Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2014, 09:29 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I KNOW!!!
I have said that to everyone!
He had his hands UP!!!

Omg, this is so so so awful....
IMO.....it is not even unusual......cops kill everyday.

If a cops tells you to stop......do it.....in fact stop and drop is the safest thing to do.

Was the cop wrong???

Maybe......but, LIVE to tell your side of the story.

The police in some areas are in a war zone.......they are out number and out gunned.

They will make mistakes......live to tell your side.

Old 09-12-2014, 09:58 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,660,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
IMO.....it is not even unusual......cops kill everyday.

If a cops tells you to stop......do it.....in fact stop and drop is the safest thing to do.

Was the cop wrong???

Maybe......but, LIVE to tell your side of the story.

The police in some areas are in a war zone.......they are out number and out gunned.

They will make mistakes......live to tell your side.
This is great advice...a cop can lose their cool too and they are armed and trained to shoot to kill...I think this was what happened here...to some extent the victim resisted and the cop was angry and maybe injured and he overreacted...and used deadly force when it clearly didn't call for it...but cops are human and are capable of making mistakes like everyone else...but they should be held to a higher standard then the ordinary citizen...

Old 09-12-2014, 10:43 AM

2,601 posts, read 3,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
This is great advice...a cop can lose their cool too and they are armed and trained to shoot to kill...I think this was what happened here...to some extent the victim resisted and the cop was angry and maybe injured and he overreacted...and used deadly force when it clearly didn't call for it...but cops are human and are capable of making mistakes like everyone else...but they should be held to a higher standard then the ordinary citizen...
I'm not sure I'd call unloading your clip into an unarmed man with his hands in the air as a "mistake"
A mistake is someone reaches for something in a dark alley after pulling a robbery and you shoot him thinking it's a gun.
-------
If someone punched you in the face and then you pulled out a gun and unloaded your clip into him when he was 35 feet away with his hands in the air, would YOU(joe citizen) be facing jail time? Why we are giving this amount of lee way is beyond me. "Losing your cool/getting angry" = an absurd excuse for murder. If you're that much of a loose cannon get a desk job.

Old 09-12-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:

The police ....they are out number and out gunned.

No they're not. They do just fine. Ever see their military equipment? They use overwhelming force and absolutely have the upper hand in the neighborhoods they patrol. They have a ton of backup, training ect. I would not call them outgunned at all. This is not Mogadishu or liberia. The biggest number of people at risk in these war zone like neighborhoods in the U.S. are the residents that live there. Not the cops that come there to do their "tour of duty". They enjoy the action anyway. They could easily apply to another department once they have experience.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:00 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,144,346 times

Mike Brown Witness Audio - 'He Came Back Towards Police' - YouTube

This is the only video that seems to back Darren Wilson story, as this dude in the back ground says M Brown was on the cop car and ran and then turned back towards him even as he was being shot at. This dude clearly saw what happened, but is probably staying quite for his own safety.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
No they're not. They do just fine. Ever see their military equipment? They use overwhelming force and absolutely have the upper hand in the neighborhoods they patrol. They have a ton of backup, training ect. I would not call them outgunned at all. This is not Mogadishu or liberia. The biggest number of people at risk in these war zone like neighborhoods in the U.S. are the residents that live there. Not the cops that come there to do their "tour of duty". They enjoy the action anyway. They could easily apply to another department once they have experience.
They why is there any crime???

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/USA-Upd...utgunned-video

Old 09-12-2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Didn't the NRA fight tooth and nail against an assault weapons ban? lol I still wouldn't say the police are outgunned and outnumbered. That would mean the police are running scared like in Mexico. I haven't seen that yet in the majority of the country yet. Dangerous horrible neighborhoods? Absolutely. They have a swat team and the officers can now carry assault rifles. Also, ferguson is not a war zone compared to camden nj for example. //www.city-data.com/crime/crime...-Missouri.html

Old 09-12-2014, 11:29 AM

Mike Brown shooting witness Michael Brady interviewed by Anderson Cooper Aug 20 2014 - YouTube

This man saw something happen at the car.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
Didn't the NRA fight tooth and nail against an assault weapons ban? lol I still wouldn't say the police are outgunned and outnumbered. That would mean the police are running scared like in Mexico. I haven't seen that yet in the majority of the country yet. Dangerous horrible neighborhoods? Absolutely. They have a swat team and the officers can now carry assault rifles.
So you think there are more cops than criminals......interesting.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
So you think there are more cops than criminals......interesting.
Criminals willing to shoot it out with cops? Absolutely more cops than criminals willing to shoot it out with the police. Also, police are way more ogranized. These gangs don't have radios that they call and 50 others show up in squad cars ready to light up there enemy. Come on now. No comparison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events