Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2015, 09:51 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,553,730 times

Advertisements

I guarantee some of the people on here claiming people are too nosy, mind your own business, stop staring into windows, are the same people who scream bloody murder about gay pride parades in say San Francisco. "Children can see that!!!!! Those perverts shouldn't be allowed to wear chaps in public!!!" Guarantee it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 09:56 AM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,175,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
There is no way to unsee the 300 lb people in speedos or too tight clothing, but they are out there in public, walking around the mall, the park, restaurants, beaches, pools, waterparks. That is perfectly legal. Why should they get to force me to see something that I don't want to see? We should make it illegal for fat or ugly people to be in public since I find it offensive. It should also be illegal to chew with your mouth open since that disgusts me. Men with "moobs" should be banned from being in public without a shirt too, that's gross. And hairy people, that really skeeves me out, especially sweaty hairy people.

See the point? If we ban everything that someone finds offensive, then everything will be illegal.
Exposing ones privates so that all INCLUDING CHILDREN can see isn't in the same league so no I don't see your point.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:00 AM

5,827 posts, read 4,166,204 times
No one has responded to my similar scenario:

Imagine someone builds a glass house in a regular neighborhood on a regular-sized piece of land. The glass house is clearly visible from the street, sidewalk, etc. They then throw big orgies at night with all of the lights on, so all of the action can be seen by absolutely anyone.

Is it still true that such a person has a right to do whatever he or she wants to do in his or her home?

Old 03-20-2015, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suz1023 View Post
WTF??!!
Since when is being naked the same as being a perv---you must be joking right?!
This guy is obviously wanting to be seen by as many people as possible. He has stood in front of a full glass door that faces the street naked for about ten years now. That is exhibitionism, and he is most likely a perv of some type.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
A person who could afford a house of glass and orgies all night could probably afford a decent amount of land to protect his own privacy.
That is irrelevant. In this scenario, they want to be seen, so they buy a small piece of land. Should they be allowed to have their glass house orgies?

Quote:
What goes on in someone's home is their own business. You have a right to assume a certain amount of privacy inside your home. On your lawn, its someones word against yours where you were and what you were doing.
When they make every attempt possible to be seen by people outside, they are making it other people's business. And whether they are on the inside or the outside of a thin sheet of glass has nothing to do with whether it's "someones word against yours." Why does being inside a glass door matter? Why can't he do this standing on his porch?

Quote:
Let me ask you, if you emerge from your shower, having forgotten to pull the shade on your large bathroom window, or bedroom window, and proceed to do your remaining hygiene before going to your bedroom to select the clothes you wish to wear, should the Police be able to bust in, search your home, and arrest you for indecent exposure because a neighbor camped out and watched you do this, recording it on their iPhone??

Plenty of successful law suits have been filed regarding government cameras at intersections reaching beyond that purpose. If governments arent immune to being accused of prying, how would any normal citizen be immune?
That isn't analogous because I'm not trying to be seen naked. This guy obviously is.

I believe you are being, as another poster put it, intentionally obtuse.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post

FOr he who said-neighbor's glass house, and orgy, well, again, if you are looking, then you are asking for it. I know, I know, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw orgies! And the neighbors might get jealous they're not invited to the orgy!
Just do what I would do, avert your eyes and then go buy heavy insulator blackout drapes for YOUR windows!

So you really think someone should be able to throw orgies for the entire neighborhood to see? You can't possibly believe that. What about kids who are riding their bikes down the street? Don't you believe a child should be able to play outside without seeing orgies?

Again, more intentional obtuseness.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:08 AM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,175,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post

Imagine someone builds a glass house in a regular neighborhood on a regular-sized piece of land. The glass house is clearly visible from the street, sidewalk, etc. They then throw big orgies at night with all of the lights on, so all of the action can be seen by absolutely anyone.

Is it still true that such a person has a right to do whatever he or she wants to do in his or her home?
Good question. But according to some they should still be able to do so since they are in the "privacy" of their own home. Still not sure how someone standing in front of a uncovered window or door has any expectation of privacy or can actually say they are doing something in the "privacy" of their own home when others can see it.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:12 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,113,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post

Interesting, but might I suggest that such person not throw a stone.

Mick

Old 03-20-2015, 10:12 AM

An important consideration here is that many laws take intent into consideration. For example, in most states, if I pee on a bush outside, I might get something like a public urination ticket. If I whip it out in a crowd and start peeing while showing off my johnson, however, I will get a public urination ticket and an indecent exposure ticket. I see no reason why that wouldn't be a useful distinction here. This guy's actions are in no way similar to those of a person who gets out of the shower and walks to their bedroom naked.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:15 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,200,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
Exposing ones privates so that all INCLUDING CHILDREN can see isn't in the same league so no I don't see your point.
We are all born naked. Even children have seen naked bodies. Maybe if people weren't such prudes we would see the human body as a part of nature. Did you know that in some countries there are uni sex showers and changing rooms and no one freaks out?

Seriously. OMG a penis!!!!!!! yet let little bobby play grand theft auto or call of duty. Personally I find the rampant violence on TV and in games far more offensive than seeing a human body. But then again some people get all up in arms if they teach the correct names for human genitalia in schools.

This country has some seriously misplaced concerns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events