Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2014, 09:47 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,103,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
blueherons,

I think I understand your question and your thinking process is trying to separate the systems of the body. Good for you for trying to learn more

Brain death causes damage to heart and lung tissues which is why they finally stop without mechanical and/or medication support. So there is no guarantee one's heart and lungs would be viable to utilize what you propose above, as I understand both your question and the lifeless body. I might have misunderstood something. Maybe someone else understands your question differently.

Keep thinking about the difference in systems though, as you are right the electrical impulses, and chemicals/hormones released by the brain are responsible for the other systems working.

MSR
Thank you for your patience MSR. Obviously I have zero medical training or education. I appreciate your updates and look for them daily.

No, you understood what I'm trying to say.

I can't believe there hasn't been a single slip from anyone in the hospital or any leaks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 10:49 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,145,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post

I can't believe there hasn't been a single slip from anyone in the hospital or any leaks.
It does seem very odd that we haven't heard a peep from anyone. Even if the immediate family and people involved in the direct care of her body keep very quiet what about others that are not so closely involved? Wouldn't there be an office staff or at least a secretary answering the phones or a janitor cleaning the rooms, or nurses aides? Or parents of other patients or even neighbors or people driving by the parking lot who see Jahi's family coming & going?

Even the Police, FBI and CIA have had "leaks" regarding top secret missions. It hardly seems like this family has the same expertise to keep things quiet. Really odd.

It makes me wonder, if where ever she is there is just one or two people, plus family, handling everything. Maybe she really is just "at home in the basement" or someplace equally secluded like that.

Old 02-02-2014, 04:57 AM

23,172 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
old_cold,

I researched as much as I could tolerate it. You'll see my various posts. Check #568, I believe, is the one from the San Jose Mercury News where law enforcement says the body is suppose to come back for an autopsy.

Please feel free to add anything else you'd like. I have to have a break from this for a while.

MSR
I really shouldn't even have brought the subject up because the circumstances here are not ordinary....sorry.
But, since I did and in case anyone else is wondering, this from a California county site.

Why is the Coroner’s Office involved?
The Coroner is required by state law to investigate all deaths that fall under Coroner jurisdiction. Coroner jurisdiction ranges from deceased individuals who had no regular doctor to individuals who sustained some type of traumatic injury, such as falls, industrial deaths, traffic accidents, suicides, homicides, etc. It also includes deaths where the attending Medical Doctor is unable to state a cause of death or cases where the deceased has not been seen by a doctor for 20 days prior to death.

https://www.google.com/search?source...rlz=1I7TSNA_en

Old 02-02-2014, 06:55 AM

5,328 posts, read 6,016,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I've been wondering, too. Will we know if they finally decide to bury her? Will we still be talking about her 6 months from now, wondering at what stage her corpse is?

Very disconcerting.
I'm starting to wonder who is worst. The family who was unable to let go of the child or, as witnessed in this ongoing thread, strangers who are unable to let go of this soap opera-like tragedy?

I would hope that when the family lets go, they will quietly cremate their child or bury her in an unknown location (if they have not already done so), foregoing the media frenzy. The public does not have a right to this information.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:03 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times
Default You Will Decide

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
I'm starting to wonder who is worst. The family who was unable to let go of the child or, as witnessed in this ongoing thread, strangers who are unable to let go of this soap opera-like tragedy?

I would hope that when the family lets go, they will quietly cremate their child or bury her in an unknown location (if they have not already done so), foregoing the media frenzy. The public does not have a right to this information.
Lenora,

Like everyone, you'll decide for yourself.

I've outlined my concerns and why knowing the outcome of this case and how the courts, organizations and others may drastically change medical care, or lack thereof, in one or more state. But you would know that from my posts.

If you're not involved in healthcare, Protective Services, Law or a couple of other professions, I agree, there is no reason to follow. Those who don't work in those areas will have to post their own views.

This situation may well influence where I work or not in the future as well as set backs to clinical research.

It was the FAMILY and ATTORNEY who leaked information, not the hospital.

