Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 10:41 AM

622 posts, read 527,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
How many girls/women have you been around who start out on a mission to get drunk and laid by whoever they can?
I have seen girls approach a guy(cause he's cute) and his friends and its a one girl orgy because she is drunk and rolling with whatever happens.. You think women are innocent? Throw alcohol into the mix and you have what it is. The woman was consenting at the onslaught and the 7 guys she approached obliged her.
Times have changed and women use sex as a tool and usually regret it 15 hours later. Some of them don't.

Others are naive when out on their own for the first time and when in social situations like Spring Break are over their heads. One thing that is scary is guys who aren't college kids on break know the younger kids, especially girls, are going to certain locales and they take advantage of the situation. Call them predators. Guys in their mid-late 20s with money can sway a few young minds to do anything. They can talk a drunken young coed into having sex with them while they make a video of it. Then it shows up on the interweb.
You have a very distorted view of the world don't you. You think that just because women likes to dress in a certain way that they're being provocative and therefore they somehow 'deserve' what happens to them. Just because a woman exceeds the amount of booze she thinks she can consume doesn't mean that everyone is entitled to take advantage of her.

Contrary to what you think, women don't go out with the intention of getting laid. That isn't to say that she might unexpectedly meet someone she really fancies and the two of them jump into the sack together, that does happen. But the main intention is to go out and enjoy themselves which a woman should be able to do without fear of being assaulted or raped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 11:25 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,209,689 times
I think it reasonable to presume that a woman that has sex with multiple men on a public beach within sight of hundreds of other people with video recorders was raped. Absent any evidence to the contrary it is silly to assert that this could have been consensual. Nonetheless there does seem to be an abundance of evidence that she was incapacitated.

You can take the boy out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the boy. Not exactly what I think, but I don't want to get my post flagged and deleted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post

Do you believe in the mob mentality of gang rapes?
I do for some subcultures in the U.S., but not most.

Old 04-18-2015, 04:17 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,603,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You still blame the victim. Where is the blame, the personal responsibility of the person who ACTUALLY COMMITTED THE CRIME?
You think she is totally innocent in this scenario? She did NOTHING wrong and exhibited stellar judgement? If she had taken every reasonable precaution and had not put herself in the situation i would be in agreement with you. But she went to an unsafe environment, participated in unsafe behavior, apparently drank to some degree of excess, and allowed herself to be rendered incapable of protecting herself. Nobody has suggested she was overpowered or forcibly drugged. Everything points to her actions leading to the scenario where she was assaulted.

The rapists bear most, but not ALL of the responsibility.

If she had been cautious with her drinking, or more responsible protecting her drink she would not have become drunk to incapacitation or drugged unknowingly. If she had not provided opportunity, she would not have raped. Let's assume the rapist was a predator rather than a scavenger opportunist and was out hunting a victim. They would have found another victim if she had not been available. The fact that she was available points to some fault on her part so she is not blameless no matter how much you wish her to be. She may not have initiated or asked for it, but she certainly facilitated the situation.

Old 04-18-2015, 04:48 PM

11,775 posts, read 5,789,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xircal View Post
You have a very distorted view of the world don't you. You think that just because women likes to dress in a certain way that they're being provocative and therefore they somehow 'deserve' what happens to them. Just because a woman exceeds the amount of booze she thinks she can consume doesn't mean that everyone is entitled to take advantage of her.

Contrary to what you think, women don't go out with the intention of getting laid. That isn't to say that she might unexpectedly meet someone she really fancies and the two of them jump into the sack together, that does happen. But the main intention is to go out and enjoy themselves which a woman should be able to do without fear of being assaulted or raped.

You're more naive than I am! There are certainly girls / woman who do go out with the intention of getting laid. Many young women - girls take the whole feminist movement to a new extreme. If the guys can do it - so can they. My son was advised of which girls to stay away from at parties because they were just looking to put notches on their own belt.

I also know of an extremely spoiled young woman with no friends - who went away to school with the intention of partying and getting laid - that's all she talked about. When she came home for break - she'd relay her recent escapades - how many drunk unsuspected guys did she take advantage of?

