Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2015, 03:00 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times

Advertisements

McDonalds was so strong for so long -- it's kind of sad to watch its demise. I have eaten there less than 10 times in the past 20 years, but that's not because I despise the place. I just don't eat much fast food. I wonder if it will ever recover or has it begun a long, slow decline toward inevitable death? Will they day come when vacant McDonalds will dot the landscape like a fleet of ghost ships? Will we tell excitedly tell our disinterested grand kids about the days when Ronald McDonald was king when we see a McDonalds that managed to avoided the plague and is miraculously still open for business?

Old 05-30-2015, 05:37 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times
One problem is their food isn't as good as other restaurants but the prices have been raised so it's not much more to get an excellent meal at Chipotle or Qdoba. Another problem is that their employees seemed to be brought from trailer parks and housing projects. I'm a pretty non judgmental person but even I'm uncomfortable with most of the employees I interact with. Between 5 face tattoos and the inability to say a complete grammatically correct sentence in a friendly way I just don't like ordering at McD's. Other restaurants realized it makes more sense to get better employees and pay them a bit more. Turnover is very high at McD's and they mostly treat their workers bad. By far the worst place I worked as a younger person was at McDs.

Old 05-30-2015, 07:04 AM

1,112 posts, read 1,144,634 times
For those of us that are concerned with health (I am), Mcdonald's is not a great option. Plus, I find them expensive. I choose to prepare my own meals in which they are far tastier, more nutritious and of course more economical.

Old 05-30-2015, 07:28 AM

187 posts, read 195,242 times
Mc Donalds is ignoring their core demographic in favor of those that would never step foot into a Mc Donalds no matter what Vegan/Vegitarian ""fast Casual"" ""Organic"" approach they try.
Mc Donald's core demographic in 2015 are being priced out of eating there due to disconnected upper management being insulated from day today operations.

GO BACK TO BASICS!!!!!! In N Out Burger's menu used to be yours Mc Donalds remember?!?!?!?
Drop wraps, breakfast burritos, complex coffee options and those horrible baked apple and cherry pies!!!

Here's your permanent breakfast menu; Egg Mc Muffin, Sausage Mc Muffin with and without cheese. Bacon, egg and cheese biscuit, Big breakfast, hashbrowns. Milk, Orange Juice

Here's your new permanent lunch menu; Big Mac, Quarter pounder with and without cheese, small hamburger, small cheeseburger Filet O Fish, Mc Chicken, nuggets, your original FRIED apple and cherry pies, french fries, Soft drinks, Regular coffee, decaf, milk.

That's it!!! No more, no less. STOP ATTEMPTING TO CATER TO THOSE THAT WILL NEVER SET FOOT INTO YOUR RESTAURANTS NO MATTER WHAT YOU OFFER!!!!!

Concentrate on your core demographic by offering good food at good prices.

Simple, fast, efficient and delicious...PERIOD!!!

Old 05-30-2015, 10:46 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Standingroom0nly
I haven't eaten there in 8 years--after getting sick off of one of their hamburgers.
Im sorry you had a bad experience there....

Old 05-30-2015, 11:04 AM

5,652 posts, read 19,353,293 times
The problem, as I see it, is that McDs always built their food around their process and franchise model, rather than the other way around. They are too expensive for what you get. I would like try their new sirloin burger to see how much of an improvement it is.

Old 05-30-2015, 11:54 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapruder View Post
Mc Donalds is ignoring their core demographic in favor of those that would never step foot into a Mc Donalds no matter what Vegan/Vegitarian ""fast Casual"" ""Organic"" approach they try.
Mc Donald's core demographic in 2015 are being priced out of eating there due to disconnected upper management being insulated from day today operations.

GO BACK TO BASICS!!!!!! In N Out Burger's menu used to be yours Mc Donalds remember?!?!?!?
Drop wraps, breakfast burritos, complex coffee options and those horrible baked apple and cherry pies!!!

Here's your permanent breakfast menu; Egg Mc Muffin, Sausage Mc Muffin with and without cheese. Bacon, egg and cheese biscuit, Big breakfast, hashbrowns. Milk, Orange Juice

Here's your new permanent lunch menu; Big Mac, Quarter pounder with and without cheese, small hamburger, small cheeseburger Filet O Fish, Mc Chicken, nuggets, your original FRIED apple and cherry pies, french fries, Soft drinks, Regular coffee, decaf, milk.

That's it!!! No more, no less. STOP ATTEMPTING TO CATER TO THOSE THAT WILL NEVER SET FOOT INTO YOUR RESTAURANTS NO MATTER WHAT YOU OFFER!!!!!

Concentrate on your core demographic by offering good food at good prices.

Simple, fast, efficient and delicious...PERIOD!!!
Agreed, except they should keep ice cream cones ( they have had those forever) and iced tea. They have good iced tea.

I miss those deep fried cherry pies. Those were good!

Old 05-30-2015, 12:00 PM

747 posts, read 2,105,932 times
They have the answer!
McDonald

Old 05-30-2015, 12:03 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,748,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Blame Mcdonalds the factory. They made all these ingredients for their franchises to buy and use. Just make them as cheap as possible so they can profit. As commodity prices shoot up, they can only cut corners to keep prices within range.

Big Mac is just 3 pieces of bread, hardly any meat. The meat is grey-ish brown color smaller than the buns and never look as good as pictures.

Go to Shake Shack and the food actually looks very close to pictures.
I blame McDonalds the factory, which is why I may never eat at another McDonalds the rest of my life.

I do not believe we have a shake shack, but once in a while I will stop by a Sonic, and they at least have decent size patties that taste like meat, not great but edible. I think I paid about a dollar more for my meal at Sonic, and the quality was well worth it to me.

Old 05-30-2015, 12:15 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,410,406 times
i think i ate mcd like 3 times in 2014 (during one of those summer months)

before that it was like 199x

one order was a 20pc chkn nugget... the dont have mustard anymore either (they were alright i guess but i remember them tasting better)

one order was 3 $1 breakfast burritos ( i actually liked those...they had just made em fresh..warm tortilas melty cheese and a decent amount of heat)

the other time i got one of those $1 mchickn sandwiches and a couple of apple pies (the "baked" apple pies tasted like ass, the chicken sanwich are good for what they are...mcd got that mayo that has this *sweet* kick to it which tastes good)

those apple pies used to be the shht when i was a kid... i'm sure it was some food nazis that caused them to ruin those pies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events