Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2014, 12:07 AM

3,016 posts, read 3,909,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I think you could be arrested for making statements like that.
Wow. . .

So watching the news, while hoping their is some kind of justice is now a crime.

This is still America Bro Bot. You must be some kind of facist. Your interpretation of the law is about as warped as the cop that murdered Brown.

Old 12-03-2014, 03:12 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,916,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
I'd say calling the looters "scumbags" is a tad harsh. These people were jerked around by the media regarding this case almost from day one. I'd call then naive and easily swayed masses, who were too easily influenced.
No, they're scumbags. Peaceful protesters who marched and carried signs based on a misunderstanding of the situation are not scumbags.

How would you like to have your business looted?

Old 12-03-2014, 04:02 AM

6,343 posts, read 14,683,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Mr. Head's statements are not, given the situation and context, constitutionally protected free speech.
How 'bout *this* "free speech"?

http://m.colorlines.com/archives/201...s_animals.html

I believe the officer says, "bring it, all you farking animals, bring it"..

Which..

Given the "situation and the context"

Heck.. in *any* situation and context , those are "fighting words"..

Some might even call it "inciting a riot".

And the officer wasn't grieving.

He was most likely sucking up some sweeeeeet overtime!

No need to be grumpy, unless you're a racist, roid-raging kinda dude..

Old 12-03-2014, 04:09 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
The cops in Ferguson are throwing a temper tantrum because one of their own wasn't allowed to kill an unarmed man without consequences.
you must be talking about them wanting to shoot those Rams players, huh?

Old 12-03-2014, 04:19 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,331,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Putting "the" in front of "blacks" is racist.

A simple "blacks" is fine.

The only people that I know of personally that say "the blacks" or "the black people" are not americans and english isn't their first language.

I was under the impression that all born and raised AMERICANS knew saying "the blacks" was offensive, but obviously not.
I can understand the reasoning here, I'm old enough (65) to recall that the negative characterizations of "the blacks" and "the Jews" were a lot more common among the lesser-educated and -traveled of my parents' generation. But greater education and the spread of the multi-cultural workplace and public sector has greatly diminished that prejudice as the "GI generation" (many of whom were first exposed to multiple cultures via the military in WW II, as was my Dad) pass from the scene.

Old 12-03-2014, 04:47 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,744,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Siegel View Post
No, they're scumbags. Peaceful protesters who marched and carried signs based on a misunderstanding of the situation are not scumbags.

How would you like to have your business looted?
Isn't it Israel that requires all youth to serve in the military for two years?

If I were queen of the world, I'd require all youth to have their own small business for two years.

I've been a small business owner for most of my adult life (several different businesses) and it's a very fast and detailed education on how the world works.

For one, a lot of small businesses are not covered for rioting. Imagine watching these criminals destroy your business with chairs, bricks and molotov cocktails, knowing that those actions are personally bankrupting YOU. That would be sickening.

This article states that the small business owners are the biggest losers in Ferguson. If Ferguson recovers from this (which is questionable), it will never be the same. EVER. The beauty of Ferguson was they had this enchanting downtown which was part of what got looted and burned.

In Ferguson's Violence, Small Business Owners Are the Biggest Losers - Businessweek

Virtually none of the businesses that have been hurt by the turmoil are big national chains. They are mom-and-pop shops and franchises run by local owners. Businesses in Ferguson filed insurance claims worth less than $250,000 for the period between Aug. 10 and early September, when protests cooled, according to a survey of insurance carriers by the Missouri Department of Insurance. A Washington Post analysis of local sales tax revenue found that revenue fell 6 percent in Ferguson between August and October when compared with the year before.

This week’s riots have been portrayed as a struggle between aggrieved citizens and the police. But the vast majority of the damage from the unrest has fallen on the shoulders of local businesses. Stores have been looted and vandalized, customer traffic has fallen dramatically at some locations, and now retail outlets are being burnt to the ground. Even when the protests end, the damage to the local economy will likely endure for a long time to come.

Old 12-03-2014, 04:53 AM

927 posts, read 969,527 times
I listened to the interview and have to agree with Charles Barkley. I was sceptical of this mass protest without all the facts being presented properly from the beginning. I am glad he stood his ground on this. I myself am almost always sceptical of the cops, simply because I don't trust them, but there are plenty of good cops out there too!

Old 12-03-2014, 04:56 AM

6,343 posts, read 14,683,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
"Oath Keepers is an American nonprofit organization that advocates that its members disobey any orders that they are given if they believe they violate the Constitution of the United States."
wikipedia

Doesn't sound helpful to me.
Sounds very helpful to me.

It wasn't that long ago that human beings were being loaded into cattle cars & sent to gas chambers.

Without fail, everyone involved claimed to be "just following orders".

At some point, you need to accept responsibilty for your own actions, and that might mean questioning an "order".

It doesn't mean questioning every order, it means you don't commit crimes while wearing a badge, even if someone tells you to.

History shows the ones giving unlawful orders are quite adept at hiding from repercussions (it always rolls downhill).

Old 12-03-2014, 05:05 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
The Oath Keepers guy that was on TV seemed pretty cool. He said he just wanted to help protect innocent business owners. He also said he was careful not to recruit racists and whack jobs.

This, to me, seems a legitimate use of second amendment rights, as opposed to bringing an AR-50 to shop at Target.

Old 12-03-2014, 05:18 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Wow. . .

So watching the news, while hoping their is some kind of justice is now a crime.

This is still America Bro Bot. You must be some kind of facist. Your interpretation of the law is about as warped as the cop that murdered Brown.
You can't get on the internet and say whatever you want to, when it involves someone's safety. That was sort of a threat you made, there. That is illegal. Did you know someone in Washington was arrested for saying "We need to shoot Darren Wilson and everyone else wearing a badge" or something to that effect? Yeah, you can say whatever you want, but there may be consequences. You can't threaten someone or wish for them to be killed. That's illegal.

Watching the news and hoping there is some kind of justice - meaning you want the officer killed - is not "justice." You are sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events