Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 08:19 AM

2,280 posts, read 4,513,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
WOW.....hope these people who can tell if someone is guilty just by looking at them don't ever get chosen for jury duty.
You twisted badly what I say. I am not some idiot who would do that. I merely said that I think that they have this funny look but I don't go by that on a jury, for heaven's sake and would be extremely, extremely careful not to do that! GEEZ!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2014, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
The very fact that terrible things continue to happen is proof positive that you can't "spot" anyone's character by their look.

I agree, absolutely.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:23 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,927,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
WOW.....hope these people who can tell if someone is guilty just by looking at them don't ever get chosen for jury duty.

Yes Annie53, I've been thinking the same exact thing. I find it scary, because those kind of people DO get called up for jury duty. We can only hope those people can put aside their prejudices while serving on a jury.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne View Post
You twisted badly what I say. I am not some idiot who would do that. I merely said that I think that they have this funny look but I don't go by that on a jury, for heaven's sake and would be extremely, extremely careful not to do that! GEEZ!!
Assume much?? No, she didn't twist what you said. She was merely giving her opinion, which I agree with.

Last edited by geebabe; 02-17-2014 at 08:42 AM..

Old 02-17-2014, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
Assume much?? No, she didn't twist what you said. She was merely giving her opinion, which I agree with.
Then she wasn't talking about me, was she? Because, if she was, she was twisting what I wrote (and what I wonder if you even read). She must have been talking about some other posters. I think you had better check out what I wrote before you apply her comment to me.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:49 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,501,316 times
O.K. Martha Ann - I agree - I should not be attacking the person - just their opinions - I just get upset when people target me personally and not just my opinions - I believe opinions are like as----es - everyone has one - the sad thing is that whatever I post the molester defenders are never going to change their minds anyway

Old 02-17-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne View Post
Then she wasn't talking about me, was she? Because, if she was, she was twisting what I wrote (and what I wonder if you even read). She must have been talking about some other posters. I think you had better check out what I wrote before you apply her comment to me.
Oh seriously, do you even know what YOU write anymore?? She didn't refer to you by name. I do know how to read, have read ALL the posts, and I believe she was referring to more than one poster.

I'll admit I made a mistake by responding to YOUR post. I had decided a few pages back not to respond to certain posters, you being one of them. Again, my mistake.

IN THE GRAND SCHEME OF THINGS NONE OF WHAT'S BEEN WRITTEN IN THIS THREAD MATTERS!!! It's just a bunch of people giving their opinions about public people they don't know, one of which isn't even on trial for any crime. Have a nice day!!

Last edited by geebabe; 02-17-2014 at 11:01 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 02-17-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
O.K. Martha Ann - I agree - I should not be attacking the person - just their opinions - I just get upset when people target me personally and not just my opinions - I believe opinions are like as----es - everyone has one - the sad thing is that whatever I post the molester defenders are never going to change their minds anyway
Don't go for your vulgar references, either. Why do you choose to do that? You can get more people over to your side by dint of your intelligent arguments. And it's offensive to read - for the rest of us, when you write like that. (You are not the only one.)

Old 02-17-2014, 11:21 AM

[quote=geebabe;33510002]

"I'll admit I made a mistake by responding to YOUR post. "

From what else you wrote, you sure did!

Old 02-17-2014, 01:28 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,302,537 times
The guy is a whopping 37 years older than his current wife. Something is very wrong .

Whether he sexually molested/assaulted Mia's other daughter--well only God, Woody, Dylan, and the attic really knows.

If he did do it, payday will come sooner or later for him. He can't live much longer (at his age), and then the piper will /must be paid!

Last edited by picklejuice; 02-17-2014 at 01:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events