Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 06:47 PM

12,841 posts, read 9,045,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
^ That was some of the most paranoid BS I've ever read. Thank you for sharing.
Are you really that naïve? You get to sleep soundly because someone else is standing by ready to do violence on your behalf. Otherwise, I'm sure you would do quite well under ISIS because they'd just ask you nicely before they cut off your head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2015, 07:31 PM

687 posts, read 915,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
A 10 year-old boy had an epic tantrum and went on a rampage through a Florida store, knocking items from shelves in almost every aisle.

The boy left a trail of destruction in Dollar General and it only ended when a store employee grabbed him and dragged him out of the store.

10-year-old American boy throws epic tantrum
He requires a SPANKING.

Oh noes, but in la-la-liberal-land that's not "awowwed".

"Waaaaaaaa we can't spank the children because it teaches [insert liberal nonsense here] and is just pwain meaniehead. Waaaaaaa"

Old 01-01-2015, 07:34 PM

894 posts, read 1,050,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapmd View Post
He requires a SPANKING.

Oh noes, but in la-la-liberal-land that's not "awowwed".

"Waaaaaaaa we can't spank the children because it teaches [insert liberal nonsense here] and is just pwain meaniehead. Waaaaaaa"
As long as the child feels good and maintains high self esteem while he's tearing up the store, that's all that counts!

Old 01-01-2015, 08:02 PM

687 posts, read 915,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFigureMeOut View Post
As long as the child feels good and maintains high self esteem while he's tearing up the store, that's all that counts!
While we're at it we can do some "comen kor mawf" (spelling not required either) where 5 + 3 = whateverthe****youwant as long as the child feels good and the teacher isn't allowed to criticize or give a bad grade.

Old 01-01-2015, 08:12 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Why did the store staff stand by for so long without doing anything?

Old 01-01-2015, 08:39 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,152 times
Even though I *think* if I had a child I would teach zhem (<--- wacky new gender-neutral pronoun I'm trying out) inner discipline and composure, who knows? These days, the 'village' gets as much say in how you parent (or not) as you do. Ultimately, I'm very glad I chose (or had chosen for me, same difference) a childless existence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
Are you really that naïve? You get to sleep soundly because someone else is standing by ready to do violence on your behalf.
But that's the conundrum, isn't it? I thought it was a good piece myself. But it's so easy to become complacent as one of those who sleeps very soundly indeed, to the point of becoming blind and in denial about how that security is truly secured. It is almost as if people forget that the human ape is a species steeped in violence and brutality and power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why did the store staff stand by for so long without doing anything?
Yes, this is an open question. Were they afraid of intervening (litigation, etc.)? Were they just thinking it would end any second now? I'm not saying it's *fishy*, per se. But how would this have been received, say, 15 years ago (1999)? Or 30 years ago (1984)? Or heck 60 years ago (1954)? Or more concerningly, 15 years from now (2029)?

Old 01-01-2015, 08:47 PM

22,660 posts, read 24,589,306 times
If I was the owner of that store and I was on-site........I would have picked that brat up and threw him out of the store.

Old 01-01-2015, 09:13 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,374,430 times
Clearly he was making a protest statement against an evil capitalist entity like the Dollar Store, which just exploits the downtrodden in our society with cheap goods and low wage workers while the stockholders rake in the profits and go play golf.
You think he's going to prison? I think he's angling a scholarship to an Ivy League college and later a faculty position where he can teach future generations the benefits of anarchy and Marxist redistribution.

Old 01-01-2015, 09:15 PM

21,863 posts, read 25,129,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Glad my Dad beat my ass on the few occasions when I needed it. Oh and he was around to do it.
Haha, seriously.

My mom never would have stood for it, but if I'd done something like that she wouldn't have been able to stop my dad, which is something I knew. Plus then after he'd been done whooping my ass he'd have sent me to the store to clean up my mess. If I wanted to eat in the next week, I'd have done it.

Old 01-01-2015, 09:27 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
This schit looks staged.

~~~~~~~~~

Happy New Year everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events