Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 02:52 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,753,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
Um... This one?
Ha. You don't even get the original point that you are responding to. i.e. the constant false narrative that American Whites, are the only racists in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 02:58 AM

Quote:
In other words, you have nothing.
Quote:
Of course I don't believe you. You're lying.
Of course you are offering less than nothing. Seems that is the only thing you have done here. Insult is not a substitute for thoughtful discussion.

Old 02-19-2015, 03:09 AM

897 posts, read 1,183,669 times
Just another day in America. Yawn. That man will get over it, like he's learned to do for his entire life. Not much room for sympathy in good ol' 'murica.

Old 02-19-2015, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjury15 View Post
Just another day in America. Yawn. That man will get over it, like he's learned to do for his entire life. Not much room for sympathy in good ol' 'murica.
LOL. My previous point is proven yet again.

Old 02-19-2015, 03:30 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,172,120 times
****ing disgusting.

Not the actual racists, that's to be expected of trash like that.

I'm talking about all the cowards just standing around drooling who refused to stand up for that guy. For god's sake, I'm a young petite woman, and I've stepped in during similar situations. Why couldn't one person in that crowd give a damn?

I really hate the bystander effect.

Old 02-19-2015, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
There are several other cars with open doors. Why not just walk away and hop a different car?
WTF? No. That man should not have to kowtow to these savages.

Old 02-19-2015, 03:53 AM

6,470 posts, read 16,454,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Football(Soccer) fans are the worst and I heard racism in football is really high. Something, America does really well in is keep racism to a minimum when it comes to sports. Same can't be said about Europe, especially Italy and Spain.
Not just racism. Many of them are antisemitic and lookists and basically like to make fun of other people. There was one incident not too long ago where the fans were telling the Jewish members on one team to go back to Auschwitz etc. I'm not sure how Europeans got the reputation among Americans that they have class. Maybe ppl have only visited tourist areas or seen them on TV.

Some are nice. But obviously not all. And many of them have not left their country or even town for their entire lives just like some ppl in the USA. It is kind of too late for me to discuss the Charlie Hebdo incident, but I will.

This is why that newspaper was not so innocent by printing that offensive cartoon. Many whites in France hate north africans and treat them like crap on a daily basis. If they had a good relationship, then maybe a cartoon could be understood. But they hate one another, and then continued to make cartoons they knew were offensive to the muslims? That's just mean.

Old 02-19-2015, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Not just racism. Many of them are antisemitic and lookists and basically like to make fun of other people. There was one incident not too long ago where the fans were telling the Jewish members on one team to go back to Auschwitz etc. I'm not sure how Europeans got the reputation among Americans that they have class. Maybe ppl have only visited tourist areas or seen them on TV.

Some are nice. But obviously not all. And many of them have not left their country or even town for their entire lives just like some ppl in the USA. It is kind of too late for me to discuss the Charlie Hebdo incident, but I will.

This is why that newspaper was not so innocent by printing that offensive cartoon. Many whites in France hate north africans and treat them like crap on a daily basis. If they had a good relationship, then maybe a cartoon could be understood. But they hate one another, and then continued to make cartoons they knew were offensive to the muslims? That's just mean.
I had a friend/roommate who was Senegalese-French, and she confirmed that she was made to feel unwelcome in France.

Old 02-19-2015, 05:48 AM

3,804 posts, read 6,189,452 times
Soccer sucks!

Old 02-19-2015, 06:32 AM

692 posts, read 960,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
****ing disgusting.

Not the actual racists, that's to be expected of trash like that.

I'm talking about all the cowards just standing around drooling who refused to stand up for that guy. For god's sake, I'm a young petite woman, and I've stepped in during similar situations. Why couldn't one person in that crowd give a damn?

I really hate the bystander effect.
You're a young petite woman. It's unlikely that any altercation with you will ever escalate into a physical fight.

Let a guy try any of that and it WILL turn into a fight. This isn't about the bystander effect, this is about common effing sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events