Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2014, 07:01 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,626,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
When someone charges a person with a sexual offense 5, 10 or 20 years later, odds are it's poppycock and should be ignored.
Usually I agree, unless of course the abuser does something to the victim to start crap again.

A co-worker of mine was molested as a younger teen(by a family member), and she admitted it then and tried to get help, but nothing was done about it, and they accused her of lying; and he has recently started harassing her again, by purposely driving by her house (she has a daughter about the same age she was then), weird blocked phone calls at odd hours of the day, when she is out running errands, he somehow shows up, she has found strange "presents" on her porch, etc...

That proves to me he IS guilty, and the local law enforcement as well as the state's atty seem to agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 08:29 PM

2,280 posts, read 4,514,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
You can easily look it up. It is pejorative, but hardly degrading or ugly.
I think of it more like the aging hippie mentality.
By definition, something pejorative IS degrading.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:28 AM

6,413 posts, read 12,142,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy_rox2 View Post
I don't know if he is or isn't. That said, him marrying his adopted daughter is scary and raises a red flag. I don't care what your feelings for someone are, if you raised an adopted child then you do not turn around and approach them in a romantic way. You keep it to yourself, go take a cold shower, get a divorce and go find what you need elsewhere... Woody Allen is part of the human race -- meaning he thinks and knows better ... he's not a wild animal that doesn't know better. Something is amiss...
When will you people get it through your thick heads that Soon-Yi was NOT his adopted daughter. She was Mia's and her second husband, Andre Previn's, adopted daughter. Nor were Woody & Mia ever married. They didn't even live together.

Someone in another thread linked this article, which I found to be very well written, and even-handed. Everyone should read it ... several very interesting things in there I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere.

The Woody Allen Allegations: Not So Fast - The Daily Beast

I particularly found amusing the fact that this tribute, that got her to start sniping nasty tweets .... she signed a release so that a film clip of HER could be a part of it. Unbelievable.

Old 02-11-2014, 04:50 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,228,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's not a medical report. It's a psych report. Big difference. No one (apparently) ever did a med exam in the child. Or if they did examine her for evidence of sexual assault or molestation, we don't have the report.
Mia Farrow took Dylan to pediatricians after she says Dylan told her about the abuse in the attic. A physical exam was done, and according to Mia's testimony in the custody case, no evidence of sexual abuse was found.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:00 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy_rox2 View Post
I don't know if he is or isn't. That said, him marrying his adopted daughter is scary and raises a red flag. I don't care what your feelings for someone are, if you raised an adopted child then you do not turn around and approach them in a romantic way. You keep it to yourself, go take a cold shower, get a divorce and go find what you need elsewhere... Woody Allen is part of the human race -- meaning he thinks and knows better ... he's not a wild animal that doesn't know better. Something is amiss...
Hellooo!! Soon Yi was never ever Woody Allen's adopted daughter.

And they've been happily married now for 16 years. Soon-Yi is now 41 years old... so if Woody Allen were a pedophile, then why would he still be with her? How can a 41 year old woman be visualized as a child by a man? And they've also passed the intense screening process and been able to adopt two children since Mia's nonsensical accusations. Just because there are pedophiles in the world, doesn't mean that all people who are in age gap relationships are pedophiles.

Celine Dion is 26 years younger than her husband Rene and they've been happily married for 18 years. And I'm a 55 year old woman who is in a 23 age gap relationship, we've been together for ten years. I met him when he was 22. A solid long term romantic relationship is much more than just sex, it's also being good companions to one another.

I think that what was appealing to Woody about Soon-Yi was her intelligence, maturity and calm disposition, in sharp contrast to Mia's craziness and all the drama that occurs in celebrity circles.

Anyway, here is Woody Allen's response that was printed in the New York Times paper:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/09/op...?smid=fb-share

Old 02-11-2014, 09:07 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Usually I agree, unless of course the abuser does something to the victim to start crap again.

A co-worker of mine was molested as a younger teen(by a family member), and she admitted it then and tried to get help, but nothing was done about it, and they accused her of lying; and he has recently started harassing her again, by purposely driving by her house (she has a daughter about the same age she was then), weird blocked phone calls at odd hours of the day, when she is out running errands, he somehow shows up, she has found strange "presents" on her porch, etc...

That proves to me he IS guilty, and the local law enforcement as well as the state's atty seem to agree.
What about Mia Farrow being the one to stir the drama pot again and get Dylan going on that made up story? What's more believable to me is that Mia brainwashed and coached her young daughter Dylan into thinking that she was abused by Woody.

And stop comparing your co-worker's experiences with what is happening with the Woody Allen situation. Every single abuse situation is different. Yes, there are sex abusers, but it's also a very common situation for bitter and vindictive ex-spouses to tell lies and attack their exes. Women lie too and make up false accusations of rape.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:48 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,927,723 times
Thumbs up Thanks, EnricoV

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
When will you people get it through your thick heads that Soon-Yi was NOT his adopted daughter. She was Mia's and her second husband, Andre Previn's, adopted daughter. Nor were Woody & Mia ever married. They didn't even live together.

Someone in another thread linked this article, which I found to be very well written, and even-handed. Everyone should read it ... several very interesting things in there I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere.

The Woody Allen Allegations: Not So Fast - The Daily Beast

I particularly found amusing the fact that this tribute, that got her to start sniping nasty tweets .... she signed a release so that a film clip of HER could be a part of it. Unbelievable.
Hi EnricoV - I just read that WHOLE article and yes it was very interesting, well written, and even-handed. EVERYONE should read it but I suspect everyone won't because it is long and for many, their attention span and ability to be open-minded is nonexistent. It is easier for some people to keep their minds closed.

I have to say that when I first opened this thread (when it started) I didn't have an opinion on the subject one way or the other. I consider myself an open-minded person with average intelligence who can comprehend the written word. The more I read the more I leaned on Woody Allen's side.

In your opening sentence above the answer is 'never'. Those people are just too thick headed to let the facts sink it. It is almost impossible to open a closed mind! Sad but true.

Again, thanks for posting this.

Last edited by geebabe; 02-11-2014 at 10:00 AM..

Old 02-11-2014, 09:51 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I read the Woody Allen response to the NYT and I 100% believe his side. Mia is a crazy and spiteful woman.
Of course YOU do. Not surprised at all.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
What about Mia Farrow being the one to stir the drama pot again and get Dylan going on that made up story? What's more believable to me is that Mia brainwashed and coached her young daughter Dylan into thinking that she was abused by Woody.

And stop comparing your co-worker's experiences with what is happening with the Woody Allen situation. Every single abuse situation is different. Yes, there are sex abusers, but it's also a very common situation for bitter and vindictive ex-spouses to tell lies and attack their exes. Women lie too and make up false accusations of rape.
Dylan recounted HER experience with HER sexual abuser.

Its time for the Woody/Soon Yi lovers to acknowledge the fact that their patron saints of inappropriate sexual relations can not silence the TRUE victim...Dylan.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:00 AM

Woody Allen and his adopted daughter. Isn't this how his affair started with Soon Yi? We see you Woody.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events