Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2014, 05:16 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,402,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post

If you punched a cop in the face, sure you'd expect get shot or seriously hurt. Maybe shot once, but not 6 times !!!
I.
Nope, simple assault(with a fist, no weapon) on an officer should not result in getting shot. It should result in a beat down just to get the person under control and handcuffed. It's why I've always been against females on the job. They're too weak to win a physical altercation so they have to go for their gun way earlier than a man would ever have to. They have a baton, a radio to call for backup, and stun gun. Honestly, try getting hired on at a department and see how hard it is due to all the competition. Especially if you don't a 4 year degree. It's not a blue collar job anymore. A night shift store clerk is 10 times more likely to be killed on the job than a police officer! Police officer is a cake job and is a solid middle class income with benefits and a pension. Your average person can't do much better than that. There's no sacrifice here the way people think there is. It's just nonsense on the tv. The people who do this job LOVE the excitement/action. An in decent suburban area's many times there has never been a police officer killed EVER in the history of the department.

Old 09-11-2014, 05:33 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,762,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
Are you saying that the officer here may be unreliable as well? What's good for the goose.....
No I am not saying that at all. As a matter of fact since the officer is the only one standing he is the only one who knows what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
You are forgetting one other detail that we all know (whether we were there or not). That being that Officer Wilson killed M Brown- we can all agree on that, can't we?
That is a safe bet.

Old 09-11-2014, 05:34 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,795,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Fount it transcribed here:

[VIDEO] Ferguson Eye-Witness: Brown doubled-back toward police after running away | WayneDupree.com

#1 How’d he get from there to there?

#2 Because he ran, the police was still in the truck – cause he was like over the truck
{crosstalk}

#2 But him and the police was both in the truck, then he ran – the police got out and ran after him
{crosstalk}

#2 Then the next thing I know he doubled back toward him cus – the police had his gun drawn already on him –

#1. Oh, the police got his gun

#2 The police kept dumpin on him, and I’m thinking the police kept missing – he like – be like – but he kept coming toward him
{crosstalk}

#2 Police fired shots – the next thing I know – the police was missing

#1 The Police?

#2 The Police shot him

#1 Police?

#2 The next thing I know … I’m thinking … the dude started running … (garbled something about “he took it from him”)
The bold part. "He" he who? I'm surprised you think that is a slam dunk case closed for the cop's favor. Most time the speaking patterns and ebonics of inner city blacks get made fun of and derided, but here - it is treated as gold bond. Is that all the time, or when it suits your belief?

I can't be sure because there's one too many "he's" in there. I think you could be right, but "he" could mean the cop was advancing while shooting.

Old 09-11-2014, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
Nope, simple assault(with a fist, no weapon) on an officer should not result in getting shot. It should result in a beat down just to get the person under control and handcuffed. It's why I've always been against females on the job. They're too weak to win a physical altercation so they have to go for their gun way earlier than a man would ever have to. They have a baton, a radio to call for backup, and stun gun. Honestly, try getting hired on at a department and see how hard it is due to all the competition. Especially if you don't a 4 year degree. It's not a blue collar job anymore. A night shift store clerk is 10 times more likely to be killed on the job than a police officer! Police officer is a cake job and is a solid middle class income with benefits and a pension. Your average person can't do much better than that. There's no sacrifice here the way people think there is. It's just nonsense on the tv. The people who do this job LOVE the excitement/action. An in decent suburban area's many times there has never been a police officer killed EVER in the history of the department.
I hear ya, but the job you are describing would be like joining the Mountain Brook PD down here. It would not describe joining the Birmingham Police at probably around 26K a year and working the West precinct.

Old 09-11-2014, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
If you punched a cop in the face, sure you'd expect get shot or seriously hurt. Maybe shot once, but not 6 times !!!
I get it. It is tough to lock up a good cop who got pushed over his limit by a bad dude. It could've been an unarmed hells angel biker too. Either way, you put your hands up, you just can't shoot if you are LAW ENFORCEMENT... you uphold the law and serve the public and you are trained to act accordingly in these stressful situations. 6 shots nto his body, 11 shots total shows he was out of control.

IF the cop is not in imminent danger (and he wasn't, no weapon whatsoever just a big dude pissing him off), you cannot shoot and execute someone. Why not just let him behead the guy like ISIS. It's the same difference since he was it his mercy and gave up from accounts by the older eyewitnesses, not the unreliable teens.
YOU are essentially defending a cop who went rogue because he was disrespected and embarrassed by some punk. It is inexcusable and he should be fired no matter what. Why? Because if he can do this to a kid in broad daylight, imagine what else he will do on patrol at night.
I agree. They could've gone old school and just taken him down to the river to "do some paperwork" before booking him. He could've gotten two of his buds to hold MB while he got a few revenge shots in (as in punches, bad pun - my mistake). I too think he got slapped, sucker punched or cussed by a punk ass bully and unloaded a clip on him in retaliation. Now they are trying their best to cover for him.

Old 09-11-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I hear ya, but the job you are describing would be like joining the Mountain Brook PD down here. It would not describe joining the Birmingham Police at probably around 26K a year and working the West precinct.
Recruit salary is 36k/ year to start. 39kyear if you have a 4 year degree. They also get OT pay, which most office employees/retail managment who are salaried don't get. Full pension after 20 years.. Not sure how a 4 year degree has anything to do with the job or most jobs that require a degree for that matter(just an extention of hs). At least they're willing to hire people with no more than a H.S. diploma. Compare that to they pay at mcdonalds or walmart, which contrary to what many say are jobs that people get stuck in for decades. Look at all the middle aged people working there. Even that low paying department is WAY better than most of the jobs available for many people. Nevermind that you can actually sit down and not work every second of your shift, unlike the slaves at those retail jobs. You're treated with respect and like a human being.
The job IS CAKE if you can get it. A TON of competition. It's not like it used to be.

Here's a full listing of nassau county long island officers and their salaries. Almost all pulling in over 100k a year(without ot). All so they can go out and basically collect taxes/write tickets and chill at dunkin.

Nassau County police officers' salaries

Last edited by mikelizard860; 09-11-2014 at 06:35 PM..

Old 09-11-2014, 06:32 PM

Nassau County overtime pay

It's outragous. They're making MD salaries on the tax payers dime. Most making over 200k a year. One officer made over 300k and he's just a regular officer. Just another example of income inequality. The salaries paid to athletes/top corporate executives are even more absurd.

Old 09-11-2014, 06:43 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,588,371 times
They sign up and know they will get overtime on the force. I did loans for these guys and it was over $100k easy with a little obertime... and they could've made more at their discretion. MD Salaries ?; and I know of a doctor closing up their unsuccessful practice.

Old 09-11-2014, 06:54 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,281,297 times
These witnesses say that Brown was running away and was shot. The autopsies say otherwise. So these witnesses don't seem that credible to me. The physical evidence doesn't lie.

Old 09-11-2014, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
These witnesses say that Brown was running away and was shot. The autopsies say otherwise. So these witnesses don't seem that credible to me. The physical evidence doesn't lie.
So mike brown runs away for a few feet, cop shoots and misses, then brown turns around with his hands in the air and the bullets hit him. That matches the physical evidence. 11 shots at least fired, 6 rounds hit. Remember the witnesses don't know which bullets are hitting and which ones are missing. So they can say the officer was firing when his back was turned, but that doesn't mean those bullets hit their mark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events