Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2015, 09:58 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,416,868 times

Advertisements

In court there is what is called 'the truth' and what is called 'the real truth'. 'The truth' is what is presented in court. We will never know 'the real truth' because one party is dead and the other is not talking. So, all of us had to make a determination on what we heard from the media. I made mine in favor of Zimmerman, but now I'm not so sure that I was right.
To answer the OP's question......Maybe there should be before anyone else dies at his hands.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:13 AM

104 posts, read 83,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
[/b]
Hilarious. I was just called a racist, murderer defender for not thinking the state proved its case, and I can't accept contrary opinions ?
Oh, I didn't know people were calling you names. I don't think that you should be called a racist. Perhaps you (or some here) have been defending GZ, and if the other person sees GZ as a murderer, then his supporter would actually be a murderer defender, I think.
I believe GZ was the aggressor and should have been convicted. I also do not think the state proved its case.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:18 AM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
I wanna see how you cinderellas act when a stranger rolls up on you in the dead of night. People want to dissect the situation & find any reason to pathologize Trayvon but place a white woman or even your own mother in his spot & you clowns would be calling for the chair. You dudes are a joke, a raging lunatic kills an innocent teen yet somehow grown men across the nation find every reason possible to blame the teen, and for what? Bc his skin is melanated.

This is exactly what I was thinking. What if TM was a young women instead? Or an elderly lady out for a walk? Or even a white man who was wearing a hoodie out for a walk? And GZ decided to start following them? People would be singing a different tune.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:20 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellflower View Post
Sure, sweetie.

Ps. What time are you moving on?
Dear Heart I did that yesterday. Try to catch up.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
"Blah blah blah blah blah." Was this from the star witness for the prosecution (or was it defense, some debate on that) LOL

Wow. Racist much? Because your "arguments" have been responded to very effectively by other posters, this is all you have left in your arsenal. Pathetic.

Old 01-19-2015, 11:41 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
I wanna see how you cinderellas act when a stranger rolls up on you in the dead of night. People want to dissect the situation & find any reason to pathologize Trayvon but place a white woman or even your own mother in his spot & you clowns would be calling for the chair. You dudes are a joke, a raging lunatic kills an innocent teen yet somehow grown men across the nation find every reason possible to blame the teen, and for what? Bc his skin is melanated.
This.

Old 01-19-2015, 11:43 AM

21 posts, read 17,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Well if you are implying the pictures are fake in some fashion why not just come out and say it?
Also how do you account for the eyewitnesses who described the person on top as fitting TM's description, and the 911 tapes where you can hear GZ screaming for help, for close to an entire minute before hearing the single gun shot?

Even if we are to assume GZ embellished his story in certain areas, it would seem as if TM supporters want to believe everything that helps TM is real. What is worse they seem to believe everything supporting GZ, like forensic evidence, witnesses, including the prosecutor, jury, etc., are all tainted. Tons of speculation on behalf of TM is accepted as plausible, but similar speculation in favor of GZ is dismissed. Why?

TM was no angel like the media tried to portray, and when some of his past came out, it looked as if he was on the wrong path. He could have been looking to heist something, or been a peeping Tom. Yet he might very well have just been coming home to watch the NBA that night, as none of us will ever know.
However GZ seems like a disturbed person the more we hear about him post TM, but it does not mean the evidence the jury heard didn't happen. They reached a conclusion based on information presented, and were likely more informed than the majority of CD forum members combined.

I wonder if much of this TM support stems from the way the media framed the story, and people tend to stick with their initial reaction. As I sad, I was more pro-TM in the beginning for a lack of a better way to put it. It was only after I witnessed how all sorts of powers like the media and WH were lining up against him, that I started to look at the totality of the situation, rather than accepting the narrative the media tried to create (i.e. pictures, doctoring of the audio tapes, claims it was TM's voice screaming for help, claiming GZ made a racial epithet, etc.).

`

`
If you are truly wondering about the support of the victim in this case, I can tell you that my opinion is not based on the media at all. I read all the discovery that was released pursuant to Florida's sunshine law, I listened to audio of statements released and also to the 911 calls. I compared the evidence to the different statements GZ made and noted that his statements were not very consistent. I noted that none of the witnesses actually saw what happened because it was so dark. They heard an altercation but could not see it. I based my opinion on those things and not the media nor Z's family nor what I read on blogs or boards. My opinions are mine and not anyone else's.

Our jury system is designed in such a way that sometimes a guilty person might go free. It is slanted towards a defendant for that reason. As our legal system has been developed, it was realized that it is better to have a few guilty people go free than to convict an innocent person. Mistakes happen because we are all human and fallible. In my experience, when a guilty person goes free, they reoffend and eventually end up where they belong. I believe we are seeing that pattern with GZ.

Old 01-19-2015, 11:47 AM

3,190 posts, read 3,185,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlestix View Post
It seems like he will never get back on the straight and narrow.
When was George Zimmerman on the straight and narrow? He was assaulting people before he killed Trayvon Martin.

Old 01-19-2015, 11:49 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,812,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
This is exactly what I was thinking. What if TM was a young women instead? Or an elderly lady out for a walk? Or even a white man who was wearing a hoodie out for a walk? And GZ decided to start following them? People would be singing a different tune.
Or, imagine this:
George Zimmerman is minding his own business, walking thru a mostly-black neighborhood with Skittles and iced tea. Then Trayvon Martin starts stalking him with a gun. Exact same situation, just reverse the individuals. But the exact same situation plays out?

Guess who is the 'thug' then?

The same person - Trayvon Martin, except in this alternative scenario he does exactly what George Zimmerman actually did. The very same people slapping 'thug' on Martin would still slap it on Martin and not Zimmerman if the situations were reversed.

And I think every last person participating in this thread knows it (though quite a few won't admit it).

Old 01-19-2015, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Or, imagine this:
George Zimmerman is minding his own business, walking thru a mostly-black neighborhood with Skittles and iced tea. Then Trayvon Martin starts stalking him with a gun. Exact same situation, just reverse the individuals. But the exact same situation plays out?

Guess who is the 'thug' then?

The same person - Trayvon Martin, except in this alternative scenario he does exactly what George Zimmerman actually did. The very same people slapping 'thug' on Martin would still slap it on Martin and not Zimmerman if the situations were reversed.

And I think every last person participating in this thread knows it (though quite a few won't admit it).

Yes. THIS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events