Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 05:26 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
This boy does have a real problem. His actions aren't those of a brat, they are rooted in some deep-seated anger. I still want to know how his age was established if he wasn't detained.

And, don't be so sure you can freely spank in FL. This father wasn't taking any chances:
Florida father asks police to supervise daughter's spanking - Parents - TODAY.com
One of the articles I read said that he was, in fact , detained until police arrived.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2015, 07:24 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,604,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
One of the articles I read said that he was, in fact , detained until police arrived.
That's strange, a paddle is fine but the switch that football player used isn't? Who determines this? Do they have a "what can I hit my kids with" committee? Confusing to have a violent act supervised by a police officer isn't it?

"I'm about to hit my kid officer, and I need you to come over and watch me so I stay within the beating law"

It reminds me of the old law that you can beat your wife as long as the object you beat her with was shorter than a ruler. We are weirdos.

On the kid who trashed everything: Early detection of mental illness will prevent more mass shootings in the future. I say we start pouring more money into mental health.
I'd like to know the ending to the story though, maybe his friends dared him to do it and now he's in the special club! High five!

Old 01-03-2015, 07:43 AM

2,707 posts, read 2,837,936 times
This was absolutely unacceptable behavior. The very sad thing is that more than likely, if this child continues down this road in life, he could take it to a very different level, and become dangerous to others. He apparently has no sense of right or wrong, and is just indiscriminately wreaking havoc. With that mind-set that anger could possibly be carried over into him inflicting physical harm to someone. In the video he assumes a defensive stance to one of the people trying to stop him.

I'm curious of the back story to this little delinquent.

Old 01-03-2015, 08:01 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,232,699 times
It didn't look like that kid had development issues he was just being a BRAT. He knew what he was doing. I'm glad that guy grabbed him and walked him out of the store but how many of us would do that. If I saw a kid doing that I wouldn't touch him out of fear of being sued for everything I own.

If that BRAT doesn't straighten up we will probably see him on the news in a few years or on that TV where the troubled kids go to jail for the day.. scared straight..

Old 01-03-2015, 11:28 AM

3,279 posts, read 5,318,749 times
I'm glad to know the store clerk physically removed him from the store. How much do you want to bet that, when they did so, the parent, probably some welfare recipient (of any potential race, understand you), screamed "don't you touch my kid?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
All I know is that the manager of that store is the biggest pansy of all... If that little skidmark would have done that in my business, I would have been raising so much hell that the kid would have needed a pair of Depends on the way out.
True that. Heck, as a cashier at a discount store, I'd done it myself. They can threaten to sue or whatever all they want, but I'm doing it. Someone has to be willing to take a stand against this--if the parents would stop screaming "don't touch my kid" and handle the problem themselves, others wouldn't have to.

Last edited by shyguylh; 01-03-2015 at 11:36 AM..

Old 01-03-2015, 11:52 AM

1,594 posts, read 3,576,139 times
Kid should be institutionalized and given shock treatment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoF_a0-7xVQ

Old 01-03-2015, 12:46 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,101,085 times
I watched the video. What a tragedy of failed contraception.

Old 01-03-2015, 01:10 PM

1,001 posts, read 1,095,799 times
my mother would have water boarded me if I did something like this. I hope the cashier doesn't get sued. You can't touch people.

Old 01-03-2015, 01:53 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
I need a translator that speaks English at the bottom of the screen.

Old 01-06-2015, 01:31 AM

52 posts, read 47,855 times
He needs to suffer a little bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events