judgement.

That is an understatement.

Old 11-18-2014, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post
I already said that I didn't. I did a search trying to find a mention of his salary and couldn't. Now I know it was because I was looking for the dollar figure that someone said that they saw ad not the transcript.

"Marques: I can't afford an attorney. I need to speak with a...

Judge: At this point sir, I'm looking at your income and your expenses.

Marques: I am no longer working.

Judge: I understand that.

Marques: And the money I made I spent.

Judge: Please be quiet, sir... I understand that.

The judge said, according to his testimony, Marques has earned $90,000 so far this year."

So he made a bunch of money and it is now gone. It sounds like an MC Hammer story. Dude really should have gotten it together and just had his family watch him. I don't know if he was too proud or too stupid but I bet he is now too sorry that he didn't take them up on their kindness.
You should read the threads in which you participate in. You will find that many of your questions will have already been answered.

Old 11-18-2014, 04:28 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,423,774 times
Just because he "made" $90,000 doesn't mean he was paid it. It says he works on commission. It doesn't say if he actually got paid any of the commission. I knew a guy who worked commission but had to wait an inexplicable amount of time to actually get the money. So while he may have technically earned it doesn't mean he had immediate access to the money depending on the jobs payment scheme. It will be interesting to see his prior year tax return and his take home pay up until the time he got arrested.

Old 11-19-2014, 01:05 PM

779 posts, read 632,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
You should read the threads in which you participate in. You will find that many of your questions will have already been answered.
Normally, I do but this one was a bit long for the topic and filled with a little more nonsense than usual. Some answered the question. Some answered it incorrectly. Someone even said that what the others were pointing out was assumed and not pointed out as fact but thanks for the advice.

Old 12-24-2014, 08:08 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,635,616 times
What the heck does it matter about his income? The MAIN point here is that this scumbag should have known better than to leave a kid in the car. Arguing over income is pointless and trying to dismiss the MAIN point here speaks volumes about people.

Old 12-29-2014, 11:28 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
What the heck does it matter about his income? The MAIN point here is that this scumbag should have known better than to leave a kid in the car. Arguing over income is pointless and trying to dismiss the MAIN point here speaks volumes about people.
Exactly.

Old 01-04-2015, 02:26 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,920 times
His income is irrelevant.

Old 01-04-2015, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Exactly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
His income is irrelevant.
Are you kidding me? This thread is a Work & Employment thread and the OP is claiming that it's the employers fault for not paying the father enough. How is income irrelevant to the thread? Did you guys even read the thread?

The position of the OP is based on income. I would love to know why you guys think it's the employers fault that this man killed his child...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events