Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 05:28 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,981,706 times

Advertisements

This kid will end up, at some point, behind bars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2015, 06:34 PM

7,082 posts, read 8,954,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post

911 should have been called immediately.
911 is for real emergencies, like when the McNuggets run out.

WacArnold's employee has a melt down.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:06 PM

30,653 posts, read 18,255,332 times
Sounds like the workers at my neighborhood McDonalds

Old 02-10-2015, 08:12 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,870,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Thing is with these places, and I worked for a fast food place is it sometimes depends on the manager. They can be really good or they can be nuts. Some are real megalomaniacs and think they can control people to the max. It is often not the corporate policy to treat their employees this badly but employees are afraid to report their bosses for fear of being fired which is a legitimate concern.

I was lucky I had a great manager and it wasn't McDonald's. With McDonald's, it seems like it's the corporate people who are the creeps. I would never work for them to begin with.
Same experience for me - I worked at Carl's Jr for two years in high school. My general manager was awesome - fair, a good example but still fairly tough. When it came to shift leads, most were great though I had one that was a bit wacko.

On the other hand I have friends that worked for other fast food places or even different locations of Carl's and they had drastically different experiences with management.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:14 PM

11,377 posts, read 9,293,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
911 is for real emergencies, like when the McNuggets run out.

WacArnold's employee has a melt down.
An out of control human is an emergency.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:39 PM

165 posts, read 170,021 times
And somewhere, the McD's CEO is pacing back and forth frantically anticipating the day the restaurants go fully automated.....

Old 02-10-2015, 08:46 PM

11,377 posts, read 9,293,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J2201987 View Post
And somewhere, the McD's CEO is pacing back and forth frantically anticipating the day the restaurants go fully automated.....
I'm surprised it hasn't happened already.

If they are forced to pay their employees anymore money it's a safe bet it will happen sooner than later. Their executives will be laughing even harder when they look at their already bloated bank accounts.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:02 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,362,966 times
I dont blame him..... Micromanagement sucks.... Been there, Done that.... Just because someone is working a minimum wage job and putting on a happy face serving customers doesn't mean they deserve to be treated like crap.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:13 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,570,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
So you think that because it is a minimum wage employee that they should be treated like crap and not paid when their wages are already shameful? WOW!
(Not sure if you're directing this towards my post)

No. I don't believe anyone should be mistreated. The crappy thing is that to some people $20-$30 isnt a whole lot. But to a guy making $8 a hour it can be almost 4 hours of work. Just think that's working almost 1/2 of your work day. Granted it's a menial job no skills no future. Why the f is a corporation/owner of a franchise taking away a few bucks from that minimum wage employee. To do what? Add to the profit line? Line his pocket with a cool $30? I bet they throw out more food ( value of that food ) at the end of the day than that guy was owed.
The manager could of handled it differently. Maybe treat the guy with a shred of respect. Maybe he was owed that time. The manager should of said we can look into it. Then done that. Go pull his clocked in time. Compare it against his pay stub. Then show him what was wrong (if anything was wrong). Sometimes making someone a manager can bring out the worse in people.
If the guy worked the hours he should get paid. I used to work menial jobs when I was a kid. It's not hard to show a person a bit of respect. Just because they are flipping burgers diesnt mean they are subhuman.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:24 PM

7,082 posts, read 8,954,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
An out of control human is an emergency.
I was being facetious, but someone really did call 911 because their McDonald's ran out of McNuggets.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events