Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2015, 09:35 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times

Advertisements

Their soft serve ice cream is a good value on a hot day. Other than that I like the happy meal with apple juice and apple slices. Simple. I suppose they should keep the supersizing for (mostly) men who want the big servings but they should still keep things simple.

Old 05-31-2015, 09:24 PM

96 posts, read 87,948 times
I was recently found to have diabetes. My provider asked me about a normal day's menu for me and I told her that since I live alone I like takeout when finances allow it. The day before my appointment I had eaten a chicken fried steak, and the day before that a burger and fries so that's what I told her. She went into her laptop and showed me the carbs in those foods, which I didn't realize were SO high. I also didn't know that a good part of those foods turn to sugar in your body. Since I love those foods she said I could cheat and have each once a month.

I think it's very probable that this type of information is the reason a lot of places that offer this kind of food may be seeing a drop in their profits unless they also offer a good variety of more healthy foods. People with diabetes have had to make changes for sure, plus those who are very serious about their weight, etc. Knowing this information has certainly changed the way I eat, thus changing where I spend my money for takeout.

Old 06-01-2015, 12:38 AM

5,511 posts, read 4,474,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Firehouse Subs might be up to the task. They've opened a couple of locations here, and they serve pretty good subs. No $5 foot longs though.
Hell, Subway no longer has $5 foot longs either. That's the only time I've gone there. Nowadays, their foot long subs go for $6.75 to $8.5 At those prices, I'd rather go someplace else. However, they're still selling well, so they gotta be doing something better than McD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal Dew View Post
I have heard of Firehouse Subs. I think it is ran by retired firefighters right? I think they have some locations here. I will have to try it.
That's what I heard too.

Old 06-01-2015, 12:52 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
I think they need to continue as they are, making sure the quality is there.

Old 04-29-2016, 09:46 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,425,047 times
Well I just ran to McDonalds to grab a burger real fast and I was actually about to start a new discussion until I searched and found this one. I got the Big Mac combo and this thing is a joke! The patties are damn near the size of those cute little Krystals patties, this whole thing was bun and lettuce. Is this what theyre offering to compete with burger joints? No wonder their sales are down, this isnt a burger! Good riddance Im going to check and make sure my 401k doesnt have McDonalds in it....

Old 04-29-2016, 09:53 AM

238 posts, read 315,636 times
Personally, I attribute it to my age. I'm in my mid 40s, and I can't eat that stuff anymore without feeling ill. When I was younger, I loved Mickey Dees. I used to order supersized items all the time, without feeling any repercussions. Nowadays, I avoid the place.

Sometimes I'll eat Jack in the Crack or BK, but those are rare moments.

Old 04-29-2016, 10:02 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Default McDonalds sales way down what are they doing wrong?

The quality and size of their products has steadily decreased in recent years.

It was only a mater of time until the public took notice.

This shouldn't surprise anyone over the age of 30 who has been paying attention.

Old 04-29-2016, 11:11 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,034,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
News report shows very disappointing sales posted recently by Mcdonalds all over the world not just in the US. The new ceo is now taking control and maybe things will change . What do you think they are doing wrong ? What can they do better? Is Mcdonalds simply going downhll?

Peronally I am now vegetarian and into health foods and they offer nothing for me to eat but a small salad or maybe some tea. I grew up with them as a child and used to love them so they still have a place in my heart and I was wondering what others thought?

I like that they offer internet, and offering a place for parents to take the kids where they can play is a good business idea too, but I think the food is overpriced for what you get. The places open 24 hours are also a good idea for people who work odd hours.

I do not think they should try to compete with upscale fast food places like Panera Bread but they can offer some healthier options their food is unhealthy and fattening, I like their idea of hormone free chicken, but I think they should just offer more food for your money. I think they are overpriced for what you get. More dollar menu options would be nice.

Here is the link below:

McDonald
Finally American consumers getting some sense and waking up to reality ??

Apple revenue down, McD sales down.

IMO both represent the rich and the poor , so either people are thinking or they dont have money...

However on the topic, McD should try to draw veggie crowds, they are sure to sell..May be a 3$ veggie burger.

Old 04-29-2016, 12:04 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,578,846 times
Or maybe things are changing

McDonald's sales soar thanks to all day breakfast - Jan. 25, 2016

Old 04-29-2016, 12:07 PM

17,155 posts, read 15,373,458 times
Had lunch at school today with my 2 boys (6 and 4). Both had happy meals. Both were very happy. I was happy. Thanks McD's!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events