Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2015, 02:46 PM

1,587 posts, read 1,014,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Sounds like my kind of places. I'm almost but not quite good-looking, almost but not quite rich, and I drive an almost but not quite fly automobile.

Mickey D, hire me! Oh, and Tal Dew can be my executive assistant. It's a package deal.
Yea we can clean it up

Old 05-29-2015, 02:52 PM

1,587 posts, read 1,014,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
when fast food places decide to go away from what has always worked in order to cater to food nazis that wont eat there anyways they end up screwing the regular customers and their bottom line

mcdonalds should never have changed the fries or apple pies or mcnugget recipes

greasophobes should go to one of those uppity tofo vegan restaurants that serve soup and lettuce sandwiches

also mcd should not add all these new items to the menu and just focus on the core products
I used to eat McDonalds apple pie all the time when I was growing up. The nugget as well were my fav. I would get large fries all the time when I was in my teens. Now I haven't eaten at McDonalds in years.

Old 05-29-2015, 02:58 PM

14,772 posts, read 8,103,690 times
I use to eat and Love McDonalds as a kid too, but haven't eaten their in years, probably decades. I have lost my taste for that kind of food to be honest. They definitely have an image problem. And the food is terrible for you. I saw on a tv news special that they are importing some of their beef from China now....things like this don't earn you a lot of fans.

Old 05-29-2015, 03:02 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Firehouse Subs might be up to the task. They've opened a couple of locations here, and they serve pretty good subs. No $5 foot longs though.
Cheba hut is similar if you can put up with a pot smoking theme. Surprisingly it is really good and reasonably priced.

Old 05-29-2015, 04:48 PM

2,432 posts, read 2,690,587 times
Use to go there more but I cannot stand the staff at mcds. Just about any location. Always something is wrong or they wont fill the fry boxes up which annoy me since they keep raising prices. I think their fries and drinks are very good, when done right but their prices keep going up and its not worth the low quality and terrible service to me. Ill go elsewhere.

Old 05-29-2015, 05:39 PM

75 posts, read 90,793 times
I haven't eaten there in 8 years--after getting sick off of one of their hamburgers. But I've also moved onto much healthier foods and just wouldn't go there unless there were no other options. I think perception of it is "lower class" "obese" and "unhealthy" are strong in my mind...healthy whole fresh foods are much more attractive than the over processed commercialized (food?) they are peddling. My kids (4 and 5) don't even know what McDonald's is yet that I know of. We still hit In-n-Out once in awhile when we are in the mood for a fast hamburger. McDonald's just isn't on my radar anymore.

Old 05-29-2015, 05:49 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
I take my grandkids because McDonalds has an indoor playground, which is nice since we have lousy weather where I live. They get a happy meal. I get indigestion.

Old 05-29-2015, 08:03 PM

747 posts, read 2,105,443 times
It's getting harder and harder to find a plug for my laptop. They have removed most of them to discourage people from camping out for hours at a time. And today I saw No Loitering signs posted along the walls next to each and every booth in one of their locations. I haven't had a burger in several decades, but I have had their McChicken sandwiches, not a bad deal for a $1.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:08 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,746,694 times
I bought a big mac the other day for the 1st time in a long time, and I spent 10 minutes figuring out what happened to the meat. The patty was not even large enough to see between the buns, and it was thin and grey colored, and the taste was awful, it tasted like some unknown substance dipped in beef broth, and was overall terrible.

When I was young I would eat McDonalds all the time, even in my early 20s, and while it was far from great it was at least edible and tasted like meat. Now I do not think I will be going back unless they fix their food.

Old 05-30-2015, 12:58 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
I bought a big mac the other day for the 1st time in a long time, and I spent 10 minutes figuring out what happened to the meat. The patty was not even large enough to see between the buns, and it was thin and grey colored, and the taste was awful, it tasted like some unknown substance dipped in beef broth, and was overall terrible.

When I was young I would eat McDonalds all the time, even in my early 20s, and while it was far from great it was at least edible and tasted like meat. Now I do not think I will be going back unless they fix their food.
Blame Mcdonalds the factory. They made all these ingredients for their franchises to buy and use. Just make them as cheap as possible so they can profit. As commodity prices shoot up, they can only cut corners to keep prices within range.

Big Mac is just 3 pieces of bread, hardly any meat. The meat is grey-ish brown color smaller than the buns and never look as good as pictures.

Go to Shake Shack and the food actually looks very close to pictures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events