Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2014, 07:43 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,910,427 times

Advertisements

There are men on death row in the United States for crimes that they did not commit that faced about 10% of the evidence in their trials where they were convicted in, compared to what Allen is up against.

So the question is: Would a jury convict Allen of his crimes based on current evidence - which is victim testimony.

Not with his amount of money and fame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 08:37 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,145,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
EnricoV - I am sorry -but do you remember when you were 17? Did you want to sleep with a 50 yr old woman? Don't tell me that the thought of it does not make you go - Yuck. Now if you are 50 - sleeping with another 50 year old is not a big thing. Yes - physical appearance matters very much in a relationship. And I can comment on anything I want - that is what a forum is for - if you disagree with me that is your right - Judgmental? Get real - everyone is judgmental in one way or another. I bet you think I am a big jerk - but that's O.K.
Well, no. I've never wanted to sleep with any woman. I'm not gay.

Physical appearance matters only to superficial people. Certainly physical appearance is one of the initial attractors. But if that's what the relationship is based on, it's shallow and superficial.

And incidentally, I didn't say you couldn't comment on whatever you wanted. Just that I found your comment shameful. Which is my comment. Which I'm sure you fully support me making.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:43 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,894 times
He's a slime, so I don't doubt it.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:45 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i love a lynch mob i mean you dont need any evidence at all do you?

Old 02-09-2014, 02:06 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
And if he's actually innocent? Then.. Well, greater good and all? Not a real problem dragging him through the mud?

I mean, after all, let's take the West Memphis 3.. Their combined 60 years in prison is justified because it brought attention to satanism in the US, right? While you can say "They pled guilty".. We all know that they did not admit guilt and if you go back and look at the details of the case.. There's not a prayer that they would be found guilty in a trial today.

I happen to believe in innocent until proven guilty. It sucks, but i'd rather see 100 guilty people go free than one innocent person in prison. To me, that is the lesser of two evils.
I do too , as with the Coronation star Bill Roache who was recently found innocent , but if somone is accused surely they have to be tried...... right enoough the vast amount of the Catholic church werent ... they seem to be immune to prosecution..

Old 02-09-2014, 06:22 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,455,013 times
I did not read thru all 13 pages of posts, so if this has already been posted please forgive...but found this interesting reading this morning....
10 Undeniable Facts About the Woody Allen Sexual-Abuse Allegation | Vanity Fair

I personally have serious doubts about his relationship with anyone...especially children/young teens.

Old 02-09-2014, 07:50 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne View Post
What is a moon bat? It is such an ugly and degrading sounding phrase. I really don't like it even though I don't know the exact meaning.
You can easily look it up. It is pejorative, but hardly degrading or ugly.
I think of it more like the aging hippie mentality.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:38 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Mia Farrow is nutty as a fruitcake.
Of course he did not abuse her children...he MARRIED one of them, in essence showering her with $$MILLIONS$$.
I should be so abused.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:06 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
No, it's because it's just too common a ploy used (mostly) by wives in divorce and custody suits. And when it involves celebrities, I'm even more suspicious, because the accusation can have even greater implications that amongst us ordinary folks. The more you have to lose, the more you might be willing to cover up an accusation, by complying (or buying off) the accuser. So they're more vulnerable to liars, trying to make a buck, or get their way.
So in other words, all rape and abuse victims are probably liars. Never believe anyone who claims to have been victimized. They're just after money I suppose.

Funny how that works -- and that's exactly why this poor girl is suffering. Believe the filthy rich pervert.

Old 02-09-2014, 10:22 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
Some people just never believe EVERY "victim". Because not every "victim" is telling the truth.

And shame on you for commenting, or even caring, about anyone's physical being ... or whether that matters in a relationship. It's ridiculously judgmental. What, you have to be a beautiful young, nubile person in order to be able to find a loving relationship?
I find it interesting that the OP's real motivation for hating Woody Allen is becoming more and more revealed and apparent in her additional posts. All of us hate child abusers. I would personally wish anyone convicted of such a slow agonizing death. The actual topic is so inconclusive, so muddled in family dysfunction, as to be anyones guess. But there is something else going on here with the turn of this topic when reviewing the OPs response - The real motivation is that you have this much old guy (Allen) sleeping with a young woman (Soon-Yi). She's mentioned in at least three posts specifically how disgusting it is for an old man to be involved with a much younger woman. I don't even think this young woman's family relationship (adopted daughter of Mia) is the real issue here, or child abuse since Soon-Yi was an adult.

The accusation of Woody Allen's child molestation is not the real issue with her, it's simply fuel to ignite the real issue above, and the basis for that hatred and the bias makes the accusation, proven or not, real or not - beyond a doubt true for her. What in her history is causing this bias - none of my business and I do not want to know. But there is something there...

Last edited by Dd714; 02-09-2014 at 10:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events