Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2015, 04:48 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,470,414 times

Advertisements

Anyone noticed the new / rebuilt McDonald's no longer have an indoor playground? The inside looks like Starbucks. The playground was a big deal for them, it created a place where adults could eat in piece while the kids played in a secure location. Chick Fil A still has indoor playgrounds and they're always crowded.

Basically McDonald's cliental is mostly low income people but they're giving an effort to change their menu to attract a higher educated demographic that won't eat there anyway. So now poor people wanting a huge burger that's cheap go to Hardee's and the yuppies still shun them for Chipotle or Panera. Personally I only go there for ice cream (good soft serve for $1.05) or breakfast, which is still good. I find their lunch/ dinner food to not taste as good and it's getting nearly as expensive as fast casual. Chipotle is only $6.50 for a large burrito bowl/ tacos/ burrito and the food taste great and is quasi organic.

Old 05-30-2015, 05:53 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,168,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapruder View Post
Mc Donalds is ignoring their core demographic in favor of those that would never step foot into a Mc Donalds no matter what Vegan/Vegitarian ""fast Casual"" ""Organic"" approach they try.
Mc Donald's core demographic in 2015 are being priced out of eating there due to disconnected upper management being insulated from day today operations.

GO BACK TO BASICS!!!!!! In N Out Burger's menu used to be yours Mc Donalds remember?!?!?!?
Drop wraps, breakfast burritos, complex coffee options and those horrible baked apple and cherry pies!!!

Here's your permanent breakfast menu; Egg Mc Muffin, Sausage Mc Muffin with and without cheese. Bacon, egg and cheese biscuit, Big breakfast, hashbrowns. Milk, Orange Juice

Here's your new permanent lunch menu; Big Mac, Quarter pounder with and without cheese, small hamburger, small cheeseburger Filet O Fish, Mc Chicken, nuggets, your original FRIED apple and cherry pies, french fries, Soft drinks, Regular coffee, decaf, milk.

That's it!!! No more, no less. STOP ATTEMPTING TO CATER TO THOSE THAT WILL NEVER SET FOOT INTO YOUR RESTAURANTS NO MATTER WHAT YOU OFFER!!!!!

Concentrate on your core demographic by offering good food at good prices.

Simple, fast, efficient and delicious...PERIOD!!!
You've got to add a salad to that menu. Some of us still like a salad now and then!

Old 05-30-2015, 06:00 PM

922 posts, read 1,148,762 times
Only time I goto McD nowadays is for strawberry sundae and when they do Monopoly. Used to go for $1 drinks but BK does that too and their lines are almost non existent.

One way to improve sales is to start a rewards club. Buy 10 greasy burgers get 1 coronary for free. Heck even Starbucks has one.

Old 05-30-2015, 06:25 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,641,737 times
Too expensive. Everything. But keep the dollar menu, just expand it.

Breakfast costs too much. For just a couple bucks more than what an egg and sausage biscuit costs, I could go to ihop and get a Split Decision with french toast, pancakes, bacon, sausage links plus eggs with cheese.

Not enough dollar menu options.

Wonderful fries, but theyre too expensive. Add fries to the dollar menu.

The bag. They changed to this obnoxious white bag with nothing on it but a burger. Way to shame people who go there and have to walk around with a burger bag like characters in tv and movies and cartoons who are always fat. A wordless bag with a big burger picture on it is associated with being fat. And people dont want to be associated with being fat.

Bring back the quarter pounder deluxe angus burgers or whatever they were called. I loved the Bacon Habanero ranch, and stopped going mostly because they discontinued a bunch of gourmet-like quality burgers id been curious to try, but no more.

Get a $5 meal menu. Stop this 7-8 dollars for a burger and medium fries with a side of soda crap.

Last edited by Yiuppy; 05-30-2015 at 06:34 PM..

Old 05-30-2015, 06:41 PM

1,587 posts, read 1,014,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Anyone noticed the new / rebuilt McDonald's no longer have an indoor playground? The inside looks like Starbucks. The playground was a big deal for them, it created a place where adults could eat in piece while the kids played in a secure location. Chick Fil A still has indoor playgrounds and they're always crowded.

Basically McDonald's cliental is mostly low income people but they're giving an effort to change their menu to attract a higher educated demographic that won't eat there anyway. So now poor people wanting a huge burger that's cheap go to Hardee's and the yuppies still shun them for Chipotle or Panera. Personally I only go there for ice cream (good soft serve for $1.05) or breakfast, which is still good. I find their lunch/ dinner food to not taste as good and it's getting nearly as expensive as fast casual. Chipotle is only $6.50 for a large burrito bowl/ tacos/ burrito and the food taste great and is quasi organic.
Yes I noticed the playgrounds are disappearing. I don't ever see McD's even getting close to what Chipotle or Panera. I even see Jack in the box beating McD's where I am. I see a lot of new McD's look like this

Old 05-30-2015, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealialex View Post
They have the answer!
McDonald
Toast the bread longer and sear the wimpy burger haha

Old 05-30-2015, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Too expensive. Everything. But keep the dollar menu, just expand it.

Breakfast costs too much. For just a couple bucks more than what an egg and sausage biscuit costs, I could go to ihop and get a Split Decision with french toast, pancakes, bacon, sausage links plus eggs with cheese.

Not enough dollar menu options.

Wonderful fries, but theyre too expensive. Add fries to the dollar menu.

The bag. They changed to this obnoxious white bag with nothing on it but a burger. Way to shame people who go there and have to walk around with a burger bag like characters in tv and movies and cartoons who are always fat. A wordless bag with a big burger picture on it is associated with being fat. And people dont want to be associated with being fat.

Bring back the quarter pounder deluxe angus burgers or whatever they were called. I loved the Bacon Habanero ranch, and stopped going mostly because they discontinued a bunch of gourmet-like quality burgers id been curious to try, but no more.

Get a $5 meal menu. Stop this 7-8 dollars for a burger and medium fries with a side of soda crap.
What??? They changed to a white bag? geez ... If I am going to pay $7 for a burger, I might as well go to five guys as I get a big burger with any topping I want and I know where the beef came from.

Old 05-30-2015, 08:29 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,027,560 times
Put a burger and a beer on the dollar menu.My dog gets the burger I get the beer.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:10 AM

187 posts, read 195,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
You've got to add a salad to that menu. Some of us still like a salad now and then!

No, they didn't have salads until the early nineties. If In N Out Burger doesn't have a salad which they don't Mc Donalds needs to say no to that as well.

This is the slippery slope. Only Beef, chicken, fish, potatoes allowed. Simple, to the point.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapruder View Post
No, they didn't have salads until the early nineties. If In N Out Burger doesn't have a salad which they don't Mc Donalds needs to say no to that as well.

This is the slippery slope. Only Beef, chicken, fish, potatoes allowed. Simple, to the point.
Now that you mention it I can't think of too many fast food places that sell salads on their menu. McDonalds wants to cater to everyone by having that massive menu. Their menu is a turn off to me. They need to be simple and stick to proven things. They need to work on using high quality food and using fresh items.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events