Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2015, 12:18 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal Dew View Post
Yea they would have to get rid of Ronald just like Burger King got rid of that creepy King commercial where you wake up with him looking at you in bed lol
Him and his shiny plaster head. Looked like he'd had mucho work done.

Old 05-29-2015, 12:20 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
Quote:
Yea it always been the food and bloated menu. I don't know why they have such huge menu
Written by committee. Everybody has to contribute.

I'm telling you, Tal, you and I could turn that company around!

Old 05-29-2015, 12:21 PM

1,587 posts, read 1,014,596 times
I think this pretty much said it all on why they are trying to go in this direction.

"Fast casual food is so hot right now.

The market for fast casual food, which is almost but not quite fast food, has grown by 550 percent since 1999, more than ten times the growth seen in the fast food industry over the same period, according to data from market research firm Euromonitor. Chipotle, likely the best known purveyor of the category, has seen its sales more than quadruple during that time; Panera, another oft-used example, has watched its sales more than triple; and Shake Shack, the hamburger joint du jour, has done so well that it just went public despite operating only 36 outlets."

The Chipotle effect: Why America is obsessed with fast casual food - The Washington Post

Old 05-29-2015, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Written by committee. Everybody has to contribute.

I'm telling you, Tal, you and I could turn that company around!
Yea I would get rid of more than half the things on their menu. Its like they are trying to be everything. They would need to upgrade the quality of food majorly.

Old 05-29-2015, 12:38 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Yea it always been the food and bloated menu. I don't know why they have such huge menu
At least they change things up. I mean all burgers would get tiring after a while. When I went to Disney World the last time, I only got one burger while I was there. The rest of lunch or dinners were pizza, chicken sandwiches, hot dogs, subs and a stir fry plate. I could have done burgers everyday like my neither but didn't. It is abut balance and doing things different. I can't always do the grilled onion burger or the Wendy's cheesy cheddar burger so having options is a good thing.

Old 05-29-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
At least they change things up. I mean all burgers would get tiring after a while. When I went to Disney World the last time, I only got one burger while I was there. The rest of lunch or dinners were pizza, chicken sandwiches, hot dogs, subs and a stir fry plate. I could have done burgers everyday like my neither but didn't. It is abut balance and doing things different. I can't always do the grilled onion burger or the Wendy's cheesy cheddar burger so having options is a good thing.
I agree they should have different items to balance out all burgers, but why so many options? The McCafe, wraps and chicken selections are so massive

Old 05-29-2015, 12:52 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
I agree they should have different items to balance out all burgers, but why so many options? The McCafe, wraps and chicken selections are so massive
To match subway I guess. I think a chicken breast and chicken patty is fine and keep the fish filet as well as the mcnuggest and maybe a wrap or two.

Old 05-29-2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
To match subway I guess. I think a chicken breast and chicken patty is fine and keep the fish filet as well as the mcnuggest and maybe a wrap or two.
I wouldn't mind a couple chicken sandwiches and yes keeping the fish with the mcnugget would be great. They just need to cut the menu down and use quality products. The whole shake,smoothies selection needs to go. Personally I wish someone would come and knock Subway down

Old 05-29-2015, 01:12 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
I wouldn't mind a couple chicken sandwiches and yes keeping the fish with the mcnugget would be great. They just need to cut the menu down and use quality products. The whole shake,smoothies selection needs to go. Personally I wish someone would come and knock Subway down
Firehouse Subs might be up to the task. They've opened a couple of locations here, and they serve pretty good subs. No $5 foot longs though.

Old 05-29-2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Firehouse Subs might be up to the task. They've opened a couple of locations here, and they serve pretty good subs. No $5 foot longs though.
I have heard of Firehouse Subs. I think it is ran by retired firefighters right? I think they have some locations here. I will have to try it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events