Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2015, 02:28 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
Whatever. I just got on this thread today.....
OK I forgive you since you mentioned it, but please try to catch up.

Old 01-19-2015, 02:33 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,710,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
OK I forgive you since you mentioned it, but please try to catch up.
I believe I caught up quite well, but thank you for your concern. And I certainly don't need, nor do I want, your forgiveness.

My opinion on what you posted still stands however. Some of your posts come off as racist, which was my point in posting what I did.

Old 01-19-2015, 02:37 PM

^Didn't take you long to drop the R-word.

Your opinion of me isn't up for debate as I support your right to believe as you wish. If you think I'm racist, that's your issue.

Now if you wish to actually address any point that I have made, which so far you haven't done, then I will be glad to have a conversation with you.

Old 01-19-2015, 02:41 PM

21 posts, read 17,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I said that post-verdict most whites agreed with the verdict, most blacks didn't, per polls. I never expect ALL of any group to agree on anything.

You think the prosecutors threw the case, 'didn't give it the old college try.' That makes them much worse than goofballs.
I may have missed those polls you are referring to but I do know that I myself disagree with the verdict and I am white. Also, I know that many of my friends and acquaintances who are mostly white also disagreed. Polls are quite easily slanted by where they are posted and by what political or media group. Long time political trick to get people to jump on their band wagon. It is effective because it is a human trait to want to belong to a majority group.

As for my comment on the prosecutors. I know they aren't goof balls after following other cases they have worked on. I think they were more vested in cases in their own jurisdiction. You know, like they really didn't want to be there but their boss made them.

Old 01-19-2015, 02:56 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,710,507 times
Quote:
^Didn't take you long to drop the R-word.

Your opinion of me isn't up for debate as I support your right to believe as you wish. If you think I'm racist, that's your issue.

Now if you wish to actually address any point that I have made, which so far you haven't done, then I will be glad to have a conversation with you.
I don't have an opinion about YOU. I don't know YOU. I addressed your post, which was pretty offensive.

Go ahead and support GZ all you want, that's on you. But his actions since he killed TM are pretty telling.

Old 01-19-2015, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
I don't have an opinion about YOU. I don't know YOU. I addressed your post, which was pretty offensive.
Expressing "offense" isn't addressing the point, it's giving opinion. Your offense has no bearing on the topic at hand.

Old 01-19-2015, 04:24 PM

104 posts, read 83,300 times
I notice that some posters keep telling other posters what the topic should and shouldn't be. I'm thinking anyone who is writing about GZ's ongoing problems with the law and society in general, and general issues that surround those problems, is the topic.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:01 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
BBM

Dead men tell no tales and the reason the jurors took GZ's word as gospel, instead of going over the evidence..it was one sided...

HOA put GZ in charge so in a sense they were liable for this loose cannon..

Too bad they don't bring a civil suit against GZ he would have to get a job to pay it off should he be deemed responsible. It appears all he does is mooch. All those donated funds were squandered away with O'Mara and West left on the hook for $2.5M and very surprised West showed up for his arraignment on this latest charge. I also believe whoever donated to him got bamboozled...

Just like OJ who claimed to have no money, he is still liable to the Goldman's for the wrongful death lawsuit they won..
You post, really shows you have a shocking lack of information about the whole situation.

Really, you should contact TM's family and enlighten them to the riches they will receive from suing an unemployed mooch as opposed to OJ simpson and how that will cover 50k or more in legal bills (easily).

Second, the star witness for the defense was....TM's girlfriend. That's why he was found NOT GUILTY which does NOT mean INNOCENT.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:56 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,371,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You post, really shows you have a shocking lack of information about the whole situation.

Really, you should contact TM's family and enlighten them to the riches they will receive from suing an unemployed mooch as opposed to OJ simpson and how that will cover 50k or more in legal bills (easily).

Second, the star witness for the defense was....TM's girlfriend. That's why he was found NOT GUILTY which does NOT mean INNOCENT.
I am responding to your response to Amethyst...I can attest to her knowledge base of that trial and knowledge base of the "Whole Situation"...Trayvon's parents have moved on..They are working with other wrongfully killed kids..supporting their families..They have no desire to go after GZ..His activities and actions since released of charges is all on himself..NOT the parents of TM nor anybody else for that matter...I kind of wonder about your linking such a civil suit to OJ...That case too has already been dealt with long ago..appeals there went no where from OJ...

I say..sometimes the constant drum beat of blaming victims and their families for everything is wearing thin..as GZ has done nothing to evolve...IN fact it appears he is Imploding!!

Old 01-19-2015, 06:28 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,836,796 times
Quote:
You have provided nothing that says that Zimmerman attacked Martin. The last 10-15 posts since the post you are quoting have been nothing but insults directed at various made up boogeymen. Insults, fallacies, false outrage, etc ad nauseum made by apologists & the delusional are not proof the Jury made the wrong decision. Martin is no innocent kid.

The Jury has decided this. Zimmerman is innocent of the charges. Case closed.

Time to move on.
For once you are 100% correct. I certainly have provided nothing that says that Zimmerman attacked Martin because I have not claimed that he did. I am in no position to know who attacked whom and neither is anyone else unless there is an eyewitness who, to this day, goes uncovered by the prosecution or the defense. Zimmerman is a killer who has been found not guilty in the Martin case, certainly he is no innocent. Zimmerman seems to have a desire to continually open cases; I hope he doesn't kill someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events