Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2014, 06:01 AM

939 posts, read 796,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I don't put much stock in eye witness accounts. Especially ones that have an agenda or bias.

I go for the facts. And voices on a video are not facts of what actually happened.
I doubt we will ever get "the facts" in this case. I cannot see why these two guys would have an agenda in this instance? I certainly do not trust the police to give us the "facts". This isn't Joe Friday here- these are real cops who also have an "agenda". In today's world NOBODY should be gullable enough to really believe that cops and law enforcement don't cover for each other AT ALL COSTS.

Old 09-12-2014, 06:38 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,293,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
What is the law in MO on releasing evidence????
Funny they thought it was okay to release the incident report on the convenience store robbery, as well as the (unrequested) video, but not the incident report on the shooting? Why do you think that is?

Quote:
Critics and news media outlets have questioned why Ferguson police released an incident report from a robbery in which Brown was a suspect, as well as security video showing the robbery, but not the report on the shooting of the unarmed 18-year-old a short time later by Officer Darren Wilson.

The reason, according to the office of St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Robert P. McCulloch, is that it doesn’t exist.

Source

Oh, so it's because the cop didn't do a significant part of his job. He didn't write up the incident.

Old 09-12-2014, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
No I am not saying that at all. As a matter of fact since the officer is the only one standing he is the only one who knows what happened.

That is a safe bet.
I wish I could believe in policeman telling the truth, but I do not. They (like all humans) lie to cover up, and since they are in positions of authority- that makes them more dangerous. Unfortunately, we have seen way too many instances of law enforcement cover ups over the years. Society would like to believe that police are more likely to tell the truth than an inner city young black man, but I'm not sure I believe that anymore.

Old 09-12-2014, 06:41 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,372,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
I wish I could believe in policeman telling the truth, but I do not. They (like all humans) lie to cover up, and since they are in positions of authority- that makes them more dangerous. Unfortunately, we have seen way too many instances of law enforcement cover ups over the years. Society would like to believe that police are more likely to tell the truth than an inner city young black man, but I'm not sure I believe that anymore.
You appear to have missed a question I asked you.

What is the law in MO for releasing information of an ongoing investigation???

Old 09-12-2014, 06:43 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,372,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Funny they thought it was okay to release the incident report on the convenience store robbery, as well as the (unrequested) video, but not the incident report on the shooting? Why do you think that is?

Source

Oh, so it's because the cop didn't do a significant part of his job. He didn't write up the incident.
The investigation of the crime at the party store had been closed.

That is the difference.

Old 09-12-2014, 06:44 AM

2,601 posts, read 3,402,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post

Twenty years ago, Officer Wilson would have received a medal for dealing with a felon in a most expeditious manner.

If the parents of these young men want them to make it to adulthood, why not teach them to STOP robbing stores and STOP committing felonies. Maybe even teach them to START respecting police officers and respecting authority. Teach them to excel in school, and get a J. O. B.

I for one, do not want to make the job of "police officer" so wretched that we become a lawless society.

Police officers are what keep civilization CIVILIZED, and perhaps it's time to "civilize" this element of society that wants only to rob, plunder and steal.

Speaking as a victim of crime, I'm pretty well fed up with it, and I'd imagine many others feel the same.

As I said, 20 years ago, Officer Darren Wilson would hav been hailed as a hero.

Now he's the victim of a modern-day lynching, via the main-stream media and social networking.
I really hate this shoot first ask questions later very violent gun culture here in the U.S. Police officers are agents of the government. Get real. You want to give judge dredd power to cops. Wow....Unbelievable. You have to ask the question....who are the savages. Aren't the police supposed to be the good guys? See this post above shows the real agenda/bias of SOME people who think the officer was ok with what he did.

The United kingdom cops aren't even armed and we have 5 times the murder rate they do. So clearly the solution is not hailing cops who kill unarmed civilians as heroes as you want to do.
Oh and Australia has completely banned guns

London murder rate: 2 per 100k
Detroit murder rate 48 per 100k
St Lous 35 per 100k
Sydney Australia, 1 per 100k

Old 09-12-2014, 06:55 AM

I'm sure you already know that I'm no expert on the law. Laws protect those working in the system, and I'm sure they will use them to the fullest degree possible to that purpose. Basically, people that work in the Criminal Justice System have a creed "NEVER- EVER take responsibility when you do others wrong".

Old 09-12-2014, 06:58 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,748,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
I really hate this shoot first ask questions later.
I know, I know...

There are many here that would rather just have the policemen die rather than kill a precious little snowflake like Michael Brown.

As to taking away our guns, you might want to read, "Unintended Consequences."

Powerful book that explains what happens when you disarm a people.

Old 09-12-2014, 07:00 AM

2,601 posts, read 3,402,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post
I know, I know...

There are many here that would rather just have the policemen die rather than kill a precious little snowflake like Michael Brown.

As to taking away our guns, you might want to read, "Unintended Consequences."

Powerful book that explains what happens when you disarm a people.
Yeah vs. giving government agents the right to kill unarmed citizens I'm sure there'd be no abuse there.

Old 09-12-2014, 07:01 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,748,300 times
As to why "The Other Side" has remained quiet, there's a good reason.

Officer Darren Wilson is facing potential criminal and civil prosecution. The Ferguson Police Department is facing potential civil and federal prosecution.

It is not in his their interests to go blabbing away to the media. Undoubtedly, everyone has found legal counsel, and it's likely that the lawyers are telling these potential defendants to lay low and remain silent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events