Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2014, 04:34 PM

2,280 posts, read 4,513,756 times

Advertisements

[quote=LexusNexus;33440025]There was nothing inappropriate about his relationship with Soon-Yi. She wasn't his daughter, and she never considered herself Mia Farrow's daughter either. She was adopted, but never considered herself the daughter of anyone but her biological parents, whoever they are. Allen and Soon-Yi didn't start dating until she was 20, according to her. Nothing inappropriate has ever been proven to have occurred between Soon-Yi and Allen while Soon-Yi was a minor. Mia Farrow and Woody were never married. So Soon-Yi ultimate married Mia Farrow's ex-boyfriend, and they appear quite happy. The relationship has been a thorn in the neck of Mia Farrow, and she will take her vindictive, jealous behavior to the grave. "

See, that's just it: You don't "date" your ex-significant's adopted daughter, particularly when the ex-girlfriend has given birth to your biological child. This is major sicko behavior. It is inappropriate and wrong.

People can fall in love with and marry a number of different "candidates". Woody, disgustingly, chose, of all people, the adopted daughter of his significant other and mother of his child. (We now understand that Ronan is not his child, but he never told us that and let it be believed he was his child.) Woody has a thing for young, very young woman, barely out of adolescence. He shows it in a movie and then he spends 2 years with this 17 to 18 year old woman from NY, and now Soon-Yi. What is the matter with him? He's not healthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Thank you. Far too many people refuse to acknowledge the truth about this disgusting man.

I am particularly turned off by how he pulls those young teenage girls to his body. He's not their biological father, even. My father knew better than to do that by the time I reached prepublescense. It was instinctive. He kept his hands to himself. I didn't need him holding me at the crook of my arm at age 13, 14. For heaven's sake. This is not cool. Slob needs to keep the mitts off them.

Enrico was saying my father was cold (personal and ignorant attack). Fact is, at age 7 I sat in his lap to play a hands game, seeing if I could slap his palms before he moved them away quickly. But by age 9 or 10, forget it, I never would do that or be held close by him. It would have been extremely uncomfortable. Just not done. Thanks, Dad, for being so loving.

Old 02-13-2014, 05:08 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,012,366 times
Let's just say that he loves children in a very special way.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Let's just say that he loves children in a very special way.
Oh, yes, he sure does.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:40 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,885,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne View Post
I am particularly turned off by how he pulls those young teenage girls to his body. He's not their biological father, even. My father knew better than to do that by the time I reached prepublescense. It was instinctive. He kept his hands to himself. I didn't need him holding me at the crook of my arm at age 13, 14. For heaven's sake. This is not cool. Slob needs to keep the mitts off them.

Enrico was saying my father was cold (personal and ignorant attack). Fact is, at age 7 I sat in his lap to play a hands game, seeing if I could slap his palms before he moved them away quickly. But by age 9 or 10, forget it, I never would do that or be held close by him. It would have been extremely uncomfortable. Just not done. Thanks, Dad, for being so loving.
Both daughters were pre-teens I think at the time the picture was taken - one daughter born in 2000, the other in 1999. You are talking about one picture but do not comment on the other two pictures showing nothing more intimate then him holding hands with his daughter (and one picture simply showed him with his arms around his wife, as if that was also innapropriate). Pictures are snapshots (obviously) of a moment in time. Who knows what happened during, before, or after the hug, but it does not appear inappropriate. I do know that on certain events, marriage, graduation, the receipt of good news, me not seeing her for a long time - I and millions of other fathers will hug their daughter regardless of age.

Again, I am trying to be civilized by suggesting your biased perception is causing you to see things in those pictures that are simply not there. I am doing my best to try to hold my tongue on personal attacks on this sub-topic, but I can't blame the other posters for taking you to task for such a skewed perception of the pictures. There is a reason you had at least 5 posters coming back and saying "huh? what in the world do you find offensive?".

Last edited by Dd714; 02-13-2014 at 07:53 PM..

Old 02-13-2014, 08:38 PM

Dd714
"I am doing my best to try to hold my tongue on personal attacks on this sub-topic,"

You shouldn't even have to try. Its always uncalled for.

Re the photo of his hugging the two girls, sorry, I don't like that photo at all and it doesn't seem to be "marriage, graduation, the receipt of good news", just an outing.

Not only that, the girls don't seem to look happy being hugged.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Thank you. Far too many people refuse to acknowledge the truth about this disgusting man.

My husband is very loving and also very respectful of women. I showed him the photos and told him I am not going to tell him what I feel: Asked for his opinion: He said, right off the bat, "The two girls' body language shows that they are not comfortable being pulled close to him like that, with his arms around them." I was interested to hear my husband say that because that is exactly what I felt, but he had no idea.

My father, who was so kind and gentle and very loving, kept a physical distance to his daughters. We gave him a peck on the cheek and he didn't hold our hands after, say, 8 years old! We didn't want it, either!

But that's not the point. I just think he is too physically intimate, too much, in those photos. Period.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:25 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,867,492 times
Oh please... As far as we know, they've purposely picked these pictures because it conveys exactly what they want you to have felt/think just now. Why not show the video of the whole thing which would show better the body language actually being conveyed by these girls? There are way too many photos that catch that nick in time moment that distorts everything and made to appear as something else. The media is known for doing that.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:00 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
http://kristof.blogs.nytimes.com/201...ype=blogs&_r=0

Her telling of the events is too convincing to think she made it all up. I believe the victim.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:14 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,526,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne View Post

Considering that Woody Allen said the following regarding adopted children I am sadly not surprised by his inappropriately "touchy" behavior with Soon Yi 2.0. Then we can also extrapolate that Woody Allen does not see his ADOPTED daughters with Soon Yi as "really sisters" or really daughters...but just a collection of kids.

Brainwashing Woody | Excremental Virtue

An excerpt

I submit that, rather than accept Allen’s own framework for what proves his honesty, we should examine his credibility by looking at his own record.

One last thing about polygraphs: The theory behind polygraph tests is that you get nervous when you’re lying. But if we’ve learned anything from watching this awful case unfold over the past 21 years, it’s that Woody Allen wouldn’t be nervous because he doesn’t believe himself to have done anything wrong — not with Dylan, and (this is where this becomes relevant) not with Soon-Yi Previn. When asked whether he destroyed a family, his response is matter-of-fact. From The Baltimore Sun:

Q: But Soon-Yi is the sister of all those kids.
A: Yes, but it’s not that they’re really sisters.

That’s all right then. Note the narrative Woody tries to propagate here — one far more pernicious than the distortion Dylan’s defenders resort to when they accuse him of incest. (True, he was not Soon-Yi’s legal stepfather.) Woody’s story, which he has doubtless passed on to Soon-Yi, is this was never your real family.

Or this, to Time magazine:

Q. Did you talk to your analyst about how this would affect a child?
A. It wasn’t so complex. It doesn’t have that quality to it that you think.
Q. What about how it would affect her siblings?
A. These people are a collection of kids, they are not blood sisters or anything.

“These people are a collection of kids,” he says. They’re not a family. They’re not related by blood. (One wonders why he bothered to adopt four times, if blood was the precondition to family.) To hear Allen tell it, his three children and Mia’s other children are a “collection” of people that happened to include Soon-Yi. Yes, that group happened to live in a house he visited every day for the better part of 12 years, but who’s to say — he really said this in that same interview — he might not have met Soon-Yi “at a party or something”? Yes, Mr. Allen, it’s true that in another timeline you might have met your wife as an adult at a party, but you didn’t: You met her when she was 9 years old and — this is the important thing — ignored her for a decade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events