Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 07:18 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,423,519 times

Advertisements

What's done is done and I suspect they will soon wish they had never turned the spotlight upon themselves once again. No good can come of dredging up their past for all the world to once more condemn them for their mistakes of 20 years ago. This time the victims will be their children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 07:49 PM

500 posts, read 1,176,121 times
Mary Kay is, and has always seemed, extremely childlike. Rather than a 30-something or 50-something woman, her mind is likely about as emotionally developed as a teenage girl, which I imagine contributed to the way this started.

In the ensuing years, Vili has also not had a chance to emotionally mature, and is also likely stuck in his teenage years. Because he was enveloped in this life that became "The Teacher and the Schoolboy", he has grown to feel irrevocably attached to her, much like a child is attached to a parental figure.

It's a twisted situation, but one that is likely to never change, because both parties have rooted themselves to each other like Romeo and Juliet.

Old 04-12-2015, 07:54 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,669,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjones311 View Post
Mary Kay is, and has always seemed, extremely childlike. Rather than a 30-something or 50-something woman, her mind is likely about as emotionally developed as a teenage girl, which I imagine contributed to the way this started.

In the ensuing years, Vili has also not had a chance to emotionally mature, and is also likely stuck in his teenage years. Because he was enveloped in this life that became "The Teacher and the Schoolboy", he has grown to feel irrevocably attached to her, much like a child is attached to a parental figure.

It's a twisted situation, but one that is likely to never change, because both parties have rooted themselves to each other like Romeo and Juliet.
So, using your logic if two people meet in high school at the age of 14 and date for years until they get married, then they remain at the same mental age as when they started dating?

Old 04-12-2015, 08:07 PM

500 posts, read 1,176,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
So, using your logic if two people meet in high school at the age of 14 and date for years until they get married, then they remain at the same mental age as when they started dating?
If both have stunted emotional capabilities, trauma at a young age, and no one to help guide them into learning and growing emotionally, yes.

I've seen it happen personally with someone I'm acquainted with. It's a very sad situation when people get stuck in a childlike mindset and don't know enough to be able to understand how to get out of it.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:15 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,854,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
All around the media has been dumbing down the institution of marriage. Marriage, plain and simple, should be an enduring and stable relationship between a male and female. Particularly enduring and stable when children are involved.

For this manipulator, who belongs being a lifer, to be married to her victim is beyond revolting.
Straight people have ruin it themselves not media or gays.

Old 04-12-2015, 09:31 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,849,826 times
Apparently they're married now and happy but I've never approved of the relationship or how it started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
He's been tied to his abuser for 20 years. He's never had a chance to heal, seek the appropriate therapy. It's completely disgusting and I feel so sorry for him.

I love GMA, but MKL destroyed Vili's life and I hate that this abuse is being glorified as some sort of accomplishment because it's gone on for 20 years. He's an adult now, yes, but he's never been able to get away from his abuser.

This whole thing is pathetic. Barbara Walters is sick.
He was away from her when she was behind bars, wasn't he?

Old 04-12-2015, 10:02 PM

35,262 posts, read 17,183,797 times
Quote:
For millennia it was normal for people to be sexually active by the age of puberty. I think the age of consent should be around 14 like much of Europe is. The notion that this adult man is still being manipulated by this woman is silly. Do people not realize that most of the population have sexual relationships before the age of consent? I don't subscribe to the Victorian notion that sex is damaging to youth after the age of puberty.
When it's a teacher than can give grades? Doesn't dominate? Be serious.

Old 04-12-2015, 10:05 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,669,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
When it's a teacher than can give grades? Doesn't dominate? Be serious.
The teacher part is bad, however, she hasn't been his teacher for almost two decades.

Old 04-12-2015, 10:46 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,654,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Would you approve of your 13 year old having a relationship with 30ish person?
It would depend on so many factors. I honestly don't know. I would not approve of it if it occurred where I live now, in the USA, because they'd both be so negatively affected / likely arrested and publicly shamed.

I'd have to take the woman's personality into account as well as my son's, and I'd sure have to think about it, but only if I lived in a culture that was accepting of this, if there is one. I wouldn't want anyone to have to hide or fake it.

In the early Colonial days of this (or any) country, I'm sure this kind of thing happened more often than we think. I just don't have all the answers. I don't think anyone does, but I do think if love is present, it is worth pursuing.

Old 04-13-2015, 04:59 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,362,734 times
Quote:
For millennia it was normal for people to be sexually active by the age of puberty. I think the age of consent should be around 14 like much of Europe is. The notion that this adult man is still being manipulated by this woman is silly. Do people not realize that most of the population have sexual relationships before the age of consent? I don't subscribe to the Victorian notion that sex is damaging to youth after the age of puberty.
I don't think this is true for modern cultures barring primitive ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events