Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 10:53 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,586,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
One more time - at 6'2" and 300 pounds, he WAS the weapon. He'd already attacked the officer.

I haven't watched the video. Is it the actual footage of him putting his hands up, or just 2 people talking about him putting his hands up. Yea, that's credible.
That's why when I hear "unarmed teen" I think yeah, but what about his body pushing people around.. your body can be a weapon if used in the right way.

Old 09-11-2014, 11:51 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,140,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Did Al Sharpton pay them?
I'm pretty sure he did, it's the precursor to winning the ghetto lotto.

Old 09-11-2014, 12:12 PM

1,478 posts, read 2,412,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
Well, can't forget MB also pummeled Wilson and broke his damn face. According to some reports Wilson was on the verge of unconsciousness. He probably thought MB was coming back for more in his injured-daze. I still commend Wilson's actions and am thankful he took another ugly thug out of the world.
Except what you posted has in portions been completely discredited and in other areas has proved to be grossly exaggerated. I'm not saying he was or was not justified in shooting Brown. Hopefully we'll find that out in a independent and transparent judicial process

It's pretty disgusting that someone who clearly has a loose grasp on the few facts that have been established would commend an officer for killing a human being. As disgusting as those who would threaten the officer given what has been established to date.

Old 09-11-2014, 12:25 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,744,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago76 View Post
Hopefully we'll find that out in a independent and transparent judicial process
That ship has sailed. Officer Darren Wilson is being lynched via thoroughly modern means and his name is mud. He's in hiding and his name is ruined and his life will never be the same. All because he shot a thug and a felon who was trying to KILL him.

I find the whole thing reprehensible and any talk of a 'transparent judicial process' is ridiculous at this point. How on earth can anyone make this right for Officer Wilson?

No other event in modern times has so clearly demonstrated that we have crossed the rubicon in this country. America has lost its moral compass. A young cop with a clean record kills a thug, and the politicans, government officials and the mass media rush in to crucify the cop and idealize the thug.

As I said: Reprehensible.

Old 09-11-2014, 12:27 PM

939 posts, read 795,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
They did not see what happened at the car.

Brown should have dropped to the ground.

Brown could have had his hands up....to go for Wilson's throat.
Wilson was wrong- yuo must be like the jury in Simi Valley- just don't want to believe that police officers would do such a thing. The average police officer is of no better chjracter than anyone else- plenty of them are just plain bad.

Last edited by kool hand luke; 09-11-2014 at 12:50 PM..

Old 09-11-2014, 12:28 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,397,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post
Hey Skippy, I think you need to re-visit some of the test questions in your law books.

Police recruits are taught to not let a subject get closer than 25 feet because it takes that long for the cop to draw his weapon. Office Wilson was operating within the framework of the law when he drew his weapon on M. Brown.
This is so utterly laughable it's hilarious.
So standard procedure is to kill anyone who comes within 25 feet in an aggressive manner? LMAO So that means get within 25 feet and cop draws gun and empties his clip? Even with no weapon? No wrestling suspect to ground or using a baton or a stun gun? Automatically just start firing? That's standard procedure? Are you an leo?

If you're that much of a wuss that you can't let anyone get within 25 feet of you that you have to empty your clip into them then you need to take up a new job. There's a 1000 applicants for every open officer position. Plenty of people to take their place.

Oh here's a lovely video of an officer nearly beating to death a senior citizen because he didn't listen to his commands. The guy was suffering from dementia/alzhemiers and probably didn't even know where he was
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoC4DXuSsSI
How about some common sense rather than being a psychopathic violent person?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post
The narrative that the public is being force-fed by a crazy media doesn't fit the true facts. Why would Mr. Wonderful punch out the police officer's lights and then surrender?
Ummm because the officer pulled out his gun and started firing at him. lol That's where the pause took place. Then he put his hands up and then officer finished him off according to numerous witnesses

Old 09-11-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
Well, can't forget MB also pummeled Wilson and broke his damn face. According to some reports Wilson was on the verge of unconsciousness. He probably thought MB was coming back for more in his injured-daze. I still commend Wilson's actions and am thankful he took another ugly thug out of the world.
Bet you're an old softie at heart!!

Old 09-11-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
That's really reaching and you know it.

The cop looks guilty of murder at this point. Multiple witnesses with now 2 WHITE contractors saying he had his hands in the air before the second round of gun fire was unleashed on him. Is Mike Brown really going to bum rush a cop from 35 feet away while UNARMED after being shot at? Unless he was on pcp, that's not likely to happen. Lets get real. 11 shots fired with a pause in between at an unarmed man. Sounds like a total psycho cop. They do exist. I think the unfortunate race baiting has people like you not seeing this clearly at this point. It's not about race. It's about a sociopath with a gun and badge. Well it will be up to a jury now. They will get ALL the facts and come to a fair conclusion.
I hope you are right. It's about a cop killing a person- white or black doesn't matter. Unfortunately, juries (see Simi Valley) want to believe "police are good", so they give them a HUGE benefit of the doubt.

Old 09-11-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Exactly. After reading everything that I have, about this kid, my bets are on him being the aggressor.
If he were white, would you be so quick to think bad of him? I have no use for the multitude of inner-city black thugs, but you don't know this guy! He shoplifted- he wasn't a serial killer.

Old 09-11-2014, 12:37 PM

Despite HUGE EVIDENCE to the contrary, many Americans choose to remain ignorant and believe being a policeman makes someone a good guy- WAKE UP!! Yes, there are plenty of good cops, There are also plenty of "legal bullies" who should not be in a position of authority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.