Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2014, 07:32 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,279,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
So mike brown runs away for a few feet, cop shoots and misses, then brown turns around with his hands in the air and the bullets hit him. That matches the physical evidence. 11 shots at least fired, 6 rounds hit. Remember the witnesses don't know which bullets are hitting and which ones are missing. So they can say the officer was firing when his back was turned, but that doesn't mean those bullets hit their mark.
They can SAY anything. It doesn't make it true. There is no physical evidence showing that the officer shot him from behind.

Old 09-11-2014, 07:54 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,402,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
They can SAY anything. It doesn't make it true. There is no physical evidence showing that the officer shot him from behind.
No that's not true. There's no evidence showing he HIT mike brown from behind. He could have easily shot and missed him when he had his back turned. All autopsy shows is 6 bullets hitting his front side from over 30 feet away and he was unarmed and numerous witnesses said his hands were up when second rounds of shots came. Listen to the audio. Coward police officer murdered him in cold blood, but you have all this bias because mike brown is a not an upstanding citizen. The notion that some in the media was trying to portray him as a innocent child was/is absurd. He's a low level criminal stealing cigars and pushing a clerk. A few months in the slammer is what he deserved. That gives NO RIGHT for that officer to execute him like a dog in the street. Officer needs to be charged with murder.

Old 09-11-2014, 08:01 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,663,894 times
Quote:
No that's not true. There's no evidence showing he HIT mike brown from behind. He could have easily shot and missed him when he had his back turned. All autopsy shows is 6 bullets hitting his front side from over 30 feet away and he was unarmed and numerous witnesses said his hands were up when second rounds of shots came. Listen to the audio. Coward police officer murdered him in cold blood, but you have all this bias because mike brown is a not an upstanding citizen. The notion that some in the media was trying to portray him as a innocent child was/is absurd. He's a low level criminal stealing cigars and pushing a clerk. A few months in the slammer is what he deserved. That gives NO RIGHT for that officer to execute him like a dog in the street. Officer needs to be charged with murder.
OMG...on this topic I actually agree with you...I think I have to turn in my woman card now...

Old 09-11-2014, 08:22 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,279,155 times
Quote:
And all assumptions you are making are just that - assumptions. There is no factual evidence to support any of it.

I happen to think Michael Brown was a thug who robbed a store, assaulted the store owner, then walked in traffic, and when told by a policeman to get out of the street, became aggressive toward the officer. He went for the officer's gun, he assaulted the officer, taunted the officer, then he took off but then came back toward the officer, charging him. The officer shot him because he was a threat and had already assaulted him and had gone for his gun. Michael Brown was a thug who got what he deserved. And the evidence supports all of that.

Old 09-11-2014, 08:23 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,402,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
OMG...on this topic I actually agree with you...I think I have to turn in my woman card now...
lol

Old 09-12-2014, 12:14 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,135,152 times
Here's what I think probably happened based on what we've all read / heard.

Mike and his friend were walking in the street. The cop rolled up and told them to get on the sidewalk. Brown probably mouthed off to him at that point. The cop goes to open his car door and the door ricochets off Brown hitting the cop and pissing the officer off. ( I believe this part because it's a weird little detail that the guy who was with Brown said happened, and it's not the kind of thing you make up- no point in it)

The cop, now very angry, grabs Brown and attempts to put him in the car. Brown resists and they grapple. The weapon is discharged. ( I have no real theory as to why that happened, but it is not in dispute )

Adrenaline is flowing. Brown runs and the officer follows and fires a shot at him, probably nicking him on the arm (the autopsy showed that one bullet could have been fired from behind but impossible to tell, because it just grazed him.) I think that's probably the first shot the "new" witnesses heard.

Brown realizes he's in deep doo-doo, stops and turns around, now facing the officer, putting his hands up. The officer, jacked on adrenaline, perceives Brown to be "coming at him" and unloads his weapon into Brown.

Remember the witness who said "he doubled back, and he was like this"? I think if we saw the guy who was talking, the "like this" was probably with his hands up.

I don't really believe that the cop executed him in cold blood. I think this was a screw-up, but not necessarily murder. When there is a situation that could be incompetence or could be a conspiracy, I'm betting on incompetence pretty much every time.

Old 09-12-2014, 05:00 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,748,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
And all assumptions you are making are just that - assumptions. There is no factual evidence to support any of it.

I happen to think Michael Brown was a thug who robbed a store, assaulted the store owner, then walked in traffic, and when told by a policeman to get out of the street, became aggressive toward the officer. He went for the officer's gun, he assaulted the officer, taunted the officer, then he took off but then came back toward the officer, charging him. The officer shot him because he was a threat and had already assaulted him and had gone for his gun. Michael Brown was a thug who got what he deserved. And the evidence supports all of that.
I don't know when it became de rigueur to crucify cops before any real evidence was made known to the general public. And the testimony of eyewitnesses with an agenda isn't "real" evidence. Look at the conflicting information being presented! Someone (a lot of someones) are lying.

Twenty years ago, Officer Wilson would have received a medal for dealing with a felon in a most expeditious manner.

If the parents of these young men want them to make it to adulthood, why not teach them to STOP robbing stores and STOP committing felonies. Maybe even teach them to START respecting police officers and respecting authority. Teach them to excel in school, and get a J. O. B.

I for one, do not want to make the job of "police officer" so wretched that we become a lawless society.

Police officers are what keep civilization CIVILIZED, and perhaps it's time to "civilize" this element of society that wants only to rob, plunder and steal.

Speaking as a victim of crime, I'm pretty well fed up with it, and I'd imagine many others feel the same.

As I said, 20 years ago, Officer Darren Wilson would hav been hailed as a hero.

Now he's the victim of a modern-day lynching, via the main-stream media and social networking.

Old 09-12-2014, 05:46 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,370,040 times
Quote:
Nope, simple assault(with a fist, no weapon) on an officer should not result in getting shot. It should result in a beat down just to get the person under control and handcuffed. It's why I've always been against females on the job. They're too weak to win a physical altercation so they have to go for their gun way earlier than a man would ever have to. They have a baton, a radio to call for backup, and stun gun. Honestly, try getting hired on at a department and see how hard it is due to all the competition. Especially if you don't a 4 year degree. It's not a blue collar job anymore. A night shift store clerk is 10 times more likely to be killed on the job than a police officer! Police officer is a cake job and is a solid middle class income with benefits and a pension. Your average person can't do much better than that. There's no sacrifice here the way people think there is. It's just nonsense on the tv. The people who do this job LOVE the excitement/action. An in decent suburban area's many times there has never been a police officer killed EVER in the history of the department.
If Brown did try to get Wilson's gun......there WAS a weapon in the mix.

Old 09-12-2014, 05:58 AM

939 posts, read 796,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Until the police actually say what happened (and why have they still not told us what that was?) we don't even know what was supposed to have happened according to the cop. Doesn't anyone find it odd that the police have not given the cop's version yet? All that does is fuel suspicion.
There is a good reason that they have not given his version- it's called damage control. They hope if they drag their feet long enough, things will die down. If this were a justified shooting, CERTAINLY they would have already made a statement to that extent. They are trying to "save face", and figure the best way to "spin" this to the media and the public.

Old 09-12-2014, 05:59 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,370,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
There is a good reason that they have not given his version- it's called damage control. They hope if they drag their feet long enough, things will die down. If this were a justified shooting, CERTAINLY they would have already made a statement to that extent. They are trying to "save face", and figure the best way to "spin" this to the media and the public.
What is the law in MO on releasing evidence????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events