Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 05:06 PM

983 posts, read 995,955 times

Advertisements

I remember that sordid affair when it was happeneing here.

Just despicable. Mary Kay Latourneau RAPED and 13 year old CHILD! It wasn't anything about "love."
But that's how the media played it up. It was "love."

Disgraceful!

I do feel for the kids from Latourneau's previous marriage. I hope they got get lots of family counseling, hope they're getting on well now.

And she wants to teach school children again? Not on your life MK!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 05:14 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,844,280 times
What does the body language of the two tell you in that interview?

I still find her sexy. Then and now. She must be a wild one.

Old 04-11-2015, 05:34 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,418,586 times
Every body has their own opinion. Mine is.......They have been together for ten years and it would appear that they have found their own way to happiness even with all the odds stacked against them. They have probably been offered a goodly amount of money for the interview but I think it is a mistake to do this interview. Maybe they think by doing so some good opportunities will come their way but, judging from the criticism and censure already in evidence here on this thread, I think that no good can come from this. For their own and the sake of their two daughters I wish them good luck and good fortune.

Old 04-11-2015, 05:39 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,053,429 times
She first molested Fualaau when he was only twelve years old, while he was still in elementary school. This is important because the statutes in many states are written to provide additional punishment for those who molest a child below the age of thirteen, as opposed to someone who is merely below the age of consent.

What makes it worse is that her original sentence was for only six months in the county jail, three of which were suspended. She was only sent to prison after molesting him again--in violation of her probation. She served less than six years of a 71/2 year sentence.

As to why she was treated so lightly by the courts, and why she is largely given a pass by American culture and media, the answer is simple: she is female, and we are far less judgmental of women than we are of men who engage in sexual improprieties, no matter how serious and destructive that behavior may be.

Old 04-11-2015, 05:39 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,499,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
At 13, I would have loved to have a teacher like Mary Kay Letourneau.
Just because kids would like something doesn't mean it's good for them. It's up to the adults in their life to do what is best for the kid, not give them what they want.

Old 04-11-2015, 05:46 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,772,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
He's been tied to his abuser for 20 years. He's never had a chance to heal, seek the appropriate therapy. It's completely disgusting and I feel so sorry for him.

I love GMA, but MKL destroyed Vili's life and I hate that this abuse is being glorified as some sort of accomplishment because it's gone on for 20 years. He's an adult now, yes, but he's never been able to get away from his abuser.

This whole thing is pathetic. Barbara Walters is sick.
How did she "abuse" him, and if he was abused how come he isn't complaining? How come you care so much what two people do in their private life?

Old 04-11-2015, 05:50 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,121,435 times
I guess back in the day, a rapist would not be charged with the crime if he married the victim, which somehow made the rape retroactively consensual. Weird.

Mick

Old 04-11-2015, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
Every body has their own opinion. Mine is.......They have been together for ten years and it would appear that they have found their own way to happiness even with all the odds stacked against them.
I used to think that the line "she's 83 and he is barely driving a car" in this song meant that the male was 16.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUsyHVjacJ0

Old 04-11-2015, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
She first molested Fualaau when he was only twelve years old, while he was still in elementary school.
She didn't "rape" him, it was consensual sex.

Any red blooded boy wishes that she was his teacher.

Old 04-11-2015, 05:57 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,291,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
How did she "abuse" him, and if he was abused how come he isn't complaining? How come you care so much what two people do in their private life?

If you don't know how she abused him, then there's no help for you. Personally, I think you're trolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events