Old 04-18-2015, 06:09 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,197,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
You think she is totally innocent in this scenario? She did NOTHING wrong and exhibited stellar judgement? If she had taken every reasonable precaution and had not put herself in the situation i would be in agreement with you. But she went to an unsafe environment, participated in unsafe behavior, apparently drank to some degree of excess, and allowed herself to be rendered incapable of protecting herself. Nobody has suggested she was overpowered or forcibly drugged. Everything points to her actions leading to the scenario where she was assaulted.

If she had been cautious with her drinking, or more responsible protecting her drink she would not have become drunk to incapacitation or drugged unknowingly. If she had not provided opportunity, she would not have raped. Let's assume the rapist was a predator rather than a scavenger opportunist and was out hunting a victim. They would have found another victim if she had not been available. The fact that she was available points to some fault on her part so she is not blameless no matter how much you wish her to be. She may not have initiated or asked for it, but she certainly facilitated the situation.
No, the person(s) who commit a crime bear 100% of the responsibility for that crime. Rape is a crime, as in all crimes, there is no excuse (victim did this, or didn't do that) that lessons the full responsibility of the perpetrator.

The rapists bear ALL the responsibility for the crime they committed.

Old 04-18-2015, 06:23 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,311,609 times
Of course there are women that go out with the intention of having sex with a man of their choosing, but that is different from gang rape. There is no excuse and no way of mitigating the crime committed here. If you believe it is the victim's fault, you are the one with the problem. Maybe she was in a place that was not safe, but it is Panama City Beach, FL. This is a sleepy little beach town that does not see much crime except during an invasion of college kids during Spring Break. She can be forgiven for not recognizing the danger, but the perpetrators can not be forgiven for assaulting her.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:07 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post

Lol, a crime was committed. You know who's responsible for that crime? The person who committed it. 100%. Good god, it's not rocket science.

Old 04-19-2015, 01:34 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
The first part of your post in sheer nonsense. You are making up a story to justify rape of a woman by multiple guys. When you say women use sex as a tool you are making yourself out to be a misogynist. I really can't see how anyone can think like this. Maybe it stems from something in your childhood. These three guys need to be incarcerated for a long time and hopefully this girl will get therapy for a despicable act that somebody should of stopped. A bunch of cowards in the crowd.

I love the naiveté exhibited by too many.

How many have lived sheltered lives which excluded/shielded them from reality? I take it none went to college or HS or ws around people reveling as kids do when on Spring Break. It doesn't matter if they be black or white - call me a misogynist if it makes you feel better - please wake up and smell the coffee. You claim to not know how anyone can think like what?

What makes people commit heinous rapes or murders? Why did people stand around a watch to the point of recording a video? Are they of the same mindset to the point it doesn't bother them or were they like people who love car wrecks, fires and other human tragedy?

Those who did nothing should be to who you direct your ire. I merely set a scenario - it happens all the time - it happens enough we are posting comments about it here. People need to accept fact/truth and ready themselves for it.

Old 04-19-2015, 01:37 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times
I think everyone who witnesses a violent crime and doesn't report it should be charged with a crime.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:51 PM

11,775 posts, read 5,789,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Of course there are women that go out with the intention of having sex with a man of their choosing, but that is different from gang rape. There is no excuse and no way of mitigating the crime committed here. If you believe it is the victim's fault, you are the one with the problem. Maybe she was in a place that was not safe, but it is Panama City Beach, FL. This is a sleepy little beach town that does not see much crime except during an invasion of college kids during Spring Break. She can be forgiven for not recognizing the danger, but the perpetrators can not be forgiven for assaulting her.

I can't understand why you refuse to acknowledge that we all realize who is at fault here - the 3 rapists. No one is arguing that so please get over that. What others are saying is that everyone - male, female, white, black or purple - have to take responsibility for their actions and think before they proceed.

Whether Panama City is low crime or not - the influx of thousands of drunk, rowdy, college students only creates problems. That's why many towns, law enforcement ect are pushing to do away with Spring break in their areas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events