Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2015, 12:04 AM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,579 times

Advertisements

I'm going with the orig post only .
George Zimmerman is a nut . Dangerous to everyone of any color. He is ( or was ) one of those types that can pass a background check yet has NO business with a gun of any kind . He is just off the hook . I don't know what his status on being able to carry a weapon is at this point but he sure doesn't need to be able to .

Old 01-20-2015, 04:51 AM

1,077 posts, read 872,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You post, really shows you have a shocking lack of information about the whole situation.

Really, you should contact TM's family and enlighten them to the riches they will receive from suing an unemployed mooch as opposed to OJ simpson and how that will cover 50k or more in legal bills (easily).

Second, the star witness for the defense was....TM's girlfriend. That's why he was found NOT GUILTY which does NOT mean INNOCENT.

SMH

A wrongful death lawsuit, even if this mooch has no money, would be what this guy needs, even if he had 30 years to pay it off, would be held over his head and he doesn't like anything held over him..

TM's parents have moved on...I'm just thinking it would be symbolic for GZ to have to pay..

Thank you very much but I never said GZ was innocent...

West was horrible to RJ, making fun of her, which put her on the defensive due to his lack of compassion..

Old 01-20-2015, 05:32 AM

555 posts, read 804,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlestix View Post
It seems like he will never get back on the straight and narrow.

George Zimmerman arrested for aggravated assault | Seminole County
Who said he ever was on the straight and narrow in the first place? He is a disaster waiting to happen. I just hope he doesn't kill anyone else in the process.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:27 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydlee View Post
Who said he ever was on the straight and narrow in the first place? He is a disaster waiting to happen. I just hope he doesn't kill anyone else in the process.
His record before killing TM wasn't too bad. iirc, a domestic violence charge for pushing or slapping his gf, with mutual restraining orders taken out. I think the woman later became a friend. And an assault of a cop at a bar, which if he were a black guy [Mike Brown or Eric Garner, for example], we'd hear more about how cops think nothing of false charges for breathing wrong in their presence.

Nothing to be proud of, and not someone I'd pick as a buddy, but no gun charges, robberies, burglaries, drugs, stuff like that to indicate he was a dangerous guy.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:27 AM

104 posts, read 83,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You post, really shows you have a shocking lack of information about the whole situation.

Really, you should contact TM's family and enlighten them to the riches they will receive from suing an unemployed mooch as opposed to OJ simpson and how that will cover 50k or more in legal bills (easily).

Second, the star witness for the defense was....TM's girlfriend. That's why he was found NOT GUILTY which does NOT mean INNOCENT.
A shocking lack of information? If your implication is that you are profoundly better informed then I might remind you that JR was never legitimately described as TM's girl friend. There are pro-GZ sites that made that proclamation, but they did it to support GZ and to demean JR and by implication TM. And the posters on these sites didn't even claim to know JR well.
The truth from many sources including people who knew these teens well was that TM was a kind, supportive friend to JR. I suppose I should be shocked that you didn't know that.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:32 AM

104 posts, read 83,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
His record before killing TM wasn't too bad. iirc, a domestic violence charge for pushing or slapping his gf, with mutual restraining orders taken out. I think the woman later became a friend. And an assault of a cop at a bar, which if he were a black guy [Mike Brown or Eric Garner, for example], we'd hear more about how cops think nothing of false charges for breathing wrong in their presence.

Nothing to be proud of, and not someone I'd pick as a buddy, but no gun charges, robberies, burglaries, drugs, stuff like that to indicate he was a dangerous guy.
BBM -- In the eyes of most people the behaviors you've cited would be described as a rather bad record for a young man: domestic violence + assault. Why do people give GZ these passes? That's what perplexes most people whom I know.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:42 AM

1,077 posts, read 872,433 times
Quote:

Straight out of HS, his father sent him to Florida, so something happened there that no one is willing to tell..it goes to his myspace page back then..

In 2005 he charged with resisting a police officer with violence..was given a diversion program, which obviously didn't work for him. He still appears to have anger and impulse control issues and doesn't take rejection well..
Watch This: George Zimmerman Arrested in 2005 - The Root

A list of George Zimmerman's past run-ins with the law

A list of George Zimmerman's past run-ins with the law | Fox News

GZs day will come. I only pray there isn't another fatality due to this very violent person..

Last edited by Amythyst; 01-20-2015 at 07:50 AM.. Reason: added paragraph about HS

Old 01-20-2015, 07:43 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,893 times
Quote:

Well, if assaulting a cop wasn't a serious offense could you please explain why Mike Brown and others have died doing this.

Oh but the woman became his friend, and but but but if he were Black, yeah yeah yeah. Keep downplaying with your hypothetical's...

Old 01-20-2015, 07:45 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:

Nah. Nothing to indicate he was a dangerous guy.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:05 AM

244 posts, read 248,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
In 2005 he charged with resisting a police officer with violence..was given a diversion program, which obviously didn't work for him. He still appears to have anger and impulse control issues and doesn't take rejection well..
Watch This: George Zimmerman Arrested in 2005 - The Root

A list of George Zimmerman's past run-ins with the law

A list of George Zimmerman's past run-ins with the law | Fox News

GZs day will come. I only pray there isn't another fatality due to this very violent person..
Oh, I fully expect another meeting between GMZ and 2nd degree murder or voluntary manslaughter at a minimum. The dead can't speak and while this charmer's IQ probably falls on the sluggish side of the spectrum, he has a pretty good grasp of the finer points of a Stand Your Ground defense. I believe Air Marsal Osterman's moral failings are many and his judgment poor, but as a teacher, I can't quibble with him. The man knows his guns. At this point I can only hope the killer's next victim is from his own circle of family and friends, rather than from his ever-growing list of strangers who look wrong, walk wrong, talk wrong, play wrong, drive wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events