I don't really understand you opting to post if the multi-facets of this tragedy doesn't influence work or life decisions, unless you truly don't understand some of us have jobs that may be performed differently in various states, or others wanted to learn about Living Wills and brain death. Perhaps you could explain further...

Like you, as you know from the article I posted from the Jewish magazine and other posts, I have always wanted this to "end" quietly with proper respect for a 13 y.o. lost. However, the actions of the family and their attorney made privacy all parents need, impossible.

MSR

Old 02-02-2014, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
It does seem very odd that we haven't heard a peep from anyone. Even if the immediate family and people involved in the direct care of her body keep very quiet what about others that are not so closely involved? Wouldn't there be an office staff or at least a secretary answering the phones or a janitor cleaning the rooms, or nurses aides? Or parents of other patients or even neighbors or people driving by the parking lot who see Jahi's family coming & going?

Even the Police, FBI and CIA have had "leaks" regarding top secret missions. It hardly seems like this family has the same expertise to keep things quiet. Really odd.

It makes me wonder, if where ever she is there is just one or two people, plus family, handling everything. Maybe she really is just "at home in the basement" or someplace equally secluded like that.
I agree with you germaine. There are always leaks somewhere. Look at Philip Seymour Hoffman's death. Two officers leaked information.

I don't know how the family would have all the equipment needed or the set up to care for her body at home. Also, unless equipment and meds were being donated, rentals from medical supplies and medications obtained for the 13 y.o. all would include more people to know, not less.

I don't think the family could care for her body, let alone the other children, in the home.

I question what is truth in this situation since her body left the coroner's office.

MSR

Old 02-03-2014, 11:17 PM

Default A Great Update from KZ, the CRNA Answering Questions

Once before we were lucky enough to get a link for KZ, CRNA. That means Certified Registered Nurse Anethetist (RN with additional training in anesthesia and passing a national exam).

KZ addressez many questions we have had here. Plus, there are links. If you are truly trying to learn this is a great article that will answer many questions. He also promises a Volume II.
Trials & Tribulations: Jahi McMath: Frequently Asked Questions - Part I

There are interesting questions that follow. I was especially interested in the post from the person wondering, like I did, if the video was the one filmed at CHO in Dec. Read to see KZ's answer.

MSR

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 02-03-2014 at 11:28 PM..

Old 02-03-2014, 11:44 PM

Default Christian Science Article

This is a bit dated, but since I posted from the Jewish Publication I believe it is appropriate to post from a Christian source too.

One quote from an L.A. attorney I find very interesting and plausible. Attorney Areva Martin of L.A. states, " I think the McMath family never thought it would be in this (situation)."

That is a statement from a CA attorney that makes sense to me. See what you think as you read it.

When does life end? Two emotional cases probe the complexities. - CSMonitor.com

MSR

Old 02-04-2014, 12:24 AM

Default It's The Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold I shouldn't even have brought the subject up because the circumstances here are not ordinary....sorry.
But, since I did and in case anyone else is wondering, this from a California county site.

[I
Why is the Coroner’s Office involved? [/i]
The Coroner is required by state law to investigate all deaths that fall under Coroner jurisdiction. Coroner jurisdiction ranges from deceased individuals who had no regular doctor to individuals who sustained some type of traumatic injury, such as falls, industrial deaths, traffic accidents, suicides, homicides, etc. It also includes deaths where the attending Medical Doctor is unable to state a cause of death or cases where the deceased has not been seen by a doctor for 20 days prior to death.

https://www.google.com/search?source...rlz=1I7TSNA_en
old_cold,

I don't regret you addressing this. It probably shouldn't continue as I don't know that there is more to gain.

To me, why it has a lot of importance is because it shows how many different offices of county, state and potentially federal laws may have to change to prepare for another unusual situation.

Also, it documents how many different agencies/offices CHO was accountable to, yet it
seems no accountability to anyone or any agency.

I believe life is precious and the person's spirit/soul and body should be treated with respect.

MSR

Old 02-04-2014, 09:26 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,829,848 times
I haven't heard much about this story lately. What was the outcome? Did they finally bury the body?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events