Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2015, 06:11 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,200,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I agree with the poster who said some of you folks are being obtuse. That or either you're closet perverts who get off on people that do this OR you do it too and get off.
OR we think that what someone does in their own home is their business.

The person complaining was so upset that they looked, got out their camera/phone, and stopped to take a pic.

If I see something that I don't want to see, I don;t stop to take a pic, I look away and move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 07:12 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,833,772 times
If any of you really wanted to read more on this story, you'd know that this has been going on for a long time. This guy didn't just stroll to the door naked one day and anger a few innocent onlookers. He's been doing it for years.

As I stated earlier in the thread (and received a rep comment of "yeah, whatever"), I think the guy is classless but this isn't deserving of some new law or ordinance. We don't know if the guy gets off strutting his stuff for the world to see. He hasn't commented on that as far as I know.

Seeing as this has been going on as long as it has, I think the media involvement is nothing more than escalation in hopes that this guy will shut his door or put some clothes on. I also think k this has been blown way out of proportion and this molehill is being made a mountain. If these parents are so concerned and appaled, why not just go beat the hell out of the guy? I mean that in all seriousness. It's obvious that no one talks to the guy, so there is little chance he could name any suspects. As long as no one runs their mouth I'd bet this guy doesn't come within reach of that door for a long time....and you could bet he'd be clothed when he did.

Old 03-19-2015, 07:31 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,147,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
If any of you really wanted to read more on this story, you'd know that this has been going on for a long time. This guy didn't just stroll to the door naked one day and anger a few innocent onlookers. He's been doing it for years.

As I stated earlier in the thread (and received a rep comment of "yeah, whatever"), I think the guy is classless but this isn't deserving of some new law or ordinance. We don't know if the guy gets off strutting his stuff for the world to see. He hasn't commented on that as far as I know.

Seeing as this has been going on as long as it has, I think the media involvement is nothing more than escalation in hopes that this guy will shut his door or put some clothes on. I also think k this has been blown way out of proportion and this molehill is being made a mountain. If these parents are so concerned and appaled, why not just go beat the hell out of the guy? I mean that in all seriousness. It's obvious that no one talks to the guy, so there is little chance he could name any suspects. As long as no one runs their mouth I'd bet this guy doesn't come within reach of that door for a long time....and you could bet he'd be clothed when he did.
I read the story. Why would anyone barge into someone's home and beat the hell out of him??

That would be a really stupid pet trick. Noone could possibly justify that, lol. Have to hire a lawyer, maybe go to jail, hang out with Police (and not in a good way), cause someone walks around their own house nude?? No way.

A smart idea would be to mind your business. If you are worried he might leave his house naked one day, tell your kids to stay the hell away from that man's house!

Easy stuff.

Old 03-19-2015, 07:39 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,833,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
I read the story. Why would anyone barge into someone's home and beat the hell out of him??

That would be a really stupid pet trick. Noone could possibly justify that, lol. Have to hire a lawyer, maybe go to jail, hang out with Police (and not in a good way), cause someone walks around their own house nude?? No way.

A smart idea would be to mind your business. If you are worried he might leave his house naked one day, tell you kids to stay the hell away from that man's house!

Easy stuff.
It would be a stupid pet trick? Are you sure?

Having some fool stand naked in his doorway for a decade is enough to make me do stupid pet tricks, especially if there have been multiple attempts to address the situation. What this guy is doing is intentional. He knows he is protected by the letter of the law. That doesn't make it right.

There is a huge difference between the occasional "oops". I'm quite sure you'd change your tune if this gentleman lived in your neighborhood.

Old 03-19-2015, 07:52 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,513,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post

Because hitting people is illegal. Standing naked in front of a clear pane window isn't (at least in his state)

This isn't a privacy/right to do x issue. This is simply a case of common decency. That guy doesn't have any. There is no reason to stand fully naked in plain view of anyone walking by knowing you are simply being seen because you are standing there. It's a technicality that's simply makes the action legal because there is a window in front of him.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:04 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,284,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Because hitting people is illegal. Standing naked in front of a clear pane window isn't (at least in his state)

This isn't a privacy/right to do x issue. This is simply a case of common decency. That guy doesn't have any. There is no reason to stand fully naked in plain view of anyone walking by knowing you are simply being seen because you are standing there. It's a technicality that's simply makes the action legal because there is a window in front of him.

I agree, Electrician4you. This dude sounds like a nutter.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:51 PM

468 posts, read 582,695 times
Red face Privacy???

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
If you do not like that a private person is not wearing any cloths inside his private home then turn away and do not look. It is his home so respect his privacy.

That is the problem he is not being private enough and he probably has a body that is a total eye sore

When I was a teenager we used to rag on morons like this. Ah, the good old days. We would have a field day with someone like this

Old 03-19-2015, 08:57 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,338,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siobhandem View Post
He was standing in front of the front door window naked.
I totally understand, but still (get this) windows were made to stand in front of to look out! Okay so you look over and see naked old dude once, you turn your head back and scream and then learn to never look that way again! it's that simple. Is it gross? yes. very much soo! But still I don't think I want to live in a world where we can't roam around free in our own home.

Old 03-19-2015, 09:40 PM

7,990 posts, read 5,383,686 times
I think it is pretty funny.

Old 03-19-2015, 10:49 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,359,835 times
I had a neighbor many years ago who was prone to standing naked in front of his bedroom window. I learned quickly not to look that direction when leaving my house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events