Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 06:14 PM

6,514 posts, read 7,565,306 times

Advertisements

I had a friend mistakenly leave his registered hand gun in his truck as he drove onto a Texas Department of Corrections unit to visit a relative. His vehicle was searched and the hand gun was found.

He was arrested taken to jail and charged with the violation, the TDC certainly had no problems pressing charges for his mistake. He went to court, was found guilty and was fined, had to be on probation, and take all sorts of classes... all this for an honest mistake. Thankfully, he didn't do any jail time other than the two nights waiting to get bailed out by his wife.

The former US Marine made a mistake and he is paying the consequences. I've said this before, Mexico owes him nothing and he broke their laws. The US owes him for his service and if they wanted to, could use influence to release him.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:01 AM

597 posts, read 1,445,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
He is in no way innocent- he went across the border with weapons- what would we do if someone from Mexico drove across into San Diego with a truck full of weapons? Treat him like royalty?

Actually the Mexican Law Enforcement "accidently" flew over into Texas in a helicopter and were shooting at the US Border Patrol Agents. They said sorry and that was the end of it.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nation...627-story.html

So that should tell you what happens when people come over our borders with guns.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:25 AM

In case any of you care, take a look at the video on this site. You will see how easy it is to cross over.

Video Shows Just How Easy It Was for U.S. Marine Trapped in a Mexican Prison to Accidentally Cross the Border | TheBlaze.com

BTW the required number of signatures for this petition in order to get the white house to address it was reached months ago. It's just the white house has chosen to ignore the petition and not respond.

I am sure most here will not bother to watch the video and will just attack the source.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:33 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,673,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzz View Post
He had already been living in the San Diego area for 2 months prior to this incident. People seem to be suggesting he just rolled into Mexico from Florida. There are statements to the media from his roommate in San Diego.
As someone who lived in Southern CA for many years and some of that in San Diego, I don't ever remember accidently crossing the border. In fact only went to Mexico twice(that was enough) and parked on the American side both times.

It's not possible to accidently cross the border in the San Diego area. Post #79 has a picture illustrating this and the freeway has signs well in advance telling what the last US exit is. You would have to be a complete moron and blind(so you shouldn't be driving) to miss this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveLidoBeach View Post
You are right, this is exactly why this country is in the shape it is. People hear non-sense on MSNBC and then get on these message boards and spew their made up stories.

Last night his roommate in San Diego was on TV and said the reason the guns were in the truck was because the roommate had 2 little kids and they didn't want the guns around the kids. So he left them in the back of his truck with all of his other possessions.

One poster said he wasn't beaten and that was a lie. Meanwhile he was beat so many times in the jaw that his jaw was basically dislocated.

The liberal spin machine is in full swing with this story. They hate the military and hate guns and could care less about this country.

This makes no sense. The roommate knew he had all these weapons and that he(the roommate) had kids. You can't certainly leave them in the truck forever, this is BS.

That's like saying you let someone move in knowing they have cats when you're allergic. If the roommate was concerned about having guns and kids in the house he never would have agreed to let this guy move in to begin with.

That is a total BS excuse.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:54 AM

8,725 posts, read 7,429,051 times
Quote:
In case any of you care, take a look at the video on this site. You will see how easy it is to cross over.

Video Shows Just How Easy It Was for U.S. Marine Trapped in a Mexican Prison to Accidentally Cross the Border | TheBlaze.com

BTW the required number of signatures for this petition in order to get the white house to address it was reached months ago. It's just the white house has chosen to ignore the petition and not respond.

I am sure most here will not bother to watch the video and will just attack the source.
It is very easy to cross into New Jersey also, and someone with a firearm can (and do) get arrested in NJ if they do cross over. For example:

'Honest mistake' leads to Philly mother facing three years on gun charge | Fox News

Virginia Gun Owner Being Unfairly Prosecuted In NJ For Accidentally Bringing A Gun Into The State

Also in Canada:

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/02/06...rompts-outrage

This is just one of many examples. And I guarantee the NJ border is much less noticeable than the US-Mexican border and US-Canadian border.

Old 08-07-2014, 12:11 PM

6,514 posts, read 7,565,306 times
Quote:
Actually the Mexican Law Enforcement "accidently" flew over into Texas in a helicopter and were shooting at the US Border Patrol Agents. They said sorry and that was the end of it.

Mexican law enforcement accused of firing on U.S. border agents - LA Times

So that should tell you what happens when people come over our borders with guns.

...and I am sure if US Border Patrol or customs caught them they would certainly be arrested.

Old 08-07-2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
As someone who lived in Southern CA for many years and some of that in San Diego, I don't ever remember accidently crossing the border. In fact only went to Mexico twice(that was enough) and parked on the American side both times.

It's not possible to accidently cross the border in the San Diego area. Post #79 has a picture illustrating this and the freeway has signs well in advance telling what the last US exit is. You would have to be a complete moron and blind(so you shouldn't be driving) to miss this.

This makes no sense. The roommate knew he had all these weapons and that he(the roommate) had kids. You can't certainly leave them in the truck forever, this is BS.

That's like saying you let someone move in knowing they have cats when you're allergic. If the roommate was concerned about having guns and kids in the house he never would have agreed to let this guy move in to begin with.

That is a total BS excuse.

Quit watching CSI. You are trying to act like you are an investigator reporter on TV. A lawyer would wipe up the floor with your argument.

That is the testimony from the marine friend, the cops, the psychologist who was going to be treating him for PTSD. That's the facts whether you want to accept it or not.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:01 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,673,019 times
Quote:
Quit watching CSI. You are trying to act like you are an investigator reporter on TV. A lawyer would wipe up the floor with your argument.

That is the testimony from the marine friend, the cops, the psychologist who was going to be treating him for PTSD. That's the facts whether you want to accept it or not.
Don't watch CSI. It's called "critical thinking", I know it's a strain when you're from FL, but try it.

It makes NO SENSE that if you have kids and have an issue with guns in the house that you let this marine become your roommate in the first place. You wouldn't say "oh just leave then in your trunk", and no responsible gun owner would do that either.

The guns in the trunk due to kids in the house was a BS story.

You can't seem to accept the fact this guy was up to no good. Just because he is marine doesn't give him a pass, and again you just don't accidently cross the border.

This isn't like accidently driving from NY into CT.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:01 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,046,522 times
Quote:

I watched the first half of it, despite the fact that it's clearly nothing but right-wing propaganda with an agenda to drum up support for this gunrunner. Thats is as much of it, as I could stomach. What I saw of it, shows a big propaganda FAIL. The video proves that even if you miss the last US exit and all the warning signs stretched out for the last 10 miles before the border, and you continue to drive your vehicle loaded with semiautomatic firearms in the far right lane, you can still make a U-Turn at the boarder. Obviously the mentally ill marine didn't try very hard.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:02 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,516,738 times
im sorry i dont agree. all weapons were fully loaded when he crossed. why?
not standard procedure for military or civilian.
i say he was up to no good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events