Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 11:33 AM

387 posts, read 356,192 times

Advertisements

How about Nut Crushing for real rapes and Breast slicing for Women who have lied about rape....Sounds like a fair plan to me.....I consider lying about rape to be almost as heinous as an actual rape...

For "in between" type of "rapes" where both were drunk out of their mind and the Women never says no....well I don't really consider that the same...I place that more under the personal responsibility mark and don't consider it a rape at all....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 11:39 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY to Chicago View Post
How about Nut Crushing for real rapes and Breast slicing for Women who have lied about rape....Sounds like a fair plan to me.....I consider lying about rape to be almost as heinous as an actual rape...

For "in between" type of "rapes" where both were drunk out of their mind and the Women never says no....well I don't really consider that the same...I place that more under the personal responsibility mark and don't consider it a rape at all....
the problem comes when you have a he said/she said situation with no witnesses. obviously that's not the case here though.

Old 04-20-2015, 11:48 AM

897 posts, read 1,180,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Yup. Tell me there's no rape culture in this country.
This country is backwards in more ways than one. "Rape" and attitudes towards it are just one example. Then again, this isn't the only country that's pretty backwards.

Old 04-20-2015, 12:15 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,523,861 times
Did I really spell Spring "Sping"?

Old 04-20-2015, 12:35 PM

3,327 posts, read 2,136,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjury15 View Post
This country is backwards in more ways than one. "Rape" and attitudes towards it are just one example. Then again, this isn't the only country that's pretty backwards.
I agree with you. We're pretty forgiving when adult females engage in sexual relations with minors, but not the other way around. The promiscuous nature of our culture also seems to beget the wrongful mindset that alcohol/drugs + the mere presence of a woman = "hole(s) to be filled."

Old 04-21-2015, 04:16 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,099,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Still don't know all of the story. Was she drugged and forcibly raped or was she a willing participant who later regretted her actions and cried rape? Things like this happen as often as rape. Probably best to hear all the facts before all the forum lawyers and angry mobs form demanding justice.
They were having sex with her while she was unconscious. It is rape no matter how you slice it.

Seriously... Would you still be asking these same stupid questions if the same thing happened to you???

Old 04-21-2015, 09:14 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,388,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
They were having sex with her while she was unconscious. It is rape no matter how you slice it.

Seriously... Would you still be asking these same stupid questions if the same thing happened to you???
If a male is drugged, unconscious and gang raped...you bet they would call that rape. Even if he was at a spring break party, drinking, and nude. It's ridiculous.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:01 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,780,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post

The same thing wouldn't happen to me. For one, even if I were a woman, I wouldn't be dumb enough to go to Spring Break to begin with. It is nothing but a week of sordid debauchery full of frat boys, attention w***es, raunchy parties, and the worst in human behavior. Nothing good ever happens there and yet flocks of young, dumb students and non-students go there each year to party like sodomites. If you accept certain risks, you have to accept there will be certain outcomes. I certainly wouldn't approve of my daughter going to a Spring Break party where 80% of the attendees are drunken animals of both genders.

Still don't know all the facts though.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:20 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,311,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
The same thing wouldn't happen to me. For one, even if I were a woman, I wouldn't be dumb enough to go to Spring Break to begin with. It is nothing but a week of sordid debauchery full of frat boys, attention w***es, raunchy parties, and the worst in human behavior. Nothing good ever happens there and yet flocks of young, dumb students and non-students go there each year to party like sodomites. If you accept certain risks, you have to accept there will be certain outcomes. I certainly wouldn't approve of my daughter going to a Spring Break party where 80% of the attendees are drunken animals of both genders.

Still don't know all the facts though.
Once your daugher reaches the age of 18, you might not know where she is at all times. I doubt the parents of the girl involved would have approved of her choice. However, MOST of us make some dumb choices when we are young. Not ALL of us are always thinking clearly and looking out for crimes to happen. Young people, especially, make dumb choices. You are a grown man, and it is hard for us to remember how we felt when we were very young. I know I made some dumb decisions, and I will not judge someone else for doing the same. I am sure if she could take back the choice to be in Panama City Beach at that time, she would.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:41 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,780,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Once your daugher reaches the age of 18, you might not know where she is at all times. I doubt the parents of the girl involved would have approved of her choice. However, MOST of us make some dumb choices when we are young. Not ALL of us are always thinking clearly and looking out for crimes to happen. Young people, especially, make dumb choices. You are a grown man, and it is hard for us to remember how we felt when we were very young. I know I made some dumb decisions, and I will not judge someone else for doing the same. I am sure if she could take back the choice to be in Panama City Beach at that time, she would.
Yep, young people make poor choices. I made plenty when I was that age. I also know that we don't get a second chance to avoid the outcome of those choices. Any number of things could have precluded this, and no one has all of the facts yet. Sure it looks bad that initial reports are a girl is being taken advantage of while drunk or drugged. I typically don't give the benefit of the doubt to packs of wild animals like the guys who were part of this alleged rape, but given the environment and what I've seen with my own eyes as well as what I've had to witness during military trials, I know how truths can be twisted and how dangerous rape allegations can be. I'm certainly not blaming the victim here, but I'm also not ready to hang these guys from the highest tree just yet. If they are tried and found guilty, then they deserve swift and severe punishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events