Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2014, 12:00 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,378,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
Criminals willing to shoot it out with cops? Absolutely more cops than criminals willing to shoot it out with the police. Also, police are way more ogranized. These gangs don't have radios that they call and 50 others show up in squad cars ready to light up there enemy. Come on now. No comparison.
Ok....if there is that is interesting.....there are no cops where I live.

Old 09-12-2014, 12:01 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,568,859 times
Quote:
Criminals willing to shoot it out with cops? Absolutely more cops than criminals willing to shoot it out with the police. Also, police are way more ogranized. These gangs don't have radios that they call and 50 others show up in squad cars ready to light up there enemy. Come on now. No comparison.
Criminals were never known to be smart. That is why they are criminals. To minimize the risk cops put themselves in is nothing short of ignorant. Do you want gangs with radios and more ammo to even the fight?

Old 09-12-2014, 12:02 PM

716 posts, read 1,239,484 times
Who cares? Just like Trayvon and Jordan Davis I don't care about this either. All were victims of 1 on 1 killings so why should their deaths matter than anyone else? I understand that black lives mean so much more than any other race's lives but come on. I also understand that the Michael Brown death means a lot more than trayvon and jordan davis SHOULD cus there was a cop involved but enough already.

Old 09-12-2014, 12:08 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,378,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Criminals were never known to be smart. That is why they are criminals. To minimize the risk cops put themselves in is nothing short of ignorant. Do you want gangs with radios and more ammo to even the fight?
Why would have need radios???

They have cell phones.

Old 09-12-2014, 12:10 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,403,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Why would have need radios???

They have cell phones.
So they get into a war zone like shooting taking territory like ISIS now? This is laughable.

Old 09-12-2014, 12:11 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,403,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Of course not. Just saying they don't have tactical advantage or outgunning the cops. That was my only point.

Old 09-12-2014, 12:16 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,393,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers10 View Post
Looks as if witness accounts of Michael Brown being murdered rather than the officer acting in self-defense are being corroborated:

New Michael Brown shooting witnesses describe scene - CNN.com

If it matters to the apologists, the two contractors were not from Ferguson and have no compelling personal interest in Michael Brown. Accordingly, they are both white.
That is a very troubling video, I agree.

Old 09-12-2014, 12:48 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,666,354 times
Quote:
I'm not sure I'd call unloading your clip into an unarmed man with his hands in the air as a "mistake"
A mistake is someone reaches for something in a dark alley after pulling a robbery and you shoot him thinking it's a gun.
-------
If someone punched you in the face and then you pulled out a gun and unloaded your clip into him when he was 35 feet away with his hands in the air, would YOU(joe citizen) be facing jail time? Why we are giving this amount of lee way is beyond me. "Losing your cool/getting angry" = an absurd excuse for murder. If you're that much of a loose cannon get a desk job.
Oh this cop was/is unfit to be a cop no doubt...my point is only that to comply with a cops request is the better route to take...because joe citizen has no way of telling what type of cop he/she is dealing with...

Old 09-12-2014, 03:04 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,310,967 times
So many eye witness accounts many difer from each other, it Doesn't change the out come.

Old 09-12-2014, 03:25 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,290,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
The investigation of the crime at the party store had been closed.

That is the difference.
That is absurd. The video was released to taint public opinion of Brown, not because "the investigation at the store was over." Their video is of a homicide victim--no way that investigation is over. If that "robbery" at the store was not part of the investigation, when will the cops tell us why Brown was targeted by Wilson?

Something smells really wrong here. There have been no photos of Wilson after being "punched" by Brown, no reason whatsoever given as to why Brown was stopped or why he was shot 6 times. I saw a clueless governor give a press conference and do an incompetent job of answering questions. I think the cops are terrified of more protests and violent protests if they tell the truth, which is really pointing to the conclusion that the cop screwed up, and a kid is dead because of it. You can claim he is a "thug" and post all the excuses you want for the cops. They don't call it the Blue Wall of Silence for nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events