Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2014, 10:41 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:

The real motivation is that you have this much old guy (Allen) sleeping with
a young woman (Soon-Yi).
Perhaps she learned from her mother: Mia Farrow married Frank Sinatra who was 30 years her senior. He divorced her after two years, serving her divorce papers on the set of Rosemary's Baby.
Then she had Andre Previn's baby, 16 years her senior, while he was still married to Dory Previn.

She is quite a piece of work.

Allen's only fault was in hitching himself to this manic-depressive whacko. At least he had the good sense not to marry her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 10:44 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
I believe Dylan Farrow. We know what happened with Soon Yi. So yes, I believe that Woody Allen is a pedo.

Old 02-09-2014, 12:51 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,927,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I find it interesting that the OP's real motivation for hating Woody Allen is becoming more and more revealed and apparent in her additional posts. All of us hate child abusers. I would personally wish anyone convicted of such a slow agonizing death. The actual topic is so inconclusive, so muddled in family dysfunction, as to be anyones guess. But there is something else going on here with the turn of this topic when reviewing the OPs response - The real motivation is that you have this much old guy (Allen) sleeping with a young woman (Soon-Yi). She's mentioned in at least three posts specifically how disgusting it is for an old man to be involved with a much younger woman. I don't even think this young woman's family relationship (adopted daughter of Mia) is the real issue here, or child abuse since Soon-Yi was an adult.

The accusation of Woody Allen's child molestation is not the real issue with her, it's simply fuel to ignite the real issue above, and the basis for that hatred and the bias makes the accusation, proven or not, real or not - beyond a doubt true for her. What in her history is causing this bias - none of my business and I do not want to know. But there is something there...
Good post! I think you're on to something about the OP (Fairfax Mom); and no, I do not want to know either.

Old 02-09-2014, 01:44 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Wow - Labonte 18 - why so happy to defend sexual perverts? What do you think of child molesters?
I think they should all die a painful death because they never change. How about you?
If you're going to edit your post.. Probably better do it before someone quotes it.

Them deserving to die is not up to you.

The reason I am so quick to defend anyone.. It doesn't hold just for sex offenders.. But ANYONE.. I do not judge anyone prior to them being convicted in a court of law. so, I can't stand people like you who jump up and say "Of course he did it.".. What do YOU know? What makes you the omnipotent being? I have no problem with you saying "I believe he did it" or. "I think he did it".. that's absolutely fair. You're entitled to your opinion.

I believe in rule of law. we've actually discussed this in another topic in the "True Crime" forum regarding sex offender registries.. Where I have the problem with them is that, in my belief, they are unconstitutional. Someone who was convicted of indecent exposure, or even rape for that matter.. In the 70's is now required to sign up for a sex offender registry? That is a clear violation, to me, of the double jeopardy clause of the constitution, which is the top law of the land. If someone is convicted of rape, and they say as part of the sentence, you have to go on the registry.. Fair game.

But, you cannot go back 20, 30 years after the fact and impose more punishment on someone who has not committed another crime. You can't even go back 5 minutes and do it. That would be just the same as if the police came knocking on your door and said "Remember that traffic ticket you got in 1982? You paid a $30 fine for it.. Well, we're fining you an additional $200.".. Can't do that.

There are.. Some exceptions.. Obviously, if you shoot someone.. They live.. And during their recovery, a blood clot forms and they die from it.. The charges could be upgraded to Murder.. But.. I'll defend against murderers in situations, too.. There have been a few cases where someone has retroactively been charged with murder when the person dies 30 years down the road.. That's crap as well.

Now.. The courts say both of those are OK. They say that the Sex Offender registry isn't punitive.. Of course it is. Read your Hawthorne on that.

Upgrading charges isn't double jeopardy, they say, because it's a new charge. How can you be charged and convicted of attempted murder and murder for one event on the same person?

Advocating vigilantism.. Where I have the problem with that is.. Someone like you. Someone who 'knows' that someone is guilty. Well.. What happens when you're wrong?

Wrong man attacked in vigilante injustice | 6abc.com | 6abc.com

BBC News | UK | Vigilante attack on innocent man

Vigilantes Out Wrong Guy as Hacker Mastermind

Vigilante gets 6 years for attack on wrong man - Brandon Sun

Again, I have no problem with you BELIEVING that he did it. But I do have a problem with a vigilante attitude and stating your beliefs as fact. Your fact about child sex offender recidivism is way off the mark as well. Because MOST child sex offenses involve members of the family or close family friends, the recidivism rate is actually very low. There's less chance of a sex offender re-offending than most other crimes. The people who say "I look at the list so I can keep my kids safe".. If you're going by the list, you're apt to miss the person in your house(family member, friend, etc) who is actually abusing the kids. You don't tell kids to stay away from people who are on the list, but oh, everyone else is OK. And if you do, you're leaving the door open.

Old 02-09-2014, 01:56 PM

1,963 posts, read 5,621,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I believe Dylan Farrow. We know what happened with Soon Yi. So yes, I believe that Woody Allen is a pedo.
But Soon Yi never said that Woody Allen molested her when she was in high school or younger. In fact isn't she still married to him?? It's not like he tossed her aside once she outgrew her teen looks. Pedos are creatures of habit with a specific age-inappropriate fetish. It's not like they're going to diddle a little girl and just stop forever. That's why there's always a long list of victims.

Old 02-09-2014, 02:08 PM

1,107 posts, read 2,278,570 times
I believe Dylan Farrow. False memories of childhood sexual abuse are not as common as many would like to believe. My heart goes out to her.

Old 02-09-2014, 02:57 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
I do. People usually do not make up stories like that. He also married his adopted daughter - disgusting.
Just FYI, he never adopted Soon Yi - she was Mia's adopted daughter and he never lived under the same roof with her until after they were a couple.

This whole sad family drama is very complicated, twisted and troubling.

I am not convinced he molested anyone.

Old 02-09-2014, 03:54 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,142,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
So in other words, all rape and abuse victims are probably liars. Never believe anyone who claims to have been victimized. They're just after money I suppose.

Funny how that works -- and that's exactly why this poor girl is suffering. Believe the filthy rich pervert.
Involving celebrities, unfortunately, I think a lot of them are.

You apparently missed where I said in situations with a custody/divorce situation. Are you telling me all rape/abuse victims are stemming from that type of a situation.

People, and attitudes, like yours are a good part of why this ploy works. Everyone jumps to the defense of the poor child (as well we should, emotionally) ... and believe the story without question (never a good plan). That's why unscrupulous women/wives (for the most part) have used it far too many times.

Old 02-09-2014, 06:22 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokingGun View Post
But Soon Yi never said that Woody Allen molested her when she was in high school or younger. In fact isn't she still married to him?? It's not like he tossed her aside once she outgrew her teen looks. Pedos are creatures of habit with a specific age-inappropriate fetish. It's not like they're going to diddle a little girl and just stop forever. That's why there's always a long list of victims.
Nope, Woody and Soon Yi just adopted two daughters instead.

Old 02-09-2014, 06:46 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,050,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Nope, Woody and Soon Yi just adopted two daughters instead.
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to extend the accusation, if only by inference, to the two daughters of Soonyi Previn and Woody Allen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events