Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 04:50 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,275,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
On spanking, my opinion is adapted from this, more eloquently than I could ever myself word it:

Violence is Golden - Jack Donovan
^ That was some of the most paranoid BS I've ever read. Thank you for sharing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2015, 06:02 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,733,179 times
I don't understand how kids can be this destructive. What he didn't get to buy a 5 dollar Chinese toy, so his life is ruined? Most kids might cry a little, but they won't go a-wall, kids just need to be taught how to learn with rejection sometimes.

I don't own any kids, but I have friends that do and the well behaved (very mature for age) kids have been taught by their parents what it takes to make the money to buy things, this sometimes involves the kid actually doing math on paper and the parents revealing to their children how much money they make and what the bills are to cover their living expenses ect., but these kids are well behaved and understand finances well, they would never do anything like this.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:14 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,054 times
10 years old and he is already acting like a thug. I see a prison cell in his future unfortunately. His parents, if he has any that care, should be ashamed of themselves.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:31 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Aw come on, he is just frustrated because of the way the police treat some people and he is going to turn his life around and go to college some day ! He was just practicing up for when he can do some serious looting, er......"protesting", when he gets older.

Don

Old 01-01-2015, 07:37 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
Definitely not a tantrum. I think people are asking where are the parents because the kid was destructive for awhile before a store employee removed him from the store. The kid wasn't hiding on one aisle, he was walking around the store calmly and knocking stuff off the shelves. SO WHERE WAS THE PARENT?!

Old 01-01-2015, 10:26 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,626,103 times
In five or six years, he will be beating women I'm sure.

The ass whoopin period is long gone with this one. You can't go from zero discipline to straight up ass beating... Especially at age 10.

All I know is that the manager of that store is the biggest pansy of all... If that little skidmark would have done that in my business, I would have been raising so much hell that the kid would have needed a pair of Depends on the way out.

Old 01-01-2015, 10:35 AM

7,057 posts, read 4,818,181 times
I can't help thinking the whole thing was staged for the camera.

Old 01-01-2015, 10:36 AM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I agree Albert - unfortunately in today's society - not only would you probably be arrested for assaulting him - the parent's would sue - and they'd probably win.
This ^^ is exactly why I think the adults were afraid to act. That, or being arrested for putting their hands on the precious snowflake. The PLS is old enough to know how adults hands are tied.

Old 01-01-2015, 10:42 AM

756 posts, read 833,879 times
Talking I LOVE That Video! So Entertaining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
A 10 year-old boy had an epic tantrum and went on a rampage through a Florida store, knocking items from shelves in almost every aisle.

The boy left a trail of destruction in Dollar General and it only ended when a store employee grabbed him and dragged him out of the store.

10-year-old American boy throws epic tantrum
That is a great video. I wonder if more are coming. Was that tantrum staged? It could be a publicity stunt for Dollar Genaral. I don't like Dollar General.

But the question was what would I have done if I was there? I would have done the same thing that those other people did to him, but only I would have done that as quickly as I could. The only problem with that is that the parents would have sued me along with them suing the store.

The kid will probably do it again. And more kids will probably join.

Old 01-01-2015, 10:44 AM

894 posts, read 1,050,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
This ^^ is exactly why I think the adults were afraid to act. That, or being arrested for putting their hands on the precious snowflake. The PLS is old enough to know how adults hands are tied.
My BIL has a teenaged son from his first marriage. A few months back they were in the barber shop getting their hair cut when the son acted surly and rude to the owner. My BIL grabbed him by his neck and demanded he apologize. The son ran out of the shop, called the police and told them his father had assaulted him. Thankfully there were so many witnesses that my BIL wasn't arrested, but this is the kind of power kids have nowadays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events