Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 05:03 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,480,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
The OP's link was to AOL's take on a story originally run by KSLA. KSLA is a CBS affiliate, not a Fox affiliate.
From the first sentence in the article.

Quote:
A Walmart employee in Louisiana says he was forced to spend his entire shift -- lasting 7 hours -- inside a store bathroom, Fox43 reports
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 05:33 AM

6,131 posts, read 8,016,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
FOX embellishments? It's an AOL (i.e. Huffington Post) article.
With a Fox News video clip in it.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:09 AM

19,718 posts, read 16,922,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
You are giving the impression he had no choice in the matter and was imprisoned in a commode with the stench of feces and urine for 7 hours when in reality he was assigned bathroom duty instead of being sent home, i also aint buying the story of a Walmart that would let its bathrooms degenerate to such a point as this guy describes.
Uh, my post was tongue in cheek. You must have missed the smiley face.

Don

Old 05-31-2014, 09:03 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,042,432 times
Quote:
The usual FOX embellishments. Employee is recovering from injury and cant lift anything so his boss tells him to go monitor the bathrooms and clean up if possible which sounds a lot more generous than just sending him home with no pay,what did this guy expect? to sit in MacDonalds all day?, as usual FOX twists the story to imply the guy was imprisoned in the bathroom all day and this is normal policy for all of Walmarts 10,000 stores..
Exactly.....and the title itself is wrong as it was employee not employees. maybe OP works for FOX?

Old 06-01-2014, 09:04 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,867,027 times
If I worked for Walmart, I would love to spend my shift in the restroom.

It certainly beats answering stupid questions from idiots looking to buy junk and garbage.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:43 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,802,666 times
Nothing Fox reported was untrue.

Fox didn't claim the man was forced; Fox reported that the man claimed that he was forced.

See the difference?

An when will the OP return to either (1) report additional employees or (2) apologize to us for changing the headline from singular to plural?

Ditto with the singularity in the non-Fox reports:

Walmart worker told to sit in bathroom for shift | KVEO News Center 23 | The Rio Grande Valley's News and Weather

Walmart worker told to sit in bathroom for shift

Walmart employee claims he was told to sit in bathroom for shift | ksn.com | Wichita News and Weather | Wichita, KS

This dude is a pathetic whiner, he even whined about sitting outside in the garden center too:

Quote:
When he returned to work, he was placed on light duty while under a doctor's supervision. Unable to lift heavy boxes, Digilormo had been working in the store's Garden Center, checking receipts and monitoring the entrance.
But on Friday, he was given a new assignment after telling his supervisor that he could not sit out in the sun because of the medication he is currently taking. He says he was sent to spend his next shift in the men's bathroom
I see no medical evidence that his medication requires that he not sit outside in the fresh air and sunshine, nor inside.

He says he wouldn't, not that he couldn't. Significant difference.

He also LIED, because the restrooms in Walmart are in fact air conditioned:

Quote:
In the video, Roger Digilormo explains why he believes he has been assigned to the bathroom, which he says has no air conditioning and smells of feces and urine. "Yesterday, I was sitting outside in the Garden Center, and I wouldn't go outside and sit in the sun, because I'm on a lot of medication. I got hurt here and I'm disabled and they got mad, and so they told me I had to go sit in the bathroom all day. And I tried to tell them there's no air in there. There's no air in here. It smells bad. But they told me, I got sick yesterday and went home and they told me, ‘When you come back tomorrow, you'll be in the bathroom.' That's what the manager told me."
Walmart employee claims bathroom assignment is punishment - NBC12.com - Richmond, VA News

Quote:
Walmart spokeswoman Katie Cody says..all Walmart bathrooms have air conditioning, and that he was provided a chair for his convenience, but that he wasn't told he had to sit in there.

Old 06-02-2014, 12:23 AM

3,016 posts, read 3,922,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
o

An when will the OP return to either (1) report additional employees or (2) apologize to us for changing the headline from singular to plural?
The 'OP' has returned. . . . . .

Sorry, I was busy jumping out of planes and redefining the meaning of the word orgasm over 20 different ways with a brunette with killer curves for the last few days.

I will not be (1) reporting additional employees since I don't shop at Walmart and have not witnessed any other employees sitting in the restroom all day and (2) I never apologize. I'm actually laughing that this thread has almost hit 70 posts since inception.

Later clowns. . . .

Sky-O

Old 06-02-2014, 11:43 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,802,666 times
Why did you title a single incident as if it were plural?

Old 06-03-2014, 07:59 AM

741 posts, read 766,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
I'm actually laughing that this thread has almost hit 70 posts since inception. Later clowns. . . .
Just a garden-variety troll.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:23 AM

21,987 posts, read 25,343,578 times
Quote:
The usual FOX embellishments. Employee is recovering from injury and cant lift anything so his boss tells him to go monitor the bathrooms and clean up if possible which sounds a lot more generous than just sending him home with no pay,what did this guy expect? to sit in MacDonalds all day?, as usual FOX twists the story to imply the guy was imprisoned in the bathroom all day and this is normal policy for all of Walmarts 10,000 stores..
While I sort of agree, that's not really the case. It was an on-the-job injury, so the choice is between light duty and workers' comp benefits. I mean, pretty much anyone who deals with this stuff will tell you that light duty is preferable for both sides. On the other hand, there are some employers that do use it as a method for getting rid of fake workers' comp injuries. One of the hospitals around here is famous for using RNs to fold towels and sheets for eight hours a day. They do it at RN pay since the RN's that are faking injuries can't stand folding towels all day and either quit or recover faster and get back to RN work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events