Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 06:04 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,945,915 times

Advertisements

I had a mishap at a retail store and just used two of my vacation weeks to heal up before coming back. I would have been on light duty but they wanted me to use up my vacation time anyway.

Luckily that guy worked for a decent manager who cut him a little slack. My store manager when I worked for Walmart was all about getting rid of full time employees and replacing them with minimum wage part time people.

PA is a right to work state but the big companies generally don't simply fire on the spot. There is usually an HR process they have to go through first.

Say what you want about Walmart but a lot of the people I see working there couldn't really do anything else. Walmart at least gives people a chance to try to do something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 08:53 AM

19,718 posts, read 16,922,134 times
Putting him in there for 7 hours is cruel and unusual punishment. Have you ever been in a WalMart bathroom ?? Us old people are bathroom experts.

Don

Old 05-30-2014, 09:10 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,480,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Putting him in there for 7 hours is cruel and unusual punishment. Have you ever been in a WalMart bathroom ?? Us old people are bathroom experts.

Don
You are giving the impression he had no choice in the matter and was imprisoned in a commode with the stench of feces and urine for 7 hours when in reality he was assigned bathroom duty instead of being sent home, i also aint buying the story of a Walmart that would let its bathrooms degenerate to such a point as this guy describes.

Old 05-30-2014, 10:10 AM

17,676 posts, read 17,877,254 times
I have a feeling him and his family are exaggerating the story. I live in south Louisiana and regularly shop at Walmart. There is never anyone sitting in a chair in the restrooms. They have janitor employees who regularly patrol the restrooms pushing a cleaning cart. Our local Walmart uses their disabled or injured employees as door greeters. I have a feeling he was asked to regularly check the condition of the restrooms, not sit in them all day long.

Old 05-30-2014, 10:17 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,700,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
The usual FOX embellishments. Employee is recovering from injury and cant lift anything so his boss tells him to go monitor the bathrooms and clean up if possible which sounds a lot more generous than just sending him home with no pay,what did this guy expect? to sit in MacDonalds all day?, as usual FOX twists the story to imply the guy was imprisoned in the bathroom all day and this is normal policy for all of Walmarts 10,000 stores..
Kind of like OP and his false thread title. I wonder if he bothered to read the article.

Old 05-30-2014, 10:23 AM

36,753 posts, read 14,893,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
The usual FOX embellishments. Employee is recovering from injury and cant lift anything so his boss tells him to go monitor the bathrooms and clean up if possible which sounds a lot more generous than just sending him home with no pay,what did this guy expect? to sit in MacDonalds all day?, as usual FOX twists the story to imply the guy was imprisoned in the bathroom all day and this is normal policy for all of Walmarts 10,000 stores..

1) Fox embellishment? It sounds more like the usual anti-Walmart garbaghe which, BTW, can be found on the web at many news outlets. Google is your friend.

2) Typical, how one man's claim suddenly becomes: Walmart now punishing injured employees by making them sit in the bathroom for an entire shift.

*Sigh*

Old 05-30-2014, 10:27 AM

50,482 posts, read 64,364,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Are you kidding??? That'd be a dream day for my moronic coworkers!!!
No kidding. Some people with jobs are morons. It is a shame that they are taking up space from people who care, and who really want to find a job, but can't.

Old 05-30-2014, 12:17 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,480,826 times
I notice the op has nothing to say on the matter after posting the ludicrous topic.

Heres some more crazy topics.
http://list25.com/25-unintentionally...per-headlines/

Old 05-30-2014, 12:25 PM

144 posts, read 264,934 times
What I don't understand is why the guy thinks cleaning toilets is below him. He already works at an even bigger toilet called Wal-Mart

Old 05-30-2014, 12:28 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,604,001 times
Bathroom duty at Wal-Mart....can you think of anything worse other than simply setting foot in a Wal-Mart? Yikes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events