Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 07:48 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,577,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
lol

Im laughing because instead of me working off FEELINGS i lived it, i grew up in the absolute worst environment around the worst people and all kinds of shht which i will never discuss

and i still have no reason to feel obligated to cosign gay dudes adopting a young male children

btw, name calling doesnt work on me so folks will have to come with original responses
Congrats. Glad to see you're not bitter about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 08:19 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,732,142 times
Quote:
lol

Im laughing because instead of me working off FEELINGS i lived it, i grew up in the absolute worst environment around the worst people and all kinds of shht which i will never discuss

and i still have no reason to feel obligated to cosign gay dudes adopting a young male children

btw, name calling doesnt work on me so folks will have to come with original responses
Are you male? And if so, were you adopted by a gay couple?

It's difficult to see how you have any special insight into this situation. Children are abused and it's always horrible and adoptive parents (male and female, straight and gay) sometime abuse the children they adopt. But that STILL doesn't lead to the conclusion that the couple in the story are going to abuse the boy they adopted.

Old 03-09-2015, 08:56 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,805,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
You have the same standard when a straight couple adopts an attractive child?
Well, gee, with a straight couple, at least one of the parents doesn't have the same-sex attraction, and presumably would be outraged if the other parent *did* take (hetero)sexual interest in the child that way. Taboos against incest are handy that way....

Old 03-09-2015, 10:34 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,318,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB1967 View Post
Well, gee, with a straight couple, at least one of the parents doesn't have the same-sex attraction, and presumably would be outraged if the other parent *did* take (hetero)sexual interest in the child that way. Taboos against incest are handy that way....
The same taboos would work with a gay couple. They would not want one of the partners to be attracted to their child because they would be outraged too. Where in the H@@@ do some of you come up with this stuff?

Old 03-09-2015, 10:36 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,158,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Once I was the only female working for a gay man (who had a wife and child). He surrounded himself with attractive young men and made no... um ... bones about the fact he was attracted to them. He'd say to me as he pointed one out "she's a good girl". Once he was talking to me and - no fooling - said he had a girlfriend who would make me "something my jeans" I can't say it. But he was referring to being very sexually excited. I told him I wasn't attracted to girls and - silly me - realized he was really talking about a guy. This isn't some isolated freak. He was an attractive, sort of powerful (money talks) businessman. You're fooling yourself if you think gay guys aren't mostly in it for the sex. Those guys were all my friends. I think I confused them by being there.

There are many examples of older men who prefer younger men. 16 is the age of consent in many states, isn't it? I'm not presuming they're grooming him for sex but you shouldn't necessarily presume they aren't. No one knows what goes on behind closed doors.
Did this predatory male described here also have a desire to adopt a child? The answer is likely NO.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:45 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,158,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
Almost all of the boys molested by the priests in this scandal were postpubescent. This means the molesters were homosexual man, not pedophiles who molest prepubescent children.

Of course, in our politically correct world we are not allowed to believe this truth because it makes homosexuals appear to be not 100% good and virtuous. Therefore, in order to be politically correct, a special definition of pedophilia has been applied to this scandal. Anybody who states the actual truth is accused of homophobia.
I am gay/bisexual and would make an exceptional father since I am pretty conservative and keep my sexuality very discreet and completely away from my nieces and nephews. If need be, I would raise these kids.

I am not PC and will freely admit that many gay people are not suited for parenthood! Those kinds of gays are living wild lives anyway, and one hopes that have no desire to have kids. From my experience, those kind of men do not have an interest in adopting.

Yes, there are gay males who are pedophiles. Men in general (straight) are indeed the ones who more often do this sort of criminal thing. It is an issue the authorities need to keep very much in mind, which they do. But don't paint a broad brush. Thanks.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:42 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,307,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
This question has been answered over and over again. Young children find homes more easily. Older children don't. They did a good thing by choosing an older child. Maybe this was the oldest boy who happened to need a home. Had he been 12 rather than 14, they would have adopted him. We don't know, they may have just told the agency they wanted an older child who needed a home because older children are more difficult to place.

Who is fearing what? Was this couple supposed to reject their choice to adopt and older boy because simple minded people would accuse them of pedophilia? That comment makes no sense.
Quote:
thread is pointless for the mere fact that the dude is 16 years old

a)no 16 yr old dude needs to be "adopted"

b)a 16 yr old dude aint going to get turned out unwillinglly

c)there arent any gay cakes available for this particular situation
It would help if people would listen to the interview to get the facts.

Marvin was in fact 12 years old when his segment on Wednesday's Child aired. The gay couple saw the segment and decided they had to help this poor kid. He was 14 by the time the adoption became final.

The couple in question didn't want "an older child", they didn't want any child per se, but were moved by Marvin's plight and decided they couldn't be bystanders, they had to help him.

It is a good thing they have done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Its obvious why homosexuals adopted him.
I agree completely it's completely obvious why homosexuals adopted him.

He needed a home.

Quote:
lol Im laughing because instead of me working off FEELINGS i lived it, i grew up in the absolute worst environment around the worst people and all kinds of shht which i will never discuss

You've lived it? I am sorry that happened to you TX Ace, gay kids like you don't deserve to be beaten and thrown out of their homes at young ages.

Old 03-09-2015, 02:33 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,477,899 times
If the boy was 12 when the adoption proceedings began, the adoption agency had plenty of time to investigate them to determine as to whether or not they would be suitable parents for the boy. Apparently after two years they discovered enough evidence to make the decision the couple was in fact suitable. But people here who don't even know these guys seem to think they know better and disagree with the decision based on nothing more than their own imagination.

Kind of makes me wonder what is going on in their lives and minds that they are judging this couple so harshly. Personal experience? Acting out? Putting themselves in the situation and project what they would do if they were these guys?

Because I wonder why it's anyone else's business if the experts who took two years to say it was safe that these Negative Nellies are so against it.

Old 03-10-2015, 01:26 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,805,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
The same taboos would work with a gay couple. They would not want one of the partners to be attracted to their child because they would be outraged too. Where in the H@@@ do some of you come up with this stuff?
Oh really? When the adopted child is grown? Are all gays that monogamous? That would explain the bathhouse scenes of the 1970's....

That said, we have had social workers and other professionals evaluating adoptions on a case-by-case basis for years now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events