Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 12:50 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,704,793 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me what language the guy filming the incident was speaking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 05:27 AM

5,790 posts, read 5,103,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
I think it's ghetto slang language or prison language.

Old 12-29-2015, 05:35 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,541,448 times
Was that father/brother/cousin/friend? actually speaking ENGLISH? I heard an occasional word I think I understood. WTF?

That kid has some SERIOUS issues and saying he's having a mere tantrum is the least of his problems.

Old 12-29-2015, 05:37 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,541,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr strict View Post
He would have his butt turned into a bright red orb with the aid of my size 13 slipper - and then stood in the corner for 30 minutes for a family viewing.
Then two weeks of bed at 6pm
It's very sad that kids are growing up like this. He'll end up in jail as an adult because he knows nothing better.

Old 12-29-2015, 06:36 AM

2,851 posts, read 2,300,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
It's a little disturbing that the vast majority of posters here think that physical violence to a child is the answer. The US is the only 'developed' country where people still resort to something as archaic as spanking.

If that was my kid? I'd arrange for him to spend at least a week somewhere volunteering. Ideally something where he's helping to build something for an underprivileged population, and interacting with them too.

The goal would be to teach him to respect things, and more importantly, people.
By all means, ship all the kids like that one to a country where people don't resort to archaic methods of forcing the proper behavior in children. Then 20 years later we can have a review of what that country looks like.

You can't use Finnish or Swedish methods in the US. Different population and different sets of problems. Actually, pretty soon they won't be able to use them in Sweden either. Malmo is not yet Detroit but it's getting there in a hurry.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:30 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,529,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
He needs an ass whoopin, along with the derelict that cant speak English that is filming him.

Back in my day my mom would of busted my arse on the spot! This is something missing from the generation today a good arse whipping.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:36 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,529,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Howdy View Post
That's not a tantrum. That's a little brat who needs to learn some manners. Spanking isn't the answer. Acting violent toward somebody to teach him that violence is wrong doesn't work. Make the kid clean up the mess he made and pay for the damages.

The kid is 10 how is he going to pay for the damages? There are lots of people who got spankings as a child & turned out fine. Sending them to their room isn't helping these days.

Old 12-29-2015, 08:21 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,051,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
English.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
Was that father/brother/cousin/friend? actually speaking ENGLISH? I heard an occasional word I think I understood. WTF?
This is what happens when people get old. You're just out of touch.

Don't get mad about it. It's a fact of life.

Old 12-30-2015, 12:50 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,519,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I'm pretty sure he's acting out because somebody else in his life thought the answer to everything was to beat the kid.

And maybe he is acting this way because he never had a ass whipping. I think the family should be charged for the damage and the kid should do some time in juve for destruction of property.

Old 12-30-2015, 01:29 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,471,073 times
Kid needs a good spanking.

The cameraman needs a good education.

The store employee who dragged the brat out should get a promotion